CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6738
I done it once. I was in a tank and a plane was coming diving to bomb me and I shot a desparate shot. BOOM Tank took down jet LOL was lauging all match after that escapically with the pilot shouting "HACKER"

It was prue lucky shot wish I can do It again
Darth_Rambo
+22|6706|Raleigh, NC
I've shot down numerous Jets and Helos with a tank.  If the Jet or Helo are close to the deck while attempting to destroy a tank, then it is really quite easy to destroy the Jet or Helo. Just wait for then to get fairly close then fire away! Of course, stationary Helo's are quite easy to destroy with a tank, APC, or mounted MG. Stingers just plain suck! I miss the days from 1942 where destroying planes with AA was such a joy. The flak cloud effect was great.
Darth_Rambo
+22|6706|Raleigh, NC
Oh yeah.......Watch out after you destroy the Jet! I've been destroyed myself with the debris from the downed Jet or Helo.
thinner44
+1|6808

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

I done it once. I was in a tank and a plane was coming diving to bomb me and I shot a desparate shot. BOOM Tank took down jet LOL was lauging all match after that escapically with the pilot shouting "HACKER"

It was prue lucky shot wish I can do It again
Funny you should say that (hacker), isn't it odd that when something really strange happens, call it pure luck, someone will always shout hacker. Some of the kills I've had not only amazes me, but makes me think.... how the hell . . . then comes the "no way man, you couldn't have done that without an aimbot or summat"

Sides of barns are safe.... there's not much skill to my shooting, but hit em enough and then throw a stick and anything can happen
Fahrenheit
+0|6778
slicks is easy to take out in a tank but i never took a jet out, i guess if someone in a tank repeatedly took a jet out then something funny is happening or the pilot is really bad lol. I cant fly slicks, and not much good in a jet but it amazes me how these het pilots are so dammned good on the bombing runs. I play on OA server regularly but if winchesterOA is on and jets are around i will ground pound, that guy is awsome in a jet, no sooner have i turned the key in whatever vehicle ....KABOOM!!! i know there is probably a thread in the forum somewhere but when is the best time to release the bombs when the green box shows up? im ok in 2 man jets as a gunner with the TV missiles but bombing runs evade me....lack of skill i guess + im more of a armour whore lol.
Slink
+17|6696
I've done that, it was a low flying bomber and I just reflex clicked and it came down.
XDistant_DeathX
+1|6694|Indiana, USA
I shot down a US plane on Kubra Dam once while driving up the hill to the bridge from the valley floor.  A plane was coming straight at me; I fired without thinking and nailed him in the nose.  I have never had an opportunity like that again.

Last edited by XDistant_DeathX (2006-01-19 10:06:10)

-=Stekhuset=-Bleppen
+1|6709
i have taken down lots of planes with the tank its not impossible
i would say learnable
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6762

on UT2k4 ppl'd do this all the time; Eagle Eye shots. Because it was so cool to have in your record ppl practiced and were aces at taking down Raptors with Goliath Tanks.

including me.

BF2 Tank - Airplane kills.... 3.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6708

Justinian wrote:

I was at full health.
Tanks kill planes in one shoot...

I've shoot down a plance once on Wake (begining of game when the us jets just took off and usally go right for the tanks china just got in).. Also shoot a jet down with a AT once on clean sweep.
ยป You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6740|United States
Happened to me on Wake Island.  Saw a tank on the beach, lined up for an easy kill, tank turns the turret, fires, and I have one more death on my stats.

It's fun to shoot jets down with a tank.  It's nearly impossible to take one down with anything, nevermind a tank.

Last edited by Bert10099 (2006-01-19 10:05:36)

DocZ
+13|6687|Belgium
the guy in the tank owned you.   Get over it.
Drunkaholic
+4|6723
So? I shot down a MiG-29 that was flying along side me with an Abrams in DC.  It's not that big of a deal.  If I'm in a tank and I do miss, it's almost always by  only 5-10 meters.

Last edited by Drunkaholic (2006-01-19 10:54:32)

stss95
+0|6762
It can be done, I have taken out 2 planes with tanks. The first one was flying right at me easy shot, the second was just flying through the air right to left and i hit it with a lucky shot. One shell will destroy an aircraft.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6754|The Netherlands
I have done this once with a full health F35.
it is really a lucky shot but of course it is possible.
I explain in simple math

tankshell=destroy jet in one shot
jet= fast, hard to hit and eager to destoy tank -> attracted to fly straight at tank
tankshell+jet+a lot of luck=destruction
Arch-35
+1|6708
I have seen it happen and I have tried it as well. Not too successful though. I can hit a BlkHwk with a GL better than trying to shoot at a jet with a tank.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6674|Moscow, Russia
That godlesssoldier guy spent 40.5 hrs in a tank, it explains everything Btw I think it's possible to take down a jet with a GL - I've never done it but I once tried to GL at a plane on the ground. One shot was enough for it to start burning and explode in 3 secs.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6693|Howell, Mi USA
i had one time where i was in a tank and i was getting pwned by the side gunner in a blackhawk. i took a kind of golden bullet shot at the helo..... my shot went right in the rear door and out the other side. i bet those guys were shittin their pants.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6684
Ouch, pwned!

In BF1942, I took out a plane with an AT rocket, ROFL.  That is truely the biggest ownage of the century.  He was flying above me, so I fired a rocket straight up, and he crashed into it... OWNED.
uk.solidsnake
+3|6707|England, UK
I've done this numerous times. It's generally only possible on wide spread maps where the pilot is stupid enough to fly very low to the ground in an attempt to bomb me. You just have to be quick on your feet and take the chance, if you're lucky, you'll be rewarded with one of the most satisfying frags in Battlefield.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6699
ive shot down jets with tanks before, and I would do it more often if dice would fix their disgusting hit detection. I cant tell you how frustrating it is to see a tank shell impact the windshield of a jet and have it do no damage.

I even shot a jet down with an APC rocket, but that was luck. Ive seen a friend shoot a jet down with an AT rocket.

And 1 shell will destroy a jet. 1 AT rocket will even kill a jet... Jets are one of the weakest vehicles in the game in terms of hitpoints and armor. Theyre just really goddamn hard to hit.
LockerFish
+47|6705
it's definitely not a glitch. I've done it at least 6 times now. and if it's flying low at you one tank shell is all it takes to shoot a plane down....no plane will survive a straight on tank shot....
BeforeGod
+0|6814|British Columbia
So a jetwhore screaming "HACKS" when shot down... I wouldn't exactly call this news.
KevinB550
+5|6715
i haven't gotten any tank kills on jets aside from the easy pickings of a jet just taking off, but i do remember back in the demo, i was on top of the hotel on Oman and nailed a jet that was flying over the building using a SRAW. felt nice to see it explode and continue by peacefully sailing over the rooftop
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

i do it all the time, especially when bombers come around to try and get a lock on. i like how you yelled HACKS tho

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard