elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6445|USA

Des.Kmal wrote:

my main tip i tell people when i fly(rarely... mostly on city maps, i usually gun) is all it takes is one click. if ur not comfortable with clicking alot on a tank or chopper, just click once... where the tank is headed, u'll get it if u aim for where its headed not where it is. the tv missile doesnt move once u click, it does EXACTLY where u clicked.
uhhhhhhhhh wtf are you smoking
Des.Kmal
+917|6609|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

elite.mafia wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

my main tip i tell people when i fly(rarely... mostly on city maps, i usually gun) is all it takes is one click. if ur not comfortable with clicking alot on a tank or chopper, just click once... where the tank is headed, u'll get it if u aim for where its headed not where it is. the tv missile doesnt move once u click, it does EXACTLY where u clicked.
uhhhhhhhhh wtf are you smoking
weed
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6526

keyoshi wrote:

I agree with you totally on this adam. To the guy who said you mustbe a noob writing this after the game comes out after 2 yrs, PEOPLE ARE STILL BUYING THE GAME, I was in a server yesterday and the guy said "It's my first day on the game, how do you command?"

But yea adam, this is needed....after our Iron Gator experience....it was horrible x_x Was I on it with you?? Maybe it was a different one, but I got kickd / banned from that server lol for trying to teach the noobs how to TV and shit.
It was me, and we need to do that again sometime, your seriously one of the only gunners i've ever had who isnt retarded.
im_in_heaven
+27|6579
adam then you need more variety of servers in your list if you think hes the only non retard in a chopper
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6576|Hamburg / Germany
I don't fly anymore with people I don't know. Communication via ts or ventrilo with your gunner/pilot is a must have if you want to play real nice.
Drexel
+43|6468|Philadelphia

GermanLegionaire wrote:

I don't fly anymore with people I don't know.
So what happens when a pub jumps into your chopper?  Redline?  Crash and bail?  Sit there screeming Hop out?  No offence, and I agree with the need to communicate, but it's thoughts like that which give "good" chopper pilots a bad name.
DrunkenResistance
beat mason
+13|6212|Bloomington, Indiana
I honestly don't care unless I am trying to gun/pilot with a friend.  Otherwise when I gun or pilot... I would prefer someone that knows what they are doing, but whatever...it's a game
CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine
Remember that at one time you were that useless noob in the chopper.

It's frustrating to get someone who doesn't know what they're doing, but you were in that position at one time too.

What gets me is when you get a high ranker, like a fricken general who still doesn't know how to properly operate a chopper. You can't help but make fun of them at that point.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6526

CrazeD wrote:

Remember that at one time you were that useless noob in the chopper.

It's frustrating to get someone who doesn't know what they're doing, but you were in that position at one time too.

What gets me is when you get a high ranker, like a fricken general who still doesn't know how to properly operate a chopper. You can't help but make fun of them at that point.
Yes I know, which is why MOST of the time I try to give them pointers and stuff, but then you get the guys who are rude and think they are the best. If its a noob and he is willing to listen I definitely give them tips and help them. I was just choppering with a 3 star general on Gator, he had no idea what to do on that map.
keyoshi
+28|6411
Crazed, when I played with Adam, he isn't talking about Sgts, Corprals, Etc. He's talking about freaking Captains, Majors, Lt. Cols even that think they are good, but can't line you up for a TV, or turn for that matter.

I try to be one of those nicer Higher Ranked Players. There are those days where I'm like, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY! I WANT MY DAMN APACHE, AND I JUST WANNA BE LEFT ALONE! I try and give the noob gunners I get sometimes shots. If I see that they miss a TV 1 or 2 times on a still tank / APC on ghost town, then I just go ahead and take them out myself, I still give them MG shots though, they can usually do that...
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6470|Vancouver, USA
Very nice, +1 to you.
RightInTheFace
+11|6637
2 tips for pilots:

* do not capture flags with a chopper!
* fly high

1 tip for gunner:

* get the fuck out!

Last edited by RightInTheFace (2007-04-26 05:17:40)

ssonrats
+221|6637
"The tail is the sweetspot" That's a ridiculous statement, go for the trailing edge for most shots, if you go for the tail and the chopper is moving backwards your tv will fly straight through it.

It works in pubs most of the time but if you face a decent pilot you need to know your hitboxes.

Last edited by ssonrats (2007-04-26 07:18:55)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6638

AdamBenson wrote:

3. AS PILOT DON'T TAKE THE KILLS FOR YOURSELF- Theres always those idiot pilots who dive in with Hellfire missiles on that tank instead of lining you up. Don't do that, always give your gunner the opportunity to take out the target, unless he is reloading or he missed.
The TV missles are the hellfire missles. The pilot shoots rockets.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

AdamBenson wrote:

3. AS PILOT DON'T TAKE THE KILLS FOR YOURSELF- Theres always those idiot pilots who dive in with Hellfire missiles on that tank instead of lining you up. Don't do that, always give your gunner the opportunity to take out the target, unless he is reloading or he missed.
The TV missles are the hellfire missles. The pilot shoots rockets.
Beat me to it. Was about to say, the hellfires are the TV missles.

But aside from that nitpicking, yeah good pointers for the average private who doesn't have a clue.
niomosy
+26|6681
Let's be honest, that guide, while obvious, isn't all that bad.  The real problem with the guide is its assumption that you'll make it into a chopper as a gunner in the first place.  That's just not going to be as easy as people think.

First, you'll have to be the lucky one out of several people trying to dash for the chopper at game start.  That or you're hoping that your chopper gets blown up so that you can be one of the lucky ones out of several waiting all over again.  If not that, you're probably on a relatively empty server and are hoping on sheer chance that you can find someone willing to pilot that doesn't completely suck.  You're also hoping that you don't get a dick of a pilot that doesn't want to deal with anyone not a top gunner; someone that's likely to border you or just do nothing but yell, "hop out".

So, what do you think your chances are of getting that gunner spot?  On an empty enough server, I can probably get the chopper and solo-gun but how much good is that going to do for the gunner noob that's just trying to get the hang of gunning?
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6688|minnesota
just for the hell of it i should put together a guide with all the dodges, manuevers, strategies, how to hitbox shots and all that other fun stuff i know but i dont feel like it. and btw i have a move that will pretty much guarentee any gunner to miss but thats going into retirement along with me
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6523
Hellfires are suppose to be laser guided missiles. The pilot missiles are FFARs (Folding fin aerial rocket)
adv3rsary
+28|6707

AdamBenson wrote:

I know 95% of you  dont need these tips, but every person not a noob in a chopper is better. I've just been really pissed off at the shitty pilots/gunners lately.

1. LEARN ABOUT THE TV MISSLE - I would say about 30% of my gunners dont konw that the TV missle is there. Of those who know it is there 1/5 people dont know they can STEER the missle. Practice in singleplayer, I did and it helps. Just know that its there, look through it a lot.

2. SHOOT THE TV MISSLE- I hate those people who are shooting the MG and not looking straight. If I'm aiming you at the Essex on Gator, shoot it as fast as possible. Try to look forward most of the time so you can see what your pilot is trying to get you to shoot at.

4. AIM AT THE TAIL OF CHOPPERS- The sweetspot for choppers is where the tail meets the body, otherwise theres a good chance of the TV missile going right through it.

5. LOOK AT THIS- Concentrate on the Gunner Missile views- http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/chopper

6. SPOT TARGETS- It only takes a second, spot that jeep/apc/tank that your pilot doesnt see.

7. BE WILLING TO LEARN- When someone of a high rank gives you advice, take it and use it, dont be ignorant.

more like 95% need these tips... so basic and yet people that don't even know these try and call themselves 'good'
8. LEARN TO CIRCLE-STRAFE- Great for raping bases, I remember when I wanted to learn how to do this, so I practiced in singleplayer Zater till I did. Invaluable tool to learn.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

I can't help it... I'm always noob in a chopper.
youre not always in a chopper till youve spent longer than this gyuy in one, ps i knows him well

http://bf2s.com/player/59865951/
={PS}=Rage
+2|6669|Lake Stevens, WA

surgeon_bond wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

youre not always in a chopper till youve spent longer than this gyuy in one, ps i knows him well

He may have a lot of time, and a lot of kills, but he also has A LOT of deaths.
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6462|NY

={PS}=Rage wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

And how the hell do u have 200+ hours in a plane and not have more kills.

Im sure he's a hell of a chopper gunner/pilot...
too_money2007
+145|6300|Keller, Tx

Flex wrote:

={PS}=Rage wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

And how the hell do u have 200+ hours in a plane and not have more kills.

Im sure he's a hell of a chopper gunner/pilot...
No he isn't. A kdr of 2? He blows.
BlackKoala
+215|6317

={PS}=Rage wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Look at his Driver kill assists though, 28k.

That just means he pilots around a lot, and is probably damn good at it.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6434|SoCal
Piloting (since everyone runs to the helo and hits F2, FFS), certainly doesn't help your KDR.

I don't mind flying someone who tries.  I'll admit, a gunner that won't fire the TV at the enemy helo will make me bail out and say f' it.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard