Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

If you're going to become a game company's bitch, be Valve's bitch please. Don't get corrupted by Third Reich Games and their studios.
tsmokes
+7|6323
haha.  point taken.  we don't want to be anyone's bitch.  except maybe gamers.  we'll try to do what you guys want, as long as its reasonable.  just don't call us your bitch publicly.
Computer_Guy
+54|6704
Xfire has plugins in which you can use it for multiple im's too. you just go to look for them. i got IM running on my xifre right now.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6766|San Antonio, Texas
Y'all's server is down. Are y'all updating?

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-01-30 21:57:50)

tsmokes
+7|6323
yeah, big update last night.  site should be up and running.  the invitation system is still down, but should be up and running in an hour or so.  our programmers did a lot of coding last night.

The plugin for xfire that lets you use MSN is cool, but its only MSN.  they have more coming, but they'll be seperate plugins, you'll have to download 3 more to match playxpert (and we're working on googletalk and jabber, not as plugins, but as stock gateways to come).  and the way ours is done, its just a gateway, which means smooth operation and a limited amount of memory used.  i know there are several plugins for xfire (for many different functions), but look at your processes and check how much memory they use.  i'm not sure, but i think the msn plugin uses a lot.  the thing about things like xfireplus is they aren't actually affiliated with xfire.  so, from a performance standpoint, a lot of those mods aren't that great.  i think (and this is speculation) the reason xfire doesn't make their own mods and plugins is because they can't do it without eating a lot of memory.    if you look through xfire forums, you'll see people talking about how their xfire starting crashing or freezing after downloading mods and plugins.  its really all about your system, when it comes to how successful any mod is.  so, the xfireplus mods usually work on newer systems, from what i've read, but I think they are memory hogs.  I could be wrong, I'll try to download some plugins today and see.   one of the developers said the msn mod will slow things down a bit?  is that true?  i'd like to know about that.  but anyway, if you think about it, why doesn't xfire offer their own, xfire approved mods and plugins?  i don't know the answer exactly, but its worth considering.  If they could make an effective, streamlined, efficient plugin to provide all chat client support, wouldn't they do it?  why wouldn't they do it?  any thoughts on that?  my guess is, xfire as it is built cannot support such features without eating a lot of memory.  Think of it this way, xfire is built like yahoo or aim or msn.  we are built like googletalk and trillian.  those other guys would have to build new tools completely to offer the ability to talk to any chat service.  googletalk, trillian, and playxpert are new in their architecture and so we can offer it, and with minimal memory cost.  but playxpert is the only one of the three that you can use in-game.

******************************************************************************************

also dudes, the developers didn't feel ready to launch beta 1 last night.  i'm trying to find out why right now, but let me say sorry and i promise the wait will be worth it.  we aren't going to launch something that has bugs, so we'd rather miss the ship date than launch something that works half-assed.  if anyone has any questions, hit me up on my xfire handle:  tgank or my work email:  [email protected]

Last edited by tsmokes (2007-01-31 10:14:20)

XxxMerliNxxX
+5|6314
ok ive filled out my invite...got my confirmation...but now i dont see a way to download the actual software.  was it released yet?
tsmokes
+7|6323
no, the launch was kicked back.  it should be soon.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
By the way, this will be supported on Windows Vista as well.  In fact, it's being developed on Vista computers.  It might also work with x64 Windows XP.  We'll need someone to test it on x64.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-02-01 15:39:22)

Brasso
+1,549|6637

_j5689_ wrote:

Dude, just give it a try and see what you think.  Whadda you have to lose?
Ok, I will.  But just because you play assault.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
tsmokes
+7|6323
haha.  sweet.
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6663

tsmokes wrote:

NOW FEATURING CAPITAL LETTERS!
Thats awesome lol
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6663|The View From The Afternoon

tsmokes wrote:

We're hoping to ship the first beta this weekend, anyone else want an invite to the inner circle?
I'd like to try it out. How can I be BETA tester?

Send me an invite?

please?       

Last edited by CruZ4dR (2007-02-22 09:33:56)

adv3rsary
+28|6722
make a clean and simple interface like GoogleTalk .. if it's crowded, it ll suck.. that's my best advice for you
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
If you want an invite, send some messages to me so T.J. doesn't get overloaded.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
Unfortunately the invite system is currently having problems with hotmail accounts.  We ask that you please use an alternate e-mail address than hotmail.
kiteboarderni
+62|6687
can i have an invite pls. i regesterd interst at start of topic but no reply!
tsmokes
+7|6323
also, pm me for an invite.  sorry if anyone got overlooked, but I got an overwhelming response from you guys!  I couldn't keep track of who got invited and who didn't.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6609
Dont Let Dice Code It!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

Dont Let Dice Code It!
You won't have to worry about that.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
Update:

The first Beta has finally been released.  It works with Windows XP and 2000 right now.  Vista should be supported soon.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-04-20 19:43:52)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6670|under there hayousaidunderwear
Can I get an invite for the beta or are you guys done giving them out?
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6659
Does this thing play nice with Oblivion?

Because xfire LOVES crashing Oblivion at the most annoying of times, more so when I haven't saved my game in a while.

Also, send an invite my way and in the name of Wordsworth use the enter/carriage return key. It's headache inducing when you type out a load of stuff.

And here's proof why I should probably be on this. That lot is just a fraction of the games I play, since xfire sometimes has issues with certain games. (for example, 12 hours on Oblivion is not true....  I've played that game a LOT more.)

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2007-04-23 05:54:32)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

majorassult wrote:

Can I get an invite for the beta or are you guys done giving them out?

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Does this thing play nice with Oblivion?

Because xfire LOVES crashing Oblivion at the most annoying of times, more so when I haven't saved my game in a while.

Also, send an invite my way and in the name of Wordsworth use the enter/carriage return key. It's headache inducing when you type out a load of stuff.

And here's proof why I should probably be on this. That lot is just a fraction of the games I play, since xfire sometimes has issues with certain games. (for example, 12 hours on Oblivion is not true....  I've played that game a LOT more.)
PM either me or tsmokes with your e-mail for an invite.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-04-23 10:29:01)

misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6403|Indianapolis, IN
Linux compatible or is this platform dependant just like Xfire?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
Just telling everyone again that it is out.  I have invites and am online so send me your e-mail in a PM and i'll send you the invite.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard