soadlink
+2|6727
Report it to EA, play at it, laugh at it, whatever.... but I found a knife only server: http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … 195:16567/

And there's actually people playing at it right now, and they have admins enforcing the knife only rules, and the people actually do follow the rules.

I wonder how long before it gets shut down.
Maj.Do
+85|6758|good old CA
knifing freaks
Loz
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
+56|6684|Umm... Home?
See what happenes when you use a gun or a nade
soadlink
+2|6727
Looks like pistols only now
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6843|Finland
Yoy are SO gonna get flamed posting the ip for that server...
Batman2372
+0|6767
Why is he going to get flamed?  EA has asked for this to be reported, and it needs to be.  Needless to say, it's been reported, and game-monitor will have some explaining to do, as this is not to be allowed.
*OL*JoseyWales
+8|6708|Phoenix Arizona
hmmmm i need 28 more for 50 total so i can try for 7 more ...after the 50 hmmmmm
EstebanRey
+1|6694
I don't understand what's so wrong with a knife only server.  I understand it can be used to get knife badges more easily but who cares?  So EA put one meaningless badge before a server offering a break from the regular?  Considering they haven't bothered to include any other game type other than "conquest" it seems a bit rich to shut down someone offering something a bit different.
jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.

EstebanRey wrote:

I don't understand what's so wrong with a knife only server.  I understand it can be used to get knife badges more easily but who cares?  So EA put one meaningless badge before a server offering a break from the regular?  Considering they haven't bothered to include any other game type other than "conquest" it seems a bit rich to shut down someone offering something a bit different.
i know its something a bit differant than the origanal game and suddenly its against the rules.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6737|Peoria, Illinois

EstebanRey wrote:

So go play knife only on an unranked server. It's a break from the regular but it doesn't pad you stats.
RDMC_old
+0|6742|Almere, Holland

soadlink wrote:

Report it to EA, play at it, laugh at it, whatever.... but I found a knife only server: http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … 195:16567/

And there's actually people playing at it right now, and they have admins enforcing the knife only rules, and the people actually do follow the rules.

I wonder how long before it gets shut down.
Pffff.. dammit yur such a noob..'' Report it to EA'' damn.. have no words to describe this post..
*OL*JoseyWales
+8|6708|Phoenix Arizona
should it be considered padding if ALL you use AS PRIMARY is KNIFE and still cap flags and attack spawns like normal play ???normal tickets still drain and its just a variation of the game play just a question?
EstebanRey
+1|6694

*OL*JoseyWales wrote:

should it be considered padding if ALL you use AS PRIMARY is KNIFE and still cap flags and attack spawns like normal play ???normal tickets still drain and its just a variation of the game play just a question?
The argument is that if all your kills are knife kills and every enemy you meet can't shoot you, it is easier to get the knife badges.  It such a crap badge anyway because to get it normally you have to knife people when you have lots of ammo and guns at your disposal so I don't see how it represents an impreesive feat in RL.  You would never knife anyone unless you were completely out of all your ammo which would be extremely rare.
StickyBombs
+8|6763|Sacramento, CA (USA)
I totally agree with EstebanRey...whats the point of getting a knife badge.  I mean got one just by chance in a stike @ Karkand map.  But I don't see the point of the knife badge.  If they want to play on that server that's fine...but I don't it should be ranked.  Ranked servers should all be the same.
72Wolf-
+1|6720

EstebanRey wrote:

The argument is that if all your kills are knife kills and every enemy you meet can't shoot you, it is easier to get the knife badges.  It such a crap badge anyway because to get it normally you have to knife people when you have lots of ammo and guns at your disposal so I don't see how it represents an impreesive feat in RL.  You would never knife anyone unless you were completely out of all your ammo which would be extremely rare.
The prey's friends dont hear your knife slice through him.  They only hear his pathetic calls for MEDIC!
Behind enemy lines?  Slice a throat and save the bullets.
*OL*JoseyWales
+8|6708|Phoenix Arizona

72Wolf- wrote:

EstebanRey wrote:

The prey's friends dont hear your knife slice through him.  They only hear his pathetic calls for MEDIC!
Behind enemy lines?  Slice a throat and save the bullets.
amen
H3llWeasel
+0|6731

EstebanRey wrote:

dude, theres variety, they so have "conquest: assault" and "conquest: double assault" 
Speelbal
+146|6758|Netherlands
I don't care. Statpadders are not cool because they make the game unfair with their stats. And the game will be ruined as of no teamplay. But I'm fine with servers like this one. Let them knife if they want. Who looks at someone's stats and says: I have a better life than you because I have more awards. I just want them because they're shiny.

I dont mind.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6794|England
This server is pinging at 2500 for me and when I try to connect it says "You have failed to connect, check your network connection and try again".
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6768
A lot of people say knife/pistol servers are prohibited.
Where is the letter from EA about this ?
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6794|England
Has the server been shut down already??? Its not up anymore
Wild1234
+1|6692

gblanco wrote:

A lot of people say knife/pistol servers are prohibited.
Where is the letter from EA about this ?
http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/ … .php?t=251

Rule E:
e. Server admins may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6775|Human Meat Shield
Since the infamous Nitro91/92 incident, I've been little weary about certain people killing me more than once, They now claim that they have an 'unban' and 'undetect for PB'. I am no way a hack or ever want to be considered in that category, but there has got to be a way to deter these individuals away from our positive and non-cheating servers, PB has to step up and counter these hacks. Knife only servers just add to the problem and PB should stop this if it detects more than 5 knives by the same person or something. Ah, I dont' know I just wanted to vent about hackers; I hate them.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6719|Wherever the F**k i feel like
bullshit we pay 50 buck for a fucking game then we should be allowed to do as we wish its our funcking game. We make the rules fuck you EA
n00b.Worx
+44|6732|West Berlin!

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

bullshit we pay 50 buck for a fucking game then we should be allowed to do as we wish its our funcking game. We make the rules fuck you EA
Fuck Fuck Fuck

^^

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard