General Breetai
+23|6526

ScoutStrike wrote:

General Breetai wrote:

Does a medic spot tanks, apcs and attack choppers all the time?
No, because there's always a freaking tree that blocks your spot, even as sniper.
Therefore you have to get the secret BF2-Expansion, which you can only get directly from EA: BF2-Dull Work. You get three new kit-expansions. Assault becomes a janitor (with the mop), Support become the gravedigger (shovel) , the sniper becomes a lumberjack. The lumberjack comes naturally with an axe, so you can get rid of the tree. Then, you can spot anything. Problem solved.
ScoutStrike
+37|6224

General Breetai wrote:

ScoutStrike wrote:

General Breetai wrote:

Does a medic spot tanks, apcs and attack choppers all the time?
No, because there's always a freaking tree that blocks your spot, even as sniper.
Therefore you have to get the secret BF2-Expansion, which you can only get directly from EA: BF2-Dull Work. You get three new kit-expansions. Assault becomes a janitor (with the mop), Support become the gravedigger (shovel) , the sniper becomes a lumberjack. The lumberjack comes naturally with an axe, so you can get rid of the tree. Then, you can spot anything. Problem solved.
Nice, but I'm not paying $10 for just that though.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6556|Seattle

Vilham wrote:

Let me put it this way. Commander in clan matches goes sniper.
Did the Alabama Gang tell you that?

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-04-26 04:07:33)

midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6500|here
Personally, I'm starting to wonder when people will start differentiating between snipers and noobs with high powered rifles.  Yes, there are people who will sit on top of a building, waiting for some poor soul to wander into their scope.  These are noobs.  There are other people who happen to be wearing a ghillie suit that are a fluid part of the battlefield.  These are snipers.

Snipers are team players, but we don't get extra points for what we do.  I consider myself a countersniper.  I eliminate other snipers/noobs-with-rifles that are giving my team trouble.  That itself is an art, especially if you're going against a SNIPER sniper.  Let's see a suppport gunner take out a half-decent sniper w/cover before getting shot dead.  kinda hard.  I know.  I've tried it.

Snipers place a single bullet 200m downrange to eliminate a threat to their team.  When used in squad situations, this is infinately helpful.

And if I type anymore, I'm going to be rambling.

$.02
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6471|Valley of the Dragons

midnitebassist wrote:

Personally, I'm starting to wonder when people will start differentiating between snipers and noobs with high powered rifles.  Yes, there are people who will sit on top of a building, waiting for some poor soul to wander into their scope.  These are noobs.  There are other people who happen to be wearing a ghillie suit that are a fluid part of the battlefield.  These are snipers.

Snipers are team players, but we don't get extra points for what we do.  I consider myself a countersniper.  I eliminate other snipers/noobs-with-rifles that are giving my team trouble.  That itself is an art, especially if you're going against a SNIPER sniper.  Let's see a suppport gunner take out a half-decent sniper w/cover before getting shot dead.  kinda hard.  I know.  I've tried it.

Snipers place a single bullet 200m downrange to eliminate a threat to their team.  When used in squad situations, this is infinately helpful.

And if I type anymore, I'm going to be rambling.

$.02
Most people here dont understand that or they state that we should all play medic. In the end you should keep doing what you just described and take satisfaction in the win of your team that you helped create.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
where's nyte?
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6723|Toronto, ON

leetkyle wrote:

where's nyte?
Right here.  I think I've exhausted all I have to say regarding this subject in the past.
Alpha as fuck.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6494|the Netherlands
when im in a squad that has armor /tanks /apc ... mostly i kill the AT guys and other snipers ... + medics reviving teammates
so yeah i do play sniper in team/squad ...like it to be a good asset for my squad

sometimes i like to go in a 2 man sniper team /squad and then lock the squad so no one else can join
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
KIT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TEAM PLAY!

No matter what kit you use you can choose to work with the team or on your own. Sniper kit is INCREDIBLY useful for guarding portions of the map from infantry. Medic/assault are assault classes, sniper/support are defence classes. Ofc they dont have to be used in that role but generally they do better as that.

Personally I use sniper to assault flags with my clan mates.

When will people learn that class literally means jack shit.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I play with a number of people who use the sniper kit often and quite frankly they are very good squadmembers, they can spot targets further away and help kill enemies as you surpress them. So yes snipers are effective teamplayers and squadmates.
floodgate
+2|6159
i play sniper more than any other kit

i allways join a squad an i usually get the highest kdr in the round

kills means less tickets for the other team

and who else is going to take out the enemy snipers?

one of the 20 medics jumping around with their shockers out?

i think not
Dr_3V|L
+51|6696|Twente, The Netherlands
There's a lot of not-knowhow going on around here.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6502

Dersmikner wrote:

1. I run like hell to the East Wall, dropping a claymore at the alleyway nearest the hill, and another on the outside run of the East Wall
I stopped reading right there. The claymore is for personal protection so you don't get knifed. What you do here is unacceptable and should be punished my castration.
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6498|So Cal
There is no "I" in TEAM, but there is a "ME"
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California
Are you joking me? Sniper isn't anything OTHER than a team kit. I usually take my beloved L96A1 for infantry (I used to HATE M95) but I now take the M95 to the Wake Airfield or Carrier and make sure NOT ONE jet or helicopter takes off. Every poor noob that tries to get in get a Fifty-cal. bullet to the head. I've pissed of SO many high-ranking jet whores because they can't get off the ground. Therefore, my team rules the skies. If I DO happen to miss one, (such as on a full 64 Wake wheres theres lots of chopper/jet whores) my team will just gun them down as they're taking off the runway because, again, we rules the skies thanks to me.

Flag Capping -

The ghilly suit that snipers where is GREAT for capping flags, atleast on Wake. At airfield, by the hill, RIGHT next to the building is some grass. Lay there with some claymores and I've had dozens of people run right past me. Works great at almost every flag on Wake really.
daltec
+0|6139|Springfield VA USA

xBlackPantherx wrote:

The ghilly suit that snipers where is GREAT for capping flags, atleast on Wake. At airfield, by the hill, RIGHT next to the building is some grass. Lay there with some claymores and I've had dozens of people run right past me. Works great at almost every flag on Wake really.
Hear hear. In the grass around North Village I have been practically invisible and have had people walk right by me. Or, at South Village, on the roof -- I am in the cap zone, but most people don't think to look up there. Even if they are on the hill, on the same level as me, they often just don't see me. I can not only cap the flag but can usually hold it for quite a long time. Even when a tank rolls up -- I am still in the cap zone, the flag does not drop, he knows I am there but cannot hit me with his tank. So, either I buy time for some help to arrive, or he has to dismount to find me, which will usually be his undoing. (Yes, I'll drop clays not to protect my perch on the roof or out of some quaint notion of sportsmanship, but to defend the flag by killing bad guys along the routes they are most likely to take.)

From that vantage I can also cover approaches to the flag from all angles, the North Village, the backside of the airfield flag, and everything going on in the lagoon. Spotting and shooting. As a player of moderate skill at best, and one new to the role of sniper, I am happy to make these contributions for my team.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Are you joking me? Sniper isn't anything OTHER than a team kit.
Sniper is very easy to not be a team player with. I like playing sniper, and do often play for the good of the team....but at times I'm just not in the mood, or not looking for a fast passed game so I just kinda hang out, get a few kills....not really helping the team.

Sniper can help the team a lot, but can just as easily hang out.

And yeah....M95 is way underrated.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6567

Rickard.Jarl- wrote:

but you would do better if medic/assault/AT
Bs
aj0405
+19|6131
did anyone else find it amusing that in the OP he just assumes you know he's playing Karkand?
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California

VicktorVauhn wrote:

And yeah....M95 is way underrated.
It has a crappy crosshair, but the ability to be able to shoot enemy J-10 whores out of jet/eject noobs out of your jet makes up greatly for the crosshair.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard