pazza86
+0|6232
Ok it seems as though the dreaded Battlefield curse has hit me again. I've just installed bf2142 and decided to give it a burl without formatiing it. It loaded fine but was very laggy even on low graphics settings. I then decided to update straight to patch 1.20 without any prior patching and was then presented about 40% into loading any map with a memory not being sane issue. At this point I decided at this point to update the nvidia drivers to the latest nvidia 93.71 version. Now whenever i click on the load map button it just crashes back to the desktop. I have since fully uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well as installing all of the patches in correct sequence right up to 1.20. I also rolled back my drivers to the version before the latest, but still i get nothing but a crash back to the desktop when i click load map. I have emailed EA support but am hoping someone here will be able to help.

since posting this ppl on other forums have suggested deleting the 2142 folder in the My Doc folder and this hasn't worked.  oh btw im running xp pro

cheers
Bernadictus
+1,055|6754

Hmm, this sounds like it has nothing to do with the game itself. Have you checked all your hardware? Is it all running smooth? Have you formated your computer lately?
pazza86
+0|6232
yeah all hardware is fine - pc hasn't been formatted for a few months, was hoping to fix the issue without formatting but if its not fixed by friday reformat seems to be the only way to go
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|NÃ¥rvei

Virus scan ?
PB update ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6270|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Could be punkbuster. Make sure its all up to date.
Sambuccashake
+126|6628|Sweden
Found this:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=65113

Seems to happen on Cerbere Landing mostly but this other topic seem to include other maps as well:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=65113

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard