elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6447|USA
Anyone... I run all low settings with high geometry at 1024x768

My setup is
3.06ghz Pentium 4|Asus P4G8X Deluxe|2x kingston 512 pc2100 ddr ram|Samsung 120 gb SATA drive|Leadtek NVIDIA 6600gt|Sound Blaster Audigy 2|Intergraph 19sd95 19" Monitor|350 watt FSP blue storm|ThermalTake Tsunami|Sennheiser HD485|Logitech G7|Saitek X52|Logitech elite

I was thinking that maybe one setting on low causes fps drop as in a memory leak but I don't know which one... any thoughts?
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6560|Up a tree
drivers???

I installed the latest NV drivers and dropped by over 100 fps, cleaned them out and re-installed them, and it done the trick... might work for you! might not!
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6215
try clearing out your bf2 cashe and reoptimize,,
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6447|USA
maybe you could explain how i clear out my bf2 cache? No idea what you're talking about.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6836|Reykjavík, Iceland.
My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\

delete the insides of the folders without deleting the folders themselves.

First loading will be long and painful but it will be smooth.
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6215
go to your,    C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache, delete whats inside but DON'T delete the folder
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6563|United States
It's your power supply. 350 watts is not enough power to run anything more than a computer only used for surfing the web. Your key components (video card, motherboard, processor) are being completely starved of power, thus, their output is minimal, and your computer is probably running around 30% of it's capacity. You need at least a 500W power supply for the computer parts you've mentioned... you should be getting well over 100fps with proper power.

Last edited by BeerzGod (2007-04-22 07:49:05)

norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6463

~{TPP}~richoxon wrote:

drivers???

I installed the latest NV drivers and dropped by over 100 fps, cleaned them out and re-installed them, and it done the trick... might work for you! might not!
and defrag
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6560|Up a tree
try running 3dmark 06 or aquamark 03, then you can see if its your system or your game settings !
SpInKsTaR
+0|6209
What does Geometry do???
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6560|Up a tree
Geometry
Controls LOD (Level Of Detail). The actual gameplay difference between the different choices is minimal, but with the setting on High the trees are more transparent and the sniper appears more clear.

copied from somewhere
']['error
Banned
+630|6637|The Netherlands

BeerzGod wrote:

It's your power supply. 350 watts is not enough power to run anything more than a computer only used for surfing the web. Your key components (video card, motherboard, processor) are being completely starved of power, thus, their output is minimal, and your computer is probably running around 30% of it's capacity. You need at least a 500W power supply for the computer parts you've mentioned... you should be getting well over 100fps with proper power.
thats bullshit, i've played with 300W psu (systems specs: p4 3.06 ghz, 2gb ram, 7900gt oc,  1 hd 160gb and dvd rader + dvd burner) without lag/low fps.
I bought an 500w psu  when I started to modify my computer case (with 2x blue neon, blue orb cpu cooler and v700 gpu cooler).
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6523

SpInKsTaR wrote:

What does Geometry do???
Lets you see objects/vehicles/people A LOT further, you want that on high. Now lighting on low may look like shit but if your doing a lot of infantry idd suggest you put it on low.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6759|Cambridge (UK)

davidonbf2 wrote:

go to your,    C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache, delete whats inside but DON'T delete the folder

PBAsydney wrote:

My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\

delete the insides of the folders without deleting the folders themselves.

First loading will be long and painful but it will be smooth.
You can just delete the cache\ folder itself - BF2 will recreate it when you next connect to a server...
Ryan
+1,230|6836|Alberta, Canada

Your computer isn't the greatest though.
Clearing the cache might not be the problem.

Upgrade your RAM to 2 gigs, and get a better video card.
That's only if you still can't get it working. Kind of a last resort.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6759|Cambridge (UK)
As Ryan says, it could well be lack of ram.

elite.mafia: is it allways 20fps? or does it only drop to 20fps at particular times - like in the middle of a firefight?
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6447|USA

BeerzGod wrote:

Nice try but you're wrong, this PSU has 28amps on the 12v rail so maybe you should research be4 you speak.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6447|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

As Ryan says, it could well be lack of ram.

elite.mafia: is it allways 20fps? or does it only drop to 20fps at particular times - like in the middle of a firefight?
always
I just formatted btw and its the same.
Ryan
+1,230|6836|Alberta, Canada

Try put everything on low, including geometry, and viewing distance, maybe even lower the resolution.

I know it would be crappy and look like an MS-DOS game, but just try it.
Microwave
_
+515|6648|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Because your computer isn't good enough, simple as.

You can't expect to get much more than that from a P4 with 1GB of pc2100 RAM and that video card.

The#1Spot
+105|6532|byah

elite.mafia wrote:

Anyone... I run all low settings with high geometry at 1024x768

My setup is
3.06ghz Pentium 4|Asus P4G8X Deluxe|2x kingston 512 pc2100 ddr ram|Samsung 120 gb SATA drive|Leadtek NVIDIA 6600gt|Sound Blaster Audigy 2|Intergraph 19sd95 19" Monitor|350 watt FSP blue storm|ThermalTake Tsunami|Sennheiser HD485|Logitech G7|Saitek X52|Logitech elite

I was thinking that maybe one setting on low causes fps drop as in a memory leak but I don't know which one... any thoughts?
Sorry to say but thats about right with 20fps. Your ram is old enough to see at a pawn shop and or thrift store. If you buy 2 gigs of pc3200 ram you may get double the frames you are getting now. The video card is ok but now days its a minimum requirement for the newer\up coming games. FYI just about anything that sticks out of your computer will have almost no effect on performance.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6447|USA
But the thing is I WAS getting good framerates like right when I formatted, then it turned to shit... Why is that?
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6447|USA
Deleting the cache didn't help :S
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

BeerzGod wrote:

What a load of shit. You know nothing of computers do you? Of course it's possible to run a system on 350w, loads of people do it. Hell, I have a similar system on 350w. That's not a particularily power hungry setup. Oh and to prove my point, put the numbers in here. I make out, including a few USB devices and fans, that his system should pull around 265W.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6647|Teesside, UK

~{TPP}~richoxon wrote:

drivers???

yeah. May seem crazy but in the past i had really bad stuttering gameplay caused by old sound drivers.  Update them as well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard