cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6259|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Live, by request (from Jameseyy anyway), a basic translation of some common, non-English Battlefield 2 phrases. This ought to help those people who would rather not use all English voices, and may help you (somehow).

I'll add some more as I remember and stuff. And if the stuff doesn't actually sound like what I typed, I put close approximations. Oh, and notice that there may not be many "Enemy (vehicle) spotted!" or PLA stuff. I admit, I'm a Karkand IO whore.

Middle Eastern Coalition
"Bajara kinultima atta!" = Enemy infantry spotted!
"Honor!" (or any variant of this containing the word) = Sniper!
"Shukran" = Thanks (McMinty for the spelling)
"Adhir al mousef!" = Someone needs some medicking!
"Sakhada hada vishien!" = Someone needs a medic, again (thanks to AWSMsniper)
"Imbalayuk!" = Move it!
"Haw-der" = Okay
"Leh, saieedee!" = No sir!
"Astej afectualaria una!" = Ammo, here! (It could be First Aid, I haven't played in a while)
"Son molestia alashnipov!" = The enemy has taken control, work harder soldiers!
"Goompoola!" = Frag out! (thanks to gene_pool)
"Bitsta-aki!" = Affirmative (said by MEC commander, thanks to aj0404)
"JIHAD" or "ALLAH AKBAR" = Run, bitch, your tank's about to be blown up! (thanks to Hurricane)

People's Liberation Army (forgive my bad Chinglish) Thanks to BL4CKL10N for the correct phonetic pronunciations.
"Kuai, kuai, kuai!" = Go go go!
"Shang che!" = Get in!
"Duo shie le!" = Thanks!
"Yi shen!" = Literally means "Doctor", a cry for a medic
"Wo dao xia lai le!" = Literally means "I'm nearly dead!", also a cry for a medic
Anything involving "jie-shing gay" = Hostile chopper spotted!
"No jian-qua" - No Sir (thanks to Jibbles)
"Mei men huo ban!" = No Sir (BL4CKL10N)
"Bu, zhang guan" = No Sir (Vub)
"Shing-jui" - Clear! (Jibbles, again)
"Tiao xia lai!" - Jump out! (I'm beginning to think Jibbles is a Wake Dragon Valley whore)
"Sah tah" (literally, "kill him") - Go, go, go (from teh k30dxedle)

Russian (Spetsnaz and Rebels)
Вражеский определенный резервуар - Enemy Tank Spotted (KILLSWITCH)

If anybody would like to post their additions, please do. I'll try to incorporate them into this one (with due credit, of course). And why don't we get some Russian into here to, eh?

Last edited by cowami (2007-04-22 08:10:25)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6198|Scotland!
yay +1
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6297|USA Biznatch!
Hmm a suggestion...Just find a webstie that translate languages. Just enter the english word and convert the word into the foreign language. Then you could have a lot more words on that list. But so far so good.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

sportsman11-2cool4u wrote:

Hmm a suggestion...Just find a webstie that translate languages. Just enter the english word and convert the word into the foreign language. Then you could have a lot more words on that list. But so far so good.
That doesn't really work, though, what with the grammatical differences and everything. Plus, it'd be easier to just listen, then translate. Meh, I dunno. Thanks for the feedback, though.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6591|Gold coast, Aus.
Oompagala goopula = frag out in mec.

All that is needed...
Axatar
+29|6431|France
I think it's more  "chokran" for thanks for the MEC
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6319|Iowa...
here's some more MEC.

Hahdur-Okay
La-sa-idi-No Sir
Asmowek-I read you
Es-bah-ami-Follow me
Bit-sta-aki-Affirmative

also,did anyone hear the MEC's "Enemy AA spotted?"
that's a mouthful.+1 to anyone who can write out that thing.

Last edited by aj0404 (2007-04-21 19:16:02)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Be on the lookout in the chat area for anything like "JIHAD" or "ALLAHU AKBAR". It may mean you're about to get blown up.
AWSMsniper
+3|6279
whats sakhada hada vishien???
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

AWSMsniper wrote:

whats sakhada hada vishien???
It's a variation on "Adhir al mousef!" which of course, means "I've been shot the fuck up, get me a medic!"
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6599|Mexifornia, USA
Chinese

"No jian-qua" - No Sir
"Shing-jui" - Clear!
"Zie-kai!" - Jump out!
"Ghan-diota" - Hit it

MEC

"Lakaveteka" You got it.

That's all I can think of, since I don't have BF2 on this computer. And is it just me, or when you're MEC and you spot a sniper, does it sound like he screams "Oh no!"?

Last edited by Jibbles (2007-04-21 20:17:40)

l41e
+677|6618

Chinese: "Sah tah" (literally, "kill him") - Go, go, go
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6599|Mexifornia, USA
Haha, I'm no Wake whore...

...My clan has a 24/7 Dragon Valley server
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6464|Sydney, Australia
No sir is "Bu, zhang guan" for PLA where 'zh' pronounced as a 'j'.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
There is one like:

In-fall-up de du motor, how-ez.
don't know the translation, just hear it all the time.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia
The english for the arabic thankyou ( شكراًَ)  is actually "shukran", with the r slightly rolled.

I suggest you check out http://wikitravel.org/en/Arabic and http://wikitravel.org/en/Chinese

Mcminty.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6519|EUtopia | Austria
Y'allah-allah-allah - Iraqi Anti-Tank in DCon: Let's move!

My favourite although it's not vanilla

Last edited by Stormscythe (2007-04-22 02:57:14)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia

Stormscythe wrote:

I'll check the spelling...
It's yalla!, and means come on!

When I was in morocco, our tour guide used it once for "lets go" and 3 times for "run - we're late". There was also a different saying for in the Medina when donkeys would come down the alley ways. Saying it once was a warning, twice was hurry up and move, while 3 times meant you were about to get hit.

Mcminty.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6519|EUtopia | Austria

mcminty wrote:

Stormscythe wrote:

I'll check the spelling...

When I was in morocco, our tour guide used it once for "lets go" and 3 times for "run - we're late". There was also a different saying for in the Medina when donkeys would come down the alley ways. Saying it once was a warning, twice was hurry up and move, while 3 times meant you were about to get hit.

Mcminty.
Of course the spelling is incorrect, but it's the way it sounds (to me at least).

But a funny anecdote anyway
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

Nice...although I use English VOIP only. I had the defaults for 3 rounds when I started this game and got sick of hearing MEC voices in my ear every second. If you ask me, its a disadvantage. But whatever.

You can get all the voices (and so, the phrases) from the common_client.zip

Last edited by Snake (2007-04-22 03:32:52)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6665|UK

Snake wrote:

Nice...although I use English VOIP only. I had the defaults for 3 rounds when I started this game and got sick of hearing MEC voices in my ear every second. If you ask me, its a disadvantage. But whatever.

So when an enemy throws a frag from behind you, you'll hear "frag out" and won't know if hes friend or foe, I'd take if off if I were you.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
Вражеский определенный резервуар - Enemy Tank Spotted (Russian)
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
BL4CKL10N
+66|6252
Lol very nice pronounciation, but as a  half - Chinese citizen I will now correct your sentences and add some things

"Quai, quai, quai!" = Go go go!    ------------>  快,快,快  ( kuai, kuai, kuai)
"Sheung cheh!" = Get in!  -------------> 上车 (shang che)
"Daw shieh lee-ah!" = Thanks! -------------> 多谢了 ( duo shie le)
"Yee-seung!" = Literally means "Doctor", a cry for a medic ----------------> 医生 ( yi shen )
"Ngaw jie jiao she law!" = Literally means "I'm nearly dead!", also a cry for a medic ----------> i think it should be like this:  我倒下来了! ( wo dao xia lai le )
Anything involving "jie-shing gay" = Hostile chopper spotted! -----> lol dunno what that means
"No jian-qua" - No Sir (thanks to Jibbles) -----> no they don't say it like this ( 没门伙伴 = mei men huo ban) 
"Shing-jui" - Clear! (Jibbles, again) ---- i have never been revived by a chinese so i cannot comment on this how it should be said
"Zie-kai!" - Jump out! (I'm beginning to think Jibbles is a Wake Dragon Valley whore) -----> no iot should be : (跳下来  ----> tiao xia lai)
"Sah tah" (literally, "kill him") - Go, go, go (from teh k30dxedle)  ----- right
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

Samtheman53 wrote:

Snake wrote:

So when an enemy throws a frag from behind you, you'll hear "frag out" and won't know if hes friend or foe, I'd take if off if I were you.
If an enemy is behind me, Id generally know by use of the radar and team icons. And I dont even get a "frag out" voice or team message. If I did, Id get so pissed off with this game since that would be all you hear.

And rather than look at messages on the side - you can hear and understand what is being said (without having to learn other languages). Its less distracting.
Its a personal preference that wont change for me. End of story.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

BL4CKL10N wrote:

Lol very nice pronounciation, but as a  half - Chinese citizen I will now correct your sentences and add some things

"Quai, quai, quai!" = Go go go!    ------------>  快,快,快  ( kuai, kuai, kuai)
"Sheung cheh!" = Get in!  -------------> 上车 (shang che)
"Daw shieh lee-ah!" = Thanks! -------------> 多谢了 ( duo shie le)
"Yee-seung!" = Literally means "Doctor", a cry for a medic ----------------> 医生 ( yi shen )
"Ngaw jie jiao she law!" = Literally means "I'm nearly dead!", also a cry for a medic ----------> i think it should be like this:  我倒下来了! ( wo dao xia lai le )
Anything involving "jie-shing gay" = Hostile chopper spotted! -----> lol dunno what that means
"No jian-qua" - No Sir (thanks to Jibbles) -----> no they don't say it like this ( 没门伙伴 = mei men huo ban) 
"Shing-jui" - Clear! (Jibbles, again) ---- i have never been revived by a chinese so i cannot comment on this how it should be said
"Zie-kai!" - Jump out! (I'm beginning to think Jibbles is a Wake Dragon Valley whore) -----> no iot should be : (跳下来  ----> tiao xia lai)
"Sah tah" (literally, "kill him") - Go, go, go (from teh k30dxedle)  ----- right
See, the Chinese citizen does have a slight advantage over the Chinese kid from New York. And since I was too lazy to put your name next to everything that was edited, you get your name in italicized text next to the PLA heading. Huzzah!

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Вражеский определенный резервуар - Enemy Tank Spotted (Russian)
Could you give me a basic phonetic pronunciation of that? It'd probably be better than just seeing Russian.

leetkyle wrote:

There is one like:

In-fall-up de du motor, how-ez.
don't know the translation, just hear it all the time.
I think it means "Requesting a medic," that is, when you're low on health and need a medpack, not when you need reviving.

Snake wrote:

I'd do that, but BF2 is on the other (better) computer, which I can't use for I've been cut off from BF2 for a while. Besides, its more fun to butcher these languages then have someone correct us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard