Bolt-action or Semi-auto.

Bolt-action73%73% - 155
Semi-auto26%26% - 57
Total: 212
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

genius_man16 wrote:

I think it all depends on what you are going for in terms of accuracy, if you don't care about missing 9 shots but hitting and killing with that last 1, then you would go for semi-auto

but if you are about taking the time to land headshot after headshot, then you'd prefer bolt-action

i prefer the bolt-action, but i will use the Type 88.  I hate the SVD with a passion
Same, can't quite put a name on why i don't like the SVD, no argument that it's effective in city maps, but i just don't like it. Feels "cheap" to me, to use it. I get more satisfaction out of a bolt action kill, than a semi auto. Plus, the SVD isn't even technically a sniper rifle, its like a squad support rifle or something.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6310
got bored recently and tried the SVD and i went 40-5 compared to 25-8 on bolt now that all i use
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6843|Waikato, Aotearoa
What type of snipers do i prefer?? The ones that are dead at my feet
link52787
+29|6521
M24
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6638|Montreal, Qc, Canada
L
A
DSRTurtle
+56|6685
Null Vote.

I prefer the dead sniper at my feet by my knife.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6368|Netherlands

Papatango7 wrote:

I would like a semi auto like the M-14 rifle I took basic training with it 43 yrs ago. I think Marines call it M-40  or M-49 used as back up by the spotter in a sniper team.
Wait a minute, why is there a 60 year old man creeping around this place? Suspicious...
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6829|Denver colorado
I like the Chinese auto sniper but I still have more respect for the bolt rifles.

Bolt.
hollabackitsobi
+1|6246
M24/M95/Type 88/SVD/L96A1 for me. M24 is just sex, it must be the most accurate since I get headshots all the time with it.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.
SVD.Owns.Your.Face.
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6418|Qatar: Where The Players Play
Semi. You can't squad bust at under 10m NEARLY as easily with a clunky old Bolt Action. It just takes too long, then again, I only ever specialized in the semi-automatic family...
David.P
Banned
+649|6273

genius_man16 wrote:

I think it all depends on what you are going for in terms of accuracy, if you don't care about missing 9 shots but hitting and killing with that last 1, then you would go for semi-auto

but if you are about taking the time to land headshot after headshot, then you'd prefer bolt-action

i prefer the bolt-action, but i will use the Type 88.  I hate the SVD with a passion
You finally get it! Hey all he finally he got it! Thank God Almighty they finally got it! I love Bolts for that sole reason!
maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6301
Back when I could hardly hit a tank with the rifle, i'd use one of the semi autos for practise.

Now, out of all sniper rifles, if the M24 is there, i'll use it. But if theres no M24 available, M95 all the way.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6655|Lancaster Ohio, USA
M-14 DMR. Oh wait, wrong game, still stuck in Project Reality. Um...probably the SVD, if I ever pick up a sniper rifle anymore, or the L96A1 for countersniper.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6556|Brisbane, Aus

patch 1.4 ruined my L96 accuracy, i use m24 when i can now

Last edited by Fenix14 (2007-04-20 18:47:26)

RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6714|US
L96A1
I prefer the longer range headshots.  The scope is the best and accuracy is amazing...although I haven't played in a while.

Countersniping weapon of choice.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2007-04-20 19:08:03)

David.P
Banned
+649|6273

bob_6012 wrote:

M-14 DMR. Oh wait, wrong game, still stuck in Project Reality. Um...probably the SVD, if I ever pick up a sniper rifle anymore, or the L96A1 for countersniper.
God i love that rifle. I wish we had a marksman kit in bf2.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic

David.Podedworny wrote:

bob_6012 wrote:

Me too, I wish they would have brought out the M-14 instead of the L96A1 because I believe the USMC needs a semi-auto rifle.
David.P
Banned
+649|6273

bob_6012 wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

bob_6012 wrote:

Me too, I wish they would have brought out the M-14 instead of the L96A1 because I believe the USMC needs a semi-auto rifle.
Damn right! But us bolt users would be left out in the cold. (I love my m24) Maybe if they split the kits like in PR then we could have bolts and semi's. (I feel like PR right now) I wisht hat they would hire the PR team to Make a BF2 sequel already.(Come on EA 2142 is shit and you know it!)
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
Yeah bring back my beloved M21 from BF:V and put the action on the right side this time. What the hell was up with the actions being on the wrong side?
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6549|EUtopia | Austria
Depends on the Situation. On foggy urban maps like Karkand, semi auto rifles got an advantage 'cause they are accurate enough for medium distances. On wake, e.g. sniper duels from the bay to the little island where the US artillery has been placed are usually won by bolt-action snipers. I, however, also win with the Type 88, but that's another story...
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England
If you want to hit your target 99% of the time, then Bolt action - 124th globally for sniper accuracy says it all.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Callum_212
+2|6313|Hastings-England
semi-auto SVD ftw
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
The only time I get gold medals sniping is with semi auto ones. Bolt actions take too long to fire.
Papatango7
+4|6224|Nashville, TN

TigerXtrm wrote:

Papatango7 wrote:

I would like a semi auto like the M-14 rifle I took basic training with it 43 yrs ago. I think Marines call it M-40  or M-49 used as back up by the spotter in a sniper team.
Wait a minute, why is there a 60 year old man creeping around this place? Suspicious...
Because my reflexs aren't fast enough to fight with you young guys. But I am 141 on the sniper list must do something right

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard