mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6729|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

fable 3, or 2 whatever its up to.
Fable 2 is coming out sometime later this year (or so the people at EB Games tell me)
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6487|Belgium
Starcraft 2, wow 2, Warcraft4 and diablo3
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6513|gulf of oman
BF3, loosely based on Project Reality Mod using CryEngine 2.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6583|United States
Hello Kitty: Bubblegum Girlfriends 2
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6401|USA, MICHIGAN
Battlefield 3, without all the poor fucked up coding that BF2 had at first / present.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6657|Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

I want Warcraft 4.  Wtf are you doing Blizzard? 

What about you?
QFT
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6667|Teesside, UK
Full throttle 2.  The game that lucasarts cancelled during production.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6588

B1GBUD wrote:

Battlezone 3 would be sweet
I played the original, a third would be awesome. I always liked the speedy US scout craft.

The russian rocket tanks were cool too. I think the alien crafts were called furies, not sure, but they were still cool.

Last edited by daffytag (2007-04-20 12:12:35)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

Flecco wrote:

STROGG IS NOT QUAKE, LOOKS MORE LIKE FUCKING DOOM THAN QUAKE. GIVE ME BACK MY FIRST FUCKING FPS FRANCHISE PLEASE.
Erroneous. Doom had demons and zombies. Quake 2 had aliens and 'assimilated' humans. Doom also rocked far more than Quake. "Fucking Doom" may only be used in the positive sense.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6722|Germany
I´m probably pretty alone with this around here, but Star Wars : Republic Commando 2 would be a nice thing.
The end of the first part was like crying for a sequel.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6469|The edge of sanity
Me wanty Starcraft 2 weve been waiting a good long while, also i want a good rise of nations sequel
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6678|NT, like Mick Dundee

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

STROGG IS NOT QUAKE, LOOKS MORE LIKE FUCKING DOOM THAN QUAKE. GIVE ME BACK MY FIRST FUCKING FPS FRANCHISE PLEASE.
Erroneous. Doom had demons and zombies. Quake 2 had aliens and 'assimilated' humans.THIS IS WHAT I MEAN? WTF? WHY DOES IT HAVE STROGG AND CRAP WHEN THE ORIGINAL SETTING WAS COOLER!!?!?!?!!? Doom also rocked far more than Quake. "Fucking Doom" may only be used in the positive sense.
Doom was set in an alien base on Mars... Quake wasn't. Cyber demons and stuff was all Doom esque and the Strogg would have fit in with Doom.

Look at Quake 4 and Doom 3... Very hard to tell them apart from an outsider's perspective. They could be the same game.

Oh, and the original Quake had better monsters than Doom. Far, far better. This is what I mean... Have you played Quake? Why couldn't Quake 2 follow on from Quake... .... Strogg will never be Quake to me.

Oh, and Trent Reznor did the soundtrack to Quake. Did I mention that?

Last edited by Flecco (2007-04-20 14:35:10)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6328|Newcastle UK
gta london but the whole of england.
tupla_s
+455|6605|Finland
XIII
I liked that game and it said "To be continued" at the end. Pretty annoying it never continued even when it said it will.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6487|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Codename panzers 3 with whole new engine

C&C Generals 3, with bigger maps with fully usable aircraft carriers and ships...WHICH you could actually order and build.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6668|Brisbane, Australia

CounterStrike, a CS using the Cysis engine would be sweet.
SteikeTa
+153|6760|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
I am waiting for Metal Gear... and I want a sequel to it. I hate waiting for my favorite games. New Zelda. Can't think of anything else right now!
The_Mac
+96|6238
C&C Generals 2 would be awesome, I'd get it. I also wouldn't mind an AoM2, but an AoE4 with an ancient setting would be pwn ass.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6437|Canuckistan
Freedom Fighters, or Max Payne 3.

Last edited by Archer (2007-04-20 18:51:06)

WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6265|Spacetime
A sequel to Axis and Allies RTS would be the best. A sequel for CoH and Bf2 would really be nice as well.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6773|San Antonio, Texas
Duke Nukem.
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
+25|6763|Maine, MA, and PJ concerts

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Duke Nukem.
Yea, a sequel to Duke Nukem would be cool.
As well as:

BF3
BF1942 x 2 with better engine/graphics  (maybe forgotten hope 2 will answer my prayer on this)
Lords of the Rhealm 4 (going back to ROTR 2 play)
Starcraft 2
Stronghold 3

Thats about it for now i guess.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6663|Keyboard
Minesweeper or solitaire
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6708|South Africa
Duke Nukem Forever... (? whatever happened to that)

As mentioned above, BF3 with the CryEngine 2.

Diablo 3.

Max Payne 3.

And a GTA inspired MMORPG (APB?)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6784|PNW

Flecco wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Erroneous. Doom had demons and zombies. Quake 2 had aliens and 'assimilated' humans.THIS IS WHAT I MEAN? WTF? WHY DOES IT HAVE STROGG AND CRAP WHEN THE ORIGINAL SETTING WAS COOLER!!?!?!?!!? Doom also rocked far more than Quake. "Fucking Doom" may only be used in the positive sense.
a) Doom was set in an alien base on Mars... Quake wasn't. Cyber demons and stuff was all Doom esque and the Strogg would have fit in with Doom.

b) Look at Quake 4 and Doom 3... Very hard to tell them apart from an outsider's perspective. They could be the same game.

c) Oh, and the original Quake had better monsters than Doom. Far, far better. This is what I mean... Have you played Quake? Why couldn't Quake 2 follow on from Quake... .... Strogg will never be Quake to me.

d) Oh, and Trent Reznor did the soundtrack to Quake. Did I mention that?
a) Incorrect. Doom was set in a human base on Phobos, then Deimos floating over Hell, then in Hell itself. Doom 2 spat you back on earth. Doom 3, on the other hand, was set on a human base/xeno-archaeological dig on Mars. Anyhow, cybernetic demons and cybernetic aliens clash within a single title. For example, would it make sense to put the Borg in a game with a demon that has a rocket launcher for an arm? It isn't even a cool mixture like dragons and steam-power, magical swords and muskets. Additionally, Doom did sport purely biological/mystical entities.

b) Correct. Doom 3 and Quake 4 look similar because they are based on the same engine, and as engines grow more advanced, it becomes more difficult to tweak them out for new releases. But I concede that to an outsider's perspective, there isn't too much artistic difference between cyborg demons and cyborg humans/aliens. But I take it that you're not viewing it from an outsider's perspective, despite some of your mistakes.

c) Don't lecture me about Quake. I followed that game before it was even released, and have probably wasted even more hours on it than you. Quake 2 didn't follow suit due to inter-office bickering at id. The guys who wanted to get away from the demon rut won out. You can't look at Quake and Quake 2 as related products. They probably should've called Quake 2 something else, but why do that when you have this whole franchise thing going, as well as a reputation for making some of the best shooters (of the time)? You see, it's all about marketing.

d) Of course, but Bobby Prince did the soundtrack to Doom. If you're any kind of a vintage PC gamer, you'd already know that.

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/dopefish.jpg

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-21 18:48:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard