Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6558|EUtopia | Austria
I really wonder why noone has asked yet - but: What would you consider skilled?
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6378

usmarine2005 wrote:

gCASEy200 wrote:

your an idiot.
You're.  Idiot.
USMARINE2005 you forgot to say a EX.bf2 player you haxxed to nr.1 that means HW ban bye ^^
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6773|Dallas

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

gCASEy200 wrote:

your an idiot.
You're.  Idiot.
USMARINE2005 you forgot to say a EX.bf2 player you haxxed to nr.1 that means HW ban bye ^^
WTF kind of language are you speaking?
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6397|USA, MICHIGAN

blademaster wrote:

1.)According to your sources or experience serving in army, which infantry would dominate the rest?
2.)What makes any military units so skilled, toughness, skills, intelligence or something else?
3.) if  WW3 broke out, and you were drafted to go war, would you give your life for your country or run like a bitch?
4.) If you were forced to serve in military would you still serve?

5.)If you were to rebel against going to the army and your only chance to stay alive was to get tortured? would you still go to the war, and be exposed to some horrific stuff which would make you mentally unstable for the rest of your life.
1) UNITED STATED MARINE CORPS  (duh)
2) Training and equipment
3) I would fight, yes i would die for this Great Nation
4)Sure
5)Wouldn't have to be tortured, i'd go willingly
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6711
Seems to me Europoean armies are taught on using their own initiative to get the work done. To asses the situation and think of the best way forward.

American troops tend to be trained with situations and the right procedure not to rely on instinct.

Not saying either way is right or wrong. Just different. Both ways get the job done.

Though trust the british guys when they complain about poor funding. The UK army on March 22, 2006 spent just 2.2% of its GDP on defence, the lowest since 1930

www.conservativehome.blogs.com/torydiar … briti.html

And who the hell said we'd been idleing????
Kosovo and other Balkan countries peacekeeping with 10,000 troops sent.
Northern Ireland since 1969 - AUGUST 2007!!! Constantly under fire between 1969 - 1977
Persian Gulf
Afganistan
FALKLANDS!!!
Cyprus
Gibraltar
Sierra leone
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6698|Fort Lewis WA

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Seems to me Europoean armies are taught on using their own initiative to get the work done. To asses the situation and think of the best way forward.

American troops tend to be trained with situations and the right procedure not to rely on instinct.

Not saying either way is right or wrong. Just different. Both ways get the job done.
You're High.
American Troops are constantly told to "Adapt and Overcome"
To think outside the box.  Situations like "React to Contact","React to Ambush","React to Incomming"
Are not built in stone rules.  They are used to teach individual soldiers what they should do. React to Contact, Seek cover and lay down suppressing fire, while a team/squad bounds.  React to ambush if its within 35 meters, lob grenades and rush, Outside of 35 meters, seek cover and escape the kill zone, try and bound with the trail end of the element.

Those are some drills the Infantry learns and learns and re-learns as a basic conditioning so each individual peon can react in the situation.  But that doesn't make the leaders idiotic, It makes the troops better.

For the most part though, Small group leaders take what the army teaches and changes it as the mission, or situation dictates.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
id say 99% percent of the people who answered this could claim their experience from video games and movies
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6785|UK

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

id say 99% percent of the people who answered this could claim their experience from video games and movies
lmfao too true!!
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6397|USA, MICHIGAN

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sad but true.  makes me actually think how many ppl here have been in the military.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
a few of the more skilled...
https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/apache33d/Picture380-1.jpg

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-16 12:25:33)

The_Mac
+96|6234

Rellim83 wrote:

I would join China, only because their will be 3 million other soldiers to get in the way of the bullets b4 they get to me.
The Chinese lost 1 million men in Korea. That was a war that lasted 3 years.

LostFate wrote:

Well i would say personally that all european armies are better trained than the USMC
BS, the USMC is one of the finest fighting outfits in the world. They're equipment is not that of the Army (They are a sub branch of the navy) but they put up a damned fight. I doubt the European armies could equal it.

Last edited by The_Mac (2007-04-16 19:44:18)

The_Mac
+96|6234

Cougar wrote:

Thats why a war with Iran does not worry me, they're mostly conscripts.
Very true, however, there is a difference between Militia and conscript. Examples are the Swiss and the Isrealis.
77th|JonesMR
+2|6271

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

a few of the more skilled...
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/ … e380-1.jpg
You got that right.  Those guys put a serious dent into insurgent activities during their tour.  HOOAH!
*=SAS=*Fearosius
+5|6311|Australia
Yeh, the Australian Government spends the most money Per Solider compared to other country, thats why we are the best
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6577|Mountains of NC

1.)According to your sources or experience serving in army, which infantry would dominate the rest?
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j196/bigsal518/USMCflag.gif
2.)What makes any military units so skilled, toughness, skills, intelligence or something else?
time they spend perfecting their job, 13 weeks of BASIC bootcamp, we are given handme downs and turn it into a working machine, marines enuff said
3.) if  WW3 broke out, and you were drafted to go war, would you give your life for your country or run like a bitch?
I was prepared to lay my life down while I was in and I would do it again
they wouldn't have to force me, all they need is to just call me

5.)If you were to rebel against going to the army and your only chance to stay alive was to get tortured? would you still go to the war, and be exposed to some horrific stuff which would make you mentally unstable for the rest of your life.
I might grumble going in the army but I would be as proud to lace up a pair of army boots as I would my marine corps boots
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
What we basing skill on?

Amount of money spent on weapons/equipment?

My uncle was in the SAS ,my mum's boyfriend was in the Royal Marines, from what they have told me from their experiances the British are the best infantry, probably biased.

I don't know what exactly a conscript is, is it like a company and not an offical army? If so thats what my uncle does now, and if he was in the SAS for 5 years then returned to his regiment for however many years not all conscripts can be bad.

Besides he says it's better money.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6242|Albion

UK royal marines have the longest basic training period of any fighting force in the world.

USMC training is 13 weeks? try 32 weeks, longer for officers. they are light infantry equipped and trained to the highest calibre. USMC is line infantry, royal marines are commando's.

that said they are only 3000 of them, they don't have tanks or artillery beyond what the army loans them. so combined arms wise the USMC kicks them up and down the battlefield, man for man however they are better. that said Force recon could well be their equal.

training, moral, leadership, equipment. probably in that order

i would not give my life for my country, but that is not a requisite of military service. i would serve, and if i got shot that would be bad but it would be different from giving my life.

thats what a draft is.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6698|Fort Lewis WA

jord wrote:

What we basing skill on?

Amount of money spent on weapons/equipment?

My uncle was in the SAS ,my mum's boyfriend was in the Royal Marines, from what they have told me from their experiances the British are the best infantry, probably biased.

I don't know what exactly a conscript is, is it like a company and not an offical army? If so thats what my uncle does now, and if he was in the SAS for 5 years then returned to his regiment for however many years not all conscripts can be bad.

Besides he says it's better money.
Conscription is something like this:

At 18 years of age it IS mandatory for you to enlist in the military, and serve out a 2 year term at a minimum.

The length varies, but essentially its the same "Mandatory Military Service"
UK is an all Volunteer Military just Like the U.S.

Isreal uses Conscripts, as does Russia, Iran, S. Korea,China,N. Korea.  (I think China uses Conscription.. I dunno im a bit stupid when it comes to china)
Oscar590
The Canadian
+3|6230|Richmond, BC, Canada
I would say the British Army
BVC
+325|6704
The question may as well have asked everyone what country they're from.

Edit *reads the above post*....mostly

Last edited by Pubic (2007-04-17 17:38:10)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Cougar wrote:

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

You're.  Idiot.
WTF kind of language are you speaking?
Ya....what?
SoC./Omega
+122|6550|Omaha, Nebraska!

blademaster wrote:

1. (if by infantry you mean whole army) I would say the US infantry and Chinese (they have alot of numbers, lol)
2. Training, exercise, combat training, all that minor stuff.
3. I WOULD give my life for the country, and there still is a chance of making it out OK also.
4. If I had to serve in the military I would stay in atleast 8-10 years.
OxiDeOwns
+15|6229|Sydney, Australia
US Marines are crap. Iran/British Royal Marines are probably the most skilled infantry, however when it comes to special forces units the Australian SASR are the most skilled.

Last edited by OxiDeOwns (2007-04-18 01:58:52)

The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6754|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

stryyker wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

I would say the British Infantry (I know I'm biased), but for what they do with the lack of funding and equipment is fantastic and for just scare the shit out of your enemy its got to be the Gurkha's, not many things scared the Japanese in WW2 but the Gurkha's were one of them that did, I just really glad that the my government has finally given them full pensions.
Lack of combat experience, to be honest. I mean the RM and the SAS did a smash up job during Desert Storm, but they have been kinda idling over the past decade.
List of operational postings after OP Granby (Iraqi 1)
Bosnia
Kosovo
Ireland
Sierra Leone
Iraq Op Telic
Afganistan
Kuwait
Cyprus
Falklands

Just a few old boy. All the above bar Falklands, Cyprus & Kuwait the British have been in combat sistuations in the past 10 years. So not really ideling old chap.
Now to the questions
1) man for man l'd have to go with most of the infantry regiments of the British Army.
2) Kit, training, experience, the ability to adapt, good support, good intelligence, good leadership, aggresion and the ability to make a damn good cup of tea no matter what the enviroment or situation!
3) I would go back to the Grenadier Guards
4) As above
5) I was proud to serve and if l was asked to return to the colours l would do so.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6559|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Three letters S.A.S

https://www.worldwide-military.com/Special%20Forces/Special%20Forces%20plaatjes/SAS_1.jpg
https://www.worldwide-military.com/Special%20Forces/Special%20Forces%20plaatjes/SAS_6.jpg
https://www.worldwide-military.com/Special%20Forces/Special%20Forces%20plaatjes/SAS_5.jpg
https://www.worldwide-military.com/Special%20Forces/Special%20Forces%20plaatjes/SAS_4.jpg
https://www.worldwide-military.com/Special%20Forces/Special%20Forces%20plaatjes/SAS_2.jpg
https://www.worldwide-military.com/Special%20Forces/Special%20Forces%20plaatjes/SAS_3.jpg

And before you say it, they're ground pounding in Afghanistan at the mo' so yes they're infantry.  One one on one they beat any other soldier in the majority of cases IMO.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard