Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6698|Alaska

DivineMomentofTruth wrote:

damn why dont you cock loving snipers just stfu already or accept a challenge to settle this point once and for all. I suggest a 3v3 with myself, marinejuana, and RiceKrispie on the medic team vs.  Jemme, ssonrats, and another assgoblin sniper of their choice to represent that shitty class. Deal or no deal?
Its like Medic Vs Sniper all over again
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6456|A W S M F O X

Dsp-CS- wrote:

damn why dont you cock loving snipers just stfu already or accept a challenge to settle this point once and for all. I suggest a 3v3 with myself, marinejuana, and RiceKrispie on the medic team vs.  Jemme, ssonrats, and another assgoblin sniper of their choice to represent that shitty class. Deal or no deal?
"like"!?!?!?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639
Useful kits - Medic, Support, Engy, AT
Useless kits - Assault, Sniper
Spec Ops only good for blowing assets

That's just how it is. Accept it.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6635|can

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Useful kits - Medic,Spec Ops, Assault, Engy, AT
Useless kits - Support, Sniper

Edited
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639

TrashBlinD wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Edited
The endless supply of nades a support player has makes him a very deadly nade spammer regardless of whether you think it's cheap or not.
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Edited
The endless supply of nades a support player has makes him a very deadly nade spammer regardless of whether you think it's cheap or not.
Killing the enemy with any weapon reduces opponents tickets, thus all classes help the team. Dying reduces your teams tickets, snipers who kill 15 people and don't die help the team more than a support who kills 25 and dies 15 times.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6456|A W S M F O X
Gawd, not another "Whats useful and what isnt" argument.

The only useful thing to some of you would be a vicious beating to the kidneys.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6578|Seattle

TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6587|Las Vegas, NV USA

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Naw.  Probably not.

Even that argument will devolve into a beating to the liver would be better...

or

A beating to the spleen would be better...

or

A collapsed lung would be better...

or

I can perform the nigh-unstoppable "Touch of Death" over ALL of your noob asses!

or

Something like that...
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6320

I spend most my time in a tank when I can, and I usually am a squad leader and have guys spawn off me in the tank and get out to cap flags while I defend em. I defend our team from enemy tanks/apcs/linebackers etc etc. And ALWAYS rush back to a flag getting neutrlized and retake it with my tank. Thats how I 'roll' hahaaahha...ha...(pun intended)
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
RiceKrispie
+27|6380|Ottawa, ON

Marinejuana wrote:

now they'll stop posting

looks like we won the thread

For the record, I do not think snipers are useless, just that there is really no fair balance between medic vs any other kit when it comes to filling up a team. Assuming IO, I would order the kits like this:

Medic > Assault > Sniper > Support > Spec Ops > AT > Engineer

It is easier to be a useful medic than a useful sniper, but a skilled sniper is far from useless.

TrueArchon wrote:

A collapsed lung would be better...
eh... take my word for, you do not want a collapsed lung.

Last edited by RiceKrispie (2007-04-17 13:17:00)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
Don't play bf2 anymore, but i played all kits fairly evenly, across most maps, and from my experience any kit can be just as useless as anyother, a lot of it is simply circumstance and skill. Like the above poster correctly said, it's far easier to be a useful medic, but a skilled sniper is far from useless. Sure, snipers cant earn any class specific points, heals, resupply etc, but they remain valuable.

I cant count the times ive been a Tanker, pinned down by some hidden rocketer on a roof somewhere, then i hear the rifle crack, and the threats eliminated, by a friendly sniper. I cant count the amount of times ive been that friendly sniper either, and taken out numerous hostiles in a pinned down squads path, or been the one to spot the incoming helo, to give my team chance to find cover.

Don't think purely because snipers don't get so many teampoints, means they arn't contributing to the team.

Sure, ive seen plenty of snipers sit on a rooftop all game, getting maybe 5 kills, and 3x that in deaths, and yes, they are useless. Flip side though, ive also seen plenty of medics rushing headfirst into the nade spam, without backup, to die time and time again, costing the team tickets.

Any class can be useful, it depends solely on the player utilising the kit.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6493|Valley of the Dragons

RiceKrispie wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

now they'll stop posting
I would like to accept the challenge but I got intimidated on page 6 by Marinejuana's brilliant posting
dont_be_ss
+312|6586|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

How about you 1 v 1 me on wake, LOL

I'll pay you if you kill me more times than i kill you.
C0vert_F0x|1.
+5|6346
hahahaha we alrdy know whos won sniper team without a doubt....they will kik u medic whores arse i will observe and laugh at ur perthetic attepmts trying to kill them LOLOLOLOLOL
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
I save my teammates from dying by blowing the enemy up in my jet. So, very.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6493|Valley of the Dragons

dont_be_ss wrote:

Lol, dont waste your time on him. He is nothing m8. I wouldnt even piss in his mouth if he was dying of thirst.

Last edited by Jemme101 (2007-04-18 01:16:52)

shadowkila
+26|6403|Canada
I always grab my j-10 and rape the carrier all round long!
ScoutStrike
+37|6246

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Nothing to add.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6735|London

Dsp-CS- wrote:

lol, that was fun, we should do that again. (of course medics will win again but still...)

dont_be_ss wrote:

Weren't you the one I shock paddled on that medic vs. sniper thing?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6381|USA, MICHIGAN
i love squad play, it makes the game that much more fun, but its hard to get a squad to play together.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6664

Nyte wrote:

I for one pretty much AM the team when I play.
I hear yea, I admit, I am a karkand whore.  However it seems I am the only one not duking it out at hotel, I am always trying to get past those lines and cap flags.

Sometimes I get a group with me to help, however the majority of the time everyone just stays near hotel.

How boring is that?
OxiDeOwns
+15|6213|Sydney, Australia
I tk alot :\
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6731|Great Wall
Lately I don't care about my team much.. I play 2-3 rounds then a few days break.. I don't really bother as I'm not in a clan and don't play matches anymore.. Sniper kit is my choice these days and I don't need anyone to help me. With results 40-50 kills and 3-5 deaths I help to my team, but honestly I do it rather for my own satisfaction than for my team.. Yes I know.. I'm selfish bastard

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2007-04-17 15:52:18)

DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6434
dont_be_ss and Jemme, I eat cunts like you for breakfast.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard