m4s3rchi3f
+122|6283
my gf is great. She says that if I cheat on her, it can only be with a hot girl. She wouldn't forgive me if I cheat on her with some ugly chick. She also doesn't mind if I look at other girls. Who would want to give up a girl like that?
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6647|South West England

thareaper254 wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Some guy was in a long distance relationship once, found out it was his sister. True story, it was on the news lol. In Australia.

They do work, just.. not very often.
Reminds me of this

rofl

Must say, to find that out... fucked up O_o

Personaly i think Long Distance relationships can work or have a high'er' success rate if it started off in close proximity THEN became distant
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6401|Michigan, USA

XanKrieger wrote:

Personaly i think Long Distance relationships can work or have a high'er' success rate if it started off in close proximity THEN became distant
After being quite close with my girlfriend for the past two months, when school is over (April 26 - why so early? college) our relationship will unfortunately be taking a hit and either we'll part as friends or attempt to continue it as a long distance relationship.  Either way, your sentence gave me a lovely spark of hope.  And as I was typing this she called me   I must go now, and be with her (also listening to Something Corporate - Konstantine) so I'm kinda just needing her to have in my arms.  Wow, this is an interesting post.  Anyways, Good Luck to OP with his long distance relationship, hope you do what's right in your heart!  And +1 to XanKrieger for his spark of hope.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6647|South West England

commandochristian wrote:

XanKrieger wrote:

After being quite close with my girlfriend for the past two months, when school is over (April 26 - why so early? college) our relationship will unfortunately be taking a hit and either we'll part as friends or attempt to continue it as a long distance relationship.  Either way, your sentence gave me a lovely spark of hope.  And as I was typing this she called me   I must go now, and be with her (also listening to Something Corporate - Konstantine) so I'm kinda just needing her to have in my arms.  Wow, this is an interesting post.  Anyways, Good Luck to OP with his long distance relationship, hope you do what's right in your heart!  And +1 to XanKrieger for his spark of hope.
No Problems Good Luck yourself matey
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6710|oregon
jesus christ, this is like one of those support group things. I'm not going to comment on the long distance relationships because everything i say would be negative, but hell, if she will forgive you for being with a hot chick if it was just one night out or whatever, then go for it, tell her that you are just keeping yourskills up and making sure everything still works for her.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6608
I would say it could work, because you're both in same country. Like same culture, same language and all. Unlike relationships over the countries. Then you got different language, and all is different.

*cough cough*

E: I would say closer distance relationships are better.

Last edited by Hacial (2007-04-15 01:10:33)

4thHazard
+5|6237|Australia [Sydney NSW]
Its possible that it can be worked out, But you never know she may find a guy later this year and well you just lost it, Just go out Jump in the bed with a hot chick and Make lovely sounds.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6752

I've been in one, but it was mostly a physical one so I can't say much for that. It wasn't that hard, considering it wasn't really even a 'long distance relationship' for the emotional side. Heh.
RECONDO67
+60|6625|miami FL
My friend u made it this lon. and it's only a couple of months away to be with her again just be patient and you'll forget about this hard.

Soon you'll be screwing her brains out and never remenber u posted this on bf2s
Coolbeano
+378|6752

Until I necro it 2 months later asking how well she fucks.

*remember kids, you can't fuck good, it's not an adverb*
ReDevilJR
+106|6340
Fuckbuddy.
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6283
so many hormone driven people in here...sex isn't everything.
Coolbeano
+378|6752

ReDevilJR wrote:

Fuckbuddy.
That's pretty much all my long-distance relationship was, so other than that I don't know.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6256|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

True, but then nothing is everything, because people only want what they don't have. (you wouldn't want something you'd already go would you?).
So if people in here were actually having sex (not with each other) then they'd probably be talking about how to get more money, or get their parents to let them play more BF2 and quit the phrase "You'll get square eyes", or the meaning of life or something.

Personally, I play as much BF2 as I need, and whilst i'm not rich; I do have enough money for the time being. I am however recently single so want as much poon-tang as possible.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6483|Sydney, Australia
Firstly, let me apologise for the length of this post.

It seems to me, m4s3rchi3f (how do you even remember that?), that both your girlfriend and you are very much in love, and that you are very eager to keep up the relationship. Let me congratulate you on your decision to save yourself for marriage, and your insight that sex is not everything there is about a relationship, a virtue very rarely seen nowadays.

If you are willing to keep up the relationship, then don't think along the lines of "we should probably split because I don't want her to have a long distance boyfriend as it would be too harsh on her". Not only is such thinking the first step towards surrendering such a relationship, but wouldn't it be even tougher for her, with no one in whom to confide, all that distance away, to be without one?

You don't need to ask anyone else whether a long distance relationship will work, because it is up to no one else, and is certainly not up to emperical evidence, whether or not YOUR long term relationship will work. You (and your girlfriend) are the only ones who can affect whether or not the relationship will work.

My thoughts are that one of two things can happen with distance and relationships.

1. If the original feelings weren't very deep or honest, then the distance means that affection for each other decreases as you meet more people. This is the main reason behind failed long distance relationships.

2. We cherish what we don't have. If the love is honest, then since you don't have her, and she you, then I'm sure the affection you have for each other would be greatly intensified by the distance between you.

So you see, it's all up to you.

Best of luck, and same to commandochristian.

Last edited by Vub (2007-04-16 05:13:18)

commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6401|Michigan, USA

Vub wrote:

Firstly, let me apologise for the length of this post.

It seems to me, m4s3rchi3f (how do you even remember that?), that both your girlfriend and you are very much in love, and that you are very eager to keep up the relationship. Let me congratulate you on your decision to save yourself for marriage, and your insight that sex is not everything there is about a relationship, a virtue very rarely seen nowadays.

If you are willing to keep up the relationship, then don't think along the lines of "we should probably split because I don't want her to have a long distance boyfriend as it would be too harsh on her". Not only is such thinking the first step towards surrendering such a relationship, but wouldn't it be even tougher for her, with no one in whom to confide, all that distance away, to be without one?

You don't need to ask anyone else whether a long distance relationship will work, because it is up to no one else, and is certainly not up to emperical evidence, whether or not YOUR long term relationship will work. You (and your girlfriend) are the only ones who can affect whether or not the relationship will work.

My thoughts are that one of two things can happen with distance and relationships.

1. If the original feelings weren't very deep or honest, then the distance means that affection for each other decreases as you meet more people. This is the main reason behind failed long distance relationships.

2. We cherish what we don't have. If the love is honest, then since you don't have her, and she you, then I'm sure the affection you have for each other would be greatly intensified by the distance between you.

So you see, it's all up to you.

Best of luck, and same to commandochristian.
What you said makes sense, and I agree with you.  If my relationship goes towards the latter possibility of distance = intensified affection (which I hope it does), then it's going to be one hell of a increase in affection, as we'll be in the same state, but sadly still an 8-9 hour drive away from each other (or I could drive 2 hours to a bigger airport, fly 1 hour, and drive 1-2 hours, but I can't rent a car :S).  Thank you for your post! +1
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6531|Texas - Bigger than France

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

I'm currently in a long distance relationship. We've been together for 2 years but circumstances caused us to split at least for a couple of years. Now we're states apart (USA). I love her and really think we're gonna get married one day...but long distance isn't really a relationship at all. The proximity and daily interactions are what makes a relationship alive. I want the best for her and don't want her to go through having a bf hundreds of miles away.
Do long distance relationships really work? Is it manageable? I just want the best for both of us...
What's your experience so I can have a better idea?

Btw, I'm 21 and in college...
First, I'm not trying to be snarky, but:
Long distance relationships don't work unless those involved are pretty much lonely in the first place and don't interact much with others.

Also, in anticipation of another possible question - every single person I know who moved to their partner's city, whether they lived with them or not, has failed.  I believe that the person who relocates becomes socially dependent on the other person, because after all, they don't have very many friends in the new city.  It puts quite a bit of strain on the relationship.

However, with all that said, it can't hurt to try.  If it doesn't work out...you can ask someone else out...the pain is temporary...
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6550|Southampton, UK

Dump her or go and bang the bitch.
My 2c
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6533|Sverige (SWE)

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

but it´s fun...................
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6627|Montreal, Qc, Canada
well distance relationship are hard.... if shes a hot chick be sure lots of guys will be on her out there... but as you are together for 2 years i think you can thrust her and if she rly loves you she will not do stuff with any guy out there....

but usually long distance relationship dont work... but sometimes it does when it true love...

i wish you the best !
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6639|Keyboard

m4s3rchi3f wrote:

When you´ll be 40 and your penis gets floppy you will regret all the time that you were waiting without any action. So that´s why you have to (yes you have to because it is a physiological thing to do) use your sexiness. Girl want to be fucked you know? If you are a monk that´s ok, but girls need attention (not only to hear them, talk to them) but also physiological attention. But it´s your life, you can do whatever you want with it. Cheers and good luck.
m4s3rchi3f
+122|6283
ah ah, such wise advice from all, especially from Vub. Thanks to all who posted. Means much that there are some mature people in this forum and not just inexperienced kids rampaging around.

and Hell Yes its hard to resist having sex. It's so available out there, the world is practically throwing its pussy at you, but you gotta remain true to your own values and morals.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6479|Menlo Park, CA
long distance never works. . . .accept that, and move on.

Your only 21, there are plenty of "fish in the sea"

I know it sucks, but your in the prime of your life, chances are it wont last anyway, college relationships never do usually.

Just break it off nicely, grieve for a while, and start going out and meeting new people

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard