acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6710|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Masques wrote:

Efficient public transportation FTW!
yeah, good luck finding that in SoCal.  Or pretty much anywhere in the US outside Chicago, NY, or SF.
Seriously. The public bus that's supposed to come by where I live everyday is always late or never shows.

As for the topic, I was riding my bike to Target about an hour ago, and the prices of the 76 and Arco just off the freeway were insane. They were both over $3.65 for Regular Unleaded, when the Arco and Citgo over by my school is only about $3.25.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6535|Montucky

heavy_chevy wrote:

lol...filling my 2500hd is like getting raped with a cheese grater. In the butt.
QFT.  my 2500HD has the lovely 8.1L or 496 Cu Inch.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6769
Good would love to see the us get close to what we pay here.
acEofspadEs6313

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

One thing I hate is how over here in the US they say "The national average for a gallon of gas is $2.60."

Ok, if we over here in Southern California are paying OVER $3.00 for gas, which lucky bastards in the nation are paying less that $2.00?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6645|IRELAND

Bah, no were near what we pay. The more expensive it gets the better. Your vehicles are offensive.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6739|Eastern PA

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

One thing I hate is how over here in the US they say "The national average for a gallon of gas is $2.60."

Ok, if we over here in Southern California are paying OVER $3.00 for gas, which lucky bastards in the nation are paying less that $2.00?
Looks like it's only on the western part of the US (California seems to be worse than all the other states, but Oregon, Washington, and Nevada aren't much better).

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx
Skorpy-chan
+127|6362|Twyford, UK
Of course, if everyone were to switch to ethanol, things would be cheaper. Oil has to be extracted, sugarcane grows like a weed.
acEofspadEs6313

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Of course, if everyone were to switch to ethanol, things would be cheaper. Oil has to be extracted, sugarcane grows like a weed.
I thought they used corn instead of sugarcane for ethanol.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6672|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Yeah ATG I feel your pain. Gas prices aren't that high here in Ohio, 2.75 last time I looked a few days ago. Too bad I've got an '85 Dodge Ram with a 5.2L V8 with only a 3 speed auto transmission, lucky to get 15 mpg on the highway, in town it's much worse. I just wish fuel prices would just stabilize and not be so high, it's tripled in 5 years and I hate to think about what it will be like in another 5 years. Sigh, stupid oil.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I thought they used corn instead of sugarcane for ethanol.
They do use corn for ethanol, that's why the price of corn is so good.
acEofspadEs6313

bob_6012 wrote:

Yeah ATG I feel your pain. Gas prices aren't that high here in Ohio, 2.75 last time I looked a few days ago. Too bad I've got an '85 Dodge Ram with a 5.2L V8 with only a 3 speed auto transmission, lucky to get 15 mpg on the highway, in town it's much worse. I just wish fuel prices would just stabilize and not be so high, it's tripled in 5 years and I hate to think about what it will be like in another 5 years. Sigh, stupid oil.
It's only going to get worse as summer comes along.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
That's what I'm afraid of ace, and I'm too poor to buy a new fuel-efficient vehicle.
acEofspadEs6313
Hell, I'm only 18 and don't even have a car yet. Watching the prices constantly go up makes me want to not even get one. -.-
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6797|Great Brown North

David.Podedworny wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

you think you can do it with only 6 people (including yourself)
Hey if 300 spartans could stand against 1 million persians why cant 6 of us stand against 10,000 iranians?
im going to assume you're just bullshitting here, otherwise... yeah

anyway, gas prices are nuts here too, wonder how long before the oil sands in alberta will get into full swing? think it will help with the prices at all?

Last edited by krazed (2007-04-10 16:18:06)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6497|Somewhere else

Being in the midwest in the U.S.A. where corn fields are as far as the eye can see and the mind can dread, Ethanol plants are sprouting like weeds around here.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6667|Keyboard

David.Podedworny wrote:

See this is why i want to Take Out the fuckers. But noone will ever listen to me just because i'm the crazy white guy with Paranoid Schizophrenia, That act's black, And has an anger problem people will not listen to me. If they gave me a g36e and a squad of 5 highly trained individuals that motherfucker ahdminajad would be fucken dead!
Clear example of a Rambo/Terminator/Chuck Norris fed up boy. I can assure you that with a squad of 6 you couldnĀ“t even take out your state governor.
Smitty5613
+46|6544|Middle of nowhere, California

UGADawgs wrote:

Holy crap, that's expensive. Is that current? Also, why is diesel cheaper than regular? Here it's between premium and ultra.
deisel is easier to refine so it doesn't cost as much wherever you are..... here in cali it costs about the same as premium
Malfera
+3|6539
Gas prices ALWAYS go up this time of year and people bitch, moan  and lay blame as usual... The refineries stop production to change the mixture to what they call the "summer blend". That's to please all the environmentalist wackos out there. This is nothing new, yet the debate goes on and somehow it's always Bush's fault. It's the basic economic principle of supply and demand and not some bullshit conspiracy theory that involves the Middle East.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6546|Global Command

JahManRed wrote:

Bah, no were near what we pay. The more expensive it gets the better. Your vehicles are offensive.
You've obviously never seen a 1995 Ford GTO.
Smitty5613
+46|6544|Middle of nowhere, California

Yaocelotl wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

See this is why i want to Take Out the fuckers. But noone will ever listen to me just because i'm the crazy white guy with Paranoid Schizophrenia, That act's black, And has an anger problem people will not listen to me. If they gave me a g36e and a squad of 5 highly trained individuals that motherfucker ahdminajad would be fucken dead!
Clear example of a Rambo/Terminator/Chuck Norris fed up boy. I can assure you that with a squad of 6 you couldnĀ“t even take out your state governor.
c'mon... let him dream....
acEofspadEs6313

Malfera wrote:

Gas prices ALWAYS go up this time of year and people bitch, moan  and lay blame as usual... The refineries stop production to change the mixture to what they call the "summer blend". That's to please all the environmentalist wackos out there. This is nothing new, yet the debate goes on and somehow it's always Bush's fault. It's the basic economic principle of supply and demand and not some bullshit conspiracy theory that involves the Middle East.
I'd say more of the problem and blame is on the oil companies for what seems like price-gouging.
Malfera
+3|6539

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Malfera wrote:

I'd say more of the problem and blame is on the oil companies for what seems like price-gouging.
It's not price gouging. If it were than the oil companies would be making a MUCH higher profit margin than they have in the past. What most people fail to realize is that there is a HUGE difference between profit and profit margin. The left has made this an issue out of a non-issue. They prey on the ignorance of the sheeple. When you sell more oil, your profits go up, yet their (Exxon Mobil/Big Oil) profit margin has remained the same, so there is no taking advantage or price gouging. But because Big Oil made this many billion dollars this year, they MUST be taking advantage of the sheeple. Not true. The thing that annoys the shit out of me is that I learned the difference between profit and profit margin in elemetary school economics.

/rant
heavy_chevy
Banned
+6|6247

RDMC(2) wrote:

Stop using the damn V8, that sucks up 245 gallon on the mile use little cars like us europeans
Because little cars are for fags.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6737|California

Heres the consequence of my actions. I just put a Mopar'ed 400 in my Charger last week. It required medium octane fuel to kick ass properly. Today was my first fill up since it was dropped in. Ouch.

$3.859 x 18 gallons = $69.46

And with mileage of 10 highway and 7 city, it blows. (but at least its a nice car)
PureFodder
+225|6303

Malfera wrote:

Appease environmental wackos? Try starting your car in winter with the fuel you get in summer. Using the wrong octane fuel will not only reduce the performance of your car but will add lots of extra wear and damage to your engine. Use low octane fuel that you get in winter during summer and the fuel ignites too early in the pistons cycle. It's called knocking it can ruin your engine. Use high octane fuel in the winter and you'll end up paying for high performance, high octane, more expensive fuel that will gain you nothing in terms of performance or fuel efficiency.

The effect is large enough that high places at higher altitudes will have a different fuel mix than places at low altitude.

By changing from a summer to winter blends they aren't screwing you over in summer, they're saving you money in winter.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard