coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6725|England. Stoke
Had this really weird thing happen earlier. Was playing 2142 then my game froze and then CTD, not unusual but then a message came up saying that Nvidia tool (or part of it) had detected that my graphics card was not receiving enough power and there were like 4 of these messages, then my computer restarted. I was like WTF, windows booted back up and same message was there again, and kept on re-opening itself all the time there were shit loads of 'em. Also it wouldnt let me change back to my overclocked graphics card settings, and it was still giving me this messages on stock settings.
Strange thing was a few minutes later I went back on my clan TS and my clan mate had exactly the same thing happen!! First time he or I, has had this so it can be a coincidence...
Anyway restarted again and it seems fine was able to get my overclock back on and played BF2 for a while with no problems. So anyone got any ideas just what the hell has gone there?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6725|England. Stoke
Any ideas, anyone?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6302|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Why bother if you solved it by rebooting ?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6584|NYC / Hamburg

are you running your PSU close to the max? that would be an easy explanation. Any power surges in your area that temporarily dropped the voltage supplied to your gfx card
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6725|England. Stoke

max wrote:

are you running your PSU close to the max? that would be an easy explanation. Any power surges in your area that temporarily dropped the voltage supplied to your gfx card
Dont think so I only running a AMD Barton 2.5 a couple of HD's and my DVD drive, and I got a 650 watt PSU (albeit not an expensive branded model), but still I think I got plenty of headroom where that is concernced. And as for a power surge I doubt it because like I said it happen to my clan mate as well and he lives miles away from me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard