RasorX
+17|6743|Indianapolis
Depending on what game you're coming from i would suggest, as others have, that you start with single player.  I played 3-4 rounds before i "went live" and it helped me get used to the learning curve. 

One of the big things about BF2 compared to other games you need to get used to is your bullets not hitting where you aim.  A 30% global accuracy is NEARLY unheard of in this game.  And a lot of things ingame will only further your inaccuracy, i.e. moving, standing, full auto.
K.Arathorn
+4|6742|Sweden
If you want "to get caught up in the game"... ...let me think... ...just start playing and the rest will come ...

On the other hand, read a bit about the ranking system and how to use it, that's a good trigger if you want BF2 be your favorite.

Brg
//K.Arathorn
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6552|Scotland
You will get OWNED! by everyoe at first... but stick it out! keep playing and you will get better!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
I think the best advice i can give is 'Stick at it'.

When you start almost everybody on the server WILL be better than you. Prepare to die a lot.

My other advice is when you see an enemy go prone, aim and if he's close hold fire. If he's further away fire in bursts. Oh, and be a medic so you can heal yourself and others if you need to.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6345
Medic whore on great wall, (plane whore on taraba and smoke screen). You can improve your infantry skill in IO server at first, but don't do it that much, IO's boring after 2hrs in a row lol. Play armors first (as far as vehicles are concerned ofc)
If you play IO (probably on karkand aka favourite Snake's map i'm kidding lol) go for support whoring

My last advice is : Have your fun on BF2 !
too_money2007
+145|6308|Keller, Tx
whore a helo = instant win
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6525|dunno
Get a clan if you want teamwork since there isn't a lot of it in pubs. And just practice.
Sarciss
The Hunter
+163|6339|Too late for you to know...

Follow this guide for Commander as it's the best one to date:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=69384
simmy.uk
+117|6438
Here's the best tip you will ever here. Play all the maps not just karkand. You will have more fun playing all the maps and learning skills/gaining awards as you go, rather than restricting yourself to city maps.

Play city maps to train yourself  with assault rifles. Once you become proficient with the assault rifle everything else generally falls into place.
CouchPotato
+9|6228
any thing else??
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
Be aware of your surroundings, use cover, dont run into a fight thinking you are rambo, take everything in your stride, I suggest playing infantry only first on a city map, lots of action, lots of kills (Maybe deaths), and lots of fun.
If you decide your more of a vehicle guy then I suggest you play a few rounds on single play testing out different vehicles, there are a number of guides on here for begginers, just search though the Wiki/BF2 section.

And people will be better than you, just keep playing (If your having fun that is) and you will get better and find your bearings

GL soldier!

/Lame joke
XRogerMellieX
+8|6329
Play as a medic. You can heal yourself and live longer. The longer you live the faster you'll learn.

Don't punish tk's unless they are intentional.

Be nice and acknowledge someone for a good shot or rank up. There are far too many abusive players on the servers already.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6286|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Oh, and if you play sniper, please, please, do NOT spam gaymores.

Watch out for Karkand.

M4>All.
CouchPotato
+9|6228
Haha. Thanks for the advice!
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6289|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Watch out for Karkand.

M4>All.
/wrong

M16 w/ M203 attachment > M4 > All.

There, it has been fixed.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6286|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH

cowami wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Watch out for Karkand.

M4>All.
/wrong

You always ruin my fun.

Ah, but you forgot!!

Forklift > M16 w/ M203 attachment > M4 > All
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6235|Texas
dont die...for GODS SAKE DONT DIE!!!!
killaer
+41|6718
My advice? Play on those less played maps. For example, In BF2, there are certain maps that are very concentrated in troops, so people gain points very quickly, so it is very tempting to join to just whore out on points. However, don't become one of those people who constantly plays these popular maps on infantry only servers. Play on some other less played maps like Zetar Wetlands, Sonohuga Stalemate (sp?), etc.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6741|Clinton, MD, USA
It's way too late. The good old days of BF2 are gone. Now it's all nade spammers and point whores.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6536|Carlsbad, CA, USA

ST19AG_WGreymon wrote:

It's way too late. The good old days of BF2 are gone. Now it's all nade spammers and point whores.
not on sf
Des.Kmal
+917|6618|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

cowami wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Watch out for Karkand.

M4>All.
/wrong

/wrong

M16 w/ Med Pack > M16 w/ M203 attachment > AK47 > M4 > All
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6289|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Des.Kmal wrote:

cowami wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Watch out for Karkand.

M4>All.
/wrong

/wrong

M16 w/ Med Pack > M16 w/ M203 attachment > AK47 > M4 > All
Alright, one final correction.

SRAW > Forklift > M16 w/ Medpack > M16 w/ M203 attachment > AK-47/101 > M4 > All

There. It is ended.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Des.Kmal
+917|6618|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
damn you cowami
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6530

become good at a kit you feel comfortable with. I like medic because it gives me the freedom of healing myself and i can be most beneficial for my team. Dont get in vehicles unless you know wtf your doing. Find a vehicle you like and practice and get good.
CouchPotato
+9|6228
Thanks some of you for the good feedback. I ordered my laptop today. So I should have it next week.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard