Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida
Hi and welcome to act 2 of my new forum show, "Eagal and Atheism". Where I, Dezerteagal5, discuss some things about religion, atheism, and more. Keep in mind this is an Atheists program so if you are a religious person who doesn't feel like reading anti-god things, then don't proceed.

-----
Past Shows:
Act 1: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 2#p1316672
-----

Hi folks, welcome to another installment of my new series "Eagal and Atheism" On this show will we talk about how some people may be over dependant on faith.

"We are a carbon based life form, not a faith based life form"

How come it seems wherever i go, i hear the term 'faith' Now when i think of faith i think of believing in something. But have you ever stopped to think, maybe people THINK they need faith more then they really do.

I hear a lot of people say "Well people need faith, they need something to believe in"
I can see where they are coming from, but here's my conflict.
Every other animal in the Kingdom does not have a god. We humans are the only ones, and they do just fine. They say elephants are very human-like when it comes to the death of another elephant. Because elephants show a lot of mourning and sadness when one in there heard dies. But you have to think "Does the elephant question what happens after death?"
Who knows. But not to get off track....

Since humans have a great imagination, but a lack of knowledge, they invent things to make them feel better, such as the Greeks inventing the gods of the sun, water, earth, everything.
But if you went up to someone today and told them "Hey, did you know theres a god that controls the sun, and pulls it across the sky in his chariot" They would respond "LOL"

So, if they can so openly deny the god of the sun, then why are so many people afraid to deny the christian god of everything?

Here's another fun thing. I might have considered staying religious if there was 1 believed god in the world. But theres not, Theres 100's of different religions believing in 100's of different "Supreme Beings", how can anyone be right!

The Islams thing Ala is the supreme being. Christians think "God" is the supreme being.  If you go up to a Christian and tell them Ala is god, they would tell you "Absolutely not" and you could sit and argue over it all day long.

Each religion thinks the other religion is wrong. Therefore they are all wrong.

Be sure to keep an eye out for "Eagal and Atheism - Act 3" coming soon.

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-04-08 16:11:49)

15 more years! 15 more years!
OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

This might be interesting if you had a clue about some of this stuff. I'm not going to debate religion because its pointless, but Allah (you misspelled it, along with other words...there is spell check for a reason) and God are the same. Jews, Christians, and Muslims all share the same deity, the difference comes later such as Jesus and Mohamed. Act? More like a joke.

Last edited by Omnideath (2007-04-08 16:16:31)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon
you know, im not going to debate religion because i really dont believe in anything.
heres the thing though, since civilizations started people have needed to believe in something. whether it is rah or zues or allah doesnt really matter, the point is they need to believe in something.
i dont really care for lenin, but his "opiate for the masses" quote was pretty spot on imo.
with that said, who gives a shit about what people believe in?
let them live their lives worshiping whatever the hell they want......it doesnt matter.
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6488|Latvia

Parker wrote:

let them live their lives worshiping whatever the hell they want......it doesnt matter.
even scientologists?

herrr_smity
+156|6629|space command ur anus
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon

BALTINS wrote:

Parker wrote:

even scientologists?

lol, you called my bluff.
my father in law lives in tampa and there is a huge scientologist commune (?) downtown there. it might even be some headquarters or something...i dont know...anyway, my wife has told me a million times how weird they are down there, and dont get me wrong i think they are plenty weird. but i went walking down there pretty much to see if i would be attacked by some of those freaks, and i have to be honest.....the bark was worse than the bite.
i mean they approached me and started asking me all sorts of questions, but they were easily dealt with.
just look a motherfucker in the eye and tell them no.....and you have to give them that "i will kill your face" stare.

when we get to the point that any religion starts forcing people to practice it...thats when ill start my shit.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

I dont particularly like flaming people but the fact this is in the Junk Drawer says it all, that said I will read ur other acts but I still dont quite get what you are trying to say.

''Each religion thinks the other religion is wrong. Therefore they are all wrong''.

Which religions think the other is wrong?  As far as I am aware Christianity doenst teach that the Jewish religion is wrong, heck Jesus was a jew, and muslims believe Jesus was a profit but not the saviour.  Those three religions are loosly based on the one God, and break off to form seperate religions all together through the ages, but there basis is clearly similar if u read them.

Martyn
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

Lollar. This thread is a joke.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6364|Vancouver

Bell wrote:

I dont particularly like flaming people but the fact this is in the Junk Drawer says it all, that said I will read ur other acts but I still dont quite get what you are trying to say.

''Each religion thinks the other religion is wrong. Therefore they are all wrong''.

Which religions think the other is wrong?  As far as I am aware Christianity doenst teach that the Jewish religion is wrong, heck Jesus was a jew, and muslims believe Jesus was a profit but not the saviour.  Those three religions are loosly based on the one God, and break off to form seperate religions all together through the ages, but there basis is clearly similar if u read them.

Martyn
Of course they believe that any other belief is wrong. Hence, blasphemy. Judaism is false to Christianity, despite the similarities. The three Abrahamic religions are similar, but consider each other religion false.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

Omnideath wrote:

but Allah and God are the same. Jews, Christians, and Muslims all share the same deity, the difference comes later such as Jesus and Mohamed.
Beat me to it.

credit for the effort.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6454

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

The Islams thing Ala is the supreme being. Christians think "God" is the supreme being.  If you go up to a Christian and tell them Ala is god, they would tell you "Absolutely not" and you could sit and argue over it all day long.
Well if the world were to end tomorrow, at the very least, you can take comfort in the fact that you have a piss poor education on your side.

KiL
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6765

You need as much faith to be an atheist as you do religious, if not more.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

Coolbeano wrote:

What?
Coolbeano
+378|6765

Think about it; you need to strongly believe that there is no god, which means there's no room for phenomena or exceptions. Just as a devout religious man cannot believe the nonexistance of a deity, an atheist cannot say 'maybe'. That's agnosticism, a whole other philosophy. Atheists might even need a bit more faith because there's always room for doubt in religion.
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK
religion is about more than god and belief, its about power and money too, sometimes land or sectarianism and maybe ethics - factor all that into the equation and youll be closer to the truth.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6370|Netherlands

Coolbeano wrote:

Boy you retarded? Atheism is by definition the absence of any kind of faith. It's at the very MOST the belief that all religions are false but it in no way requires MORE faith then believing in a mythical invisible father figure who never shows his face.

Tiger
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

How come it seems wherever i go, i hear the term 'faith' Now when i think of faith i think of believing in something. But have you ever stopped to think, maybe people THINK they need faith more then they really do.
I guess I need to give you some more perspective, because I don't like to see atheists continue to propagate their misunderstandings of spiritual things:

Your definition of "faith" is a modern connotation of the word, but this connotation does not apply to how the word is used biblically. When applied to the biblical use, the words "Faith" and "believe" (they come from the same word) do not mean a self-generated cognitive affirmation of something ... these words stem from a Greek word which means to "bind", "weld", "unite", "tie together" etc., and the source of "faith" is God.  So, when someone says they have faith in God, they are saying they are united to God.

Again, "faith" is not a self-generated cognitive activity (such as making a best guess as to whether or not something is true) ... faith is generated by God, and it is a spiritual uniting  (analogous to a marriage between a person and God).
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6626|Birmingham, UK

Bell wrote:

Martyn
muslims believe Jesus was a profit but not the saviour.

I couldn't stop laughing for about 3 minutes after reading that...
Superb Freudian slip...

He has a point, though...Jesus has made a lot of people very rich!

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2007-04-09 07:52:05)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6664|USA
I have a few questions for act3.

WHy does god want me to work everyday?

Even on Sunday?

Why must I pay bills?

Why does the church want 10% of your ANNUAL income?

Why do priests hump little boys?

Why does all religion get a bad rap for the priests that hump little boys?

Why isn't Michael Jackson a priest?

Why are religous people better than atheists?

Why are atheists people better than religous people?

HOw come, none of this would be discussed or even brought up in person, but everyone can go at it like they ARE god over the internet?

Are we all going to hell?

Are we all going to heaven?

Why are we here?

To fight about who is right?

And why would anyone rather push a man further down than help a man up?

WHy is breastfeeding in public ok, but showing your tits in public just to do it isn't?

Why is WalMart bad?

Thats all I got for Act3.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Bell wrote:

Martyn
muslims believe Jesus was a profit but not the saviour.

I couldn't stop laughing for about 3 minutes after reading that...
Superb Freudian slip...

He has a point, though...Jesus has made a lot of people very rich!
Muslims respect and admire Jesus. Islam teaches that he was one of God's greatest messengers to mankind. The Qur'an describes the miracle of his virgin birth, and a chapter of the Qur'an is entitled "Maryam" (Mary)

Islam considers Jesus to be a righteous ''Prophet'', but do not worship him. Rather they respect him as they do all Prophets, such as Abraham, Moses, Joseph, etc.

Source: http://oh.essortment.com/jesusmuslims_rjxj.htm

So what exactly is funny?

Martyn
zeidmaan
+234|6417|Vienna

Bring back the -1 function
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

seeing as this is in the Junk Drawer

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

he likes to see you suffer. It makes him horny
Even on Sunday?
Yes
Why must I pay bills?
So that corrupt politicians get richer and people who don't deserve it can still get something
Cause you didn't tell them to bugger off with their religion thing
they are pedophiles
pedophile = bad people = bad rep
he doesn't want to spend 10% on church tax
because they believe and love their fellow humans. Also they have morals
We don't believe in anything and thus don't have to fear hell if we do something immoral
HOw come, none of this would be discussed or even brought up in person, but everyone can go at it like they ARE god over the internet?
I am a god and tell that to everybody when I'm AFK (i.e. in RL)
nope, we just cease to exist
Why are we here?
to pass our DNA on, to have kids
that too
more fun and it doesn't cost as much
WHy is breastfeeding in public ok, but showing your tits in public just to do it isn't?
wha? Better cover up my tits then
Why is WalMart bad?
they are cheap and destroy all small shops
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida

max wrote:

seeing as this is in the Junk Drawer

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

he likes to see you suffer. It makes him horny
Even on Sunday?
Yes
Why must I pay bills?
So that corrupt politicians get richer and people who don't deserve it can still get something
Cause you didn't tell them to bugger off with their religion thing
they are pedophiles
pedophile = bad people = bad rep
he doesn't want to spend 10% on church tax
because they believe and love their fellow humans. Also they have morals
We don't believe in anything and thus don't have to fear hell if we do something immoral
I am a god and tell that to everybody when I'm AFK (i.e. in RL)
Why are we here?
to pass our DNA on, to have kids
that too
more fun and it doesn't cost as much
wha? Better cover up my tits then
Why is WalMart bad?
they are cheap and destroy all small shops
very nice, i might use some of this in act 3
15 more years! 15 more years!
Coolbeano
+378|6765

TigerXtrm wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

Boy you retarded? Atheism is by definition the absence of any kind of faith. It's at the very MOST the belief that all religions are false but it in no way requires MORE faith then believing in a mythical invisible father figure who never shows his face.

Tiger

Coolbeano wrote:

Think about it; you need to strongly believe that there is no god, which means there's no room for phenomena or exceptions. Just as a devout religious man cannot believe the nonexistance of a deity, an atheist cannot say 'maybe'. That's agnosticism, a whole other philosophy. Atheists might even need a bit more faith because there's always room for doubt in religion.
Reading ftw.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard