OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

So, there are a lot of talented people here. Just curious as to how you know what you know. Have any of you gone to an art school, or something of that nature, or are you self taught?
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

Self taught - art school was too difficult and time consuming to get into in Switzerland...

-konfusion
String3R
+15|6200
Hmm i learnt by messing around with things like filters, reading tuts and hints and tips from other people with the combination you can make some good stuff IMO!
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6488|USA
no, but what kind of art?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

no, but what kind of art?
anything. this was directed at a lot of the sig makers, but anyone else as well.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

I do graphic design at college but before then I'd been at it for almost 2 years or something which was self-taught.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
i dont do sigs or pc stuff. im a blacksmith. there are colleges that offer it as a class, but i chose to have some mentors that i visit a few times a year.
that way i get taught what i needed, but i still get some really personal time with mastersmiths.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Parker wrote:

i dont do sigs or pc stuff. im a blacksmith. there are colleges that offer it as a class, but i chose to have some mentors that i visit a few times a year.
that way i get taught what i needed, but i still get some really personal time with mastersmiths.
Works damn well :0

What kind of products do your mastersmiths make, and are you considered an apprentice?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
all the guys i learn from specialize in knives.
http://www.stoutknives.com/
thats my favorite maker, you look at some of his knives and they actually stir emotions in you. i want to be at that point some day.
i took my journeymans test almost three years ago, so that is what im considered now. after ten years of being a journeyman, then i can take my mastersmith test.........that scares the living shit out of me. in order to pass i need to make a fixed blade knife that can a)chop through a 2x4 B)get hammered into a tree stump and removed c) BEND NINETY DEGREES WITHOUT A CRACK AND BACK and then d) still cut paper.

im still about seven years away, so i have plenty of time
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6457|Melbourne

The internats teach me
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Archer
rapes face
+161|6394|Canuckistan
If you're talking about graphics work, I don't even know shit about photoshop and the works..

If you mean traditional drawing however, I'm self-taught.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

I take an art class at school, it sucks a dick.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

I taught myself how to use PS, and I kinda taught myself how to draw, I'm not very good at drawing though.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6503|Cardiff
if i remember correctly i did this.

flunked my gcse's
1 yr college g.n.v.q basic - art and design.  failed
1 yr college g.n.v.q basic - art and design.  failed
2 yr college g.n.v.q advanced - a&d. failed
1 yr uni g.n.v.q advanced a&d. failed

hmmm...doh!

and i learnt to use digi art packages when i got a trial version of JASC paint shop pro that lasted as long as i had my original HDD.

self taught on photoshop,corelpainter,open canvas and 2d/3d autocad.

although i have to say i learnt a truck load when i was actually studying.

Last edited by [THE] comben (2007-04-09 10:07:12)

jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

I used to draw a lot when I was kid. Self taught photoshop, used to teach photoshop before getting into programming.
Entertayner
+826|6541

Tuts ftw tbh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard