fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6498|Menlo Park, CA

crimson_grunt wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

BN I am not advocating an invasion. . . I am advocating for a gargantuan allied strike on their military/nuclear/financial institutions. . .btw Diplomacy is not what its called, its called CAPITULATION and a lack of balls!!
Seeing as your saying us getting our people back safe and sound was a pussies way out how would you have done it?

Ok so we've sent your airstrikes in, Iran declare on TV that we have waged war against them and due to public demand the hostages have been executed.  Our prime minister has now declared hostile actions commence.  Whats our next move mr war planner?
Umm Iran basically declared war by taking hostages. . . .

Delaring war based on public demand?. . . How about declaring war because a criminal regime is beligerant and needs to be put in check before things get REALLY out of hand (which has already happend, but you pacifists have no clue that it has already occured).  Do we really need to lay out the case for the need for military action against this regime. . . If we werent already in Iraq, we would have already attacked these pricks! Either way, an attack WILL happen, whether its this summer or next year, or 3 years from now, Iran WILL be attacked as a result of their beligerance and flat out disregard for international mandates.

I would assume you have been listening to what the freed soldiers have said today. . .

They were mistreated, provoked, and coerced into false confessions. . .ALL ILLEGAL under international law! They essentially WERE ATTACKED!! They realized they didnt want to die in a hail of gunfire, and possibly start a war as a result of their deaths. . . .personally I cannot blame them for not fireing back (as it ended up being the right decision, as they are all alive).

Iran has suffered NOTHING as a result of killing US/UK personel in Iraq, funding/training terrorists, taking hostages, claiming the holocaust is a myth, and last but not least actively pursuing nuclear weapons.  What is next for Iran to do? They have already attacked us. . . . I guess it would take a nuke to be dropped on someone for the international community to act in a decisive manner. . . .
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6662|Teesside, UK

fadedsteve wrote:

Umm Iran basically declared war by taking hostages. . . .

Delaring war based on public demand?. . . How about declaring war because a criminal regime is beligerant and needs to be put in check before things get REALLY out of hand (which has already happend, but you pacifists have no clue that it has already occured).  Do we really need to lay out the case for the need for military action against this regime. . . If we werent already in Iraq, we would have already attacked these pricks! Either way, an attack WILL happen, whether its this summer or next year, or 3 years from now, Iran WILL be attacked as a result of their beligerance and flat out disregard for international mandates.
I would assume you have been listening to what the freed soldiers have said today. . .
Yes I heard what they said as we said to Iran give them back, made no deals, concessions and simply waited for them to do it while they knew we would kick their arse if they tried anything whereas if we'd declared war like you so desperately wanted do you think they would be making a press conference in the UK today?  I don't.

fadedsteve wrote:

They were mistreated, provoked, and coerced into false confessions. . .ALL ILLEGAL under international law!
umm Like gitmo?

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-04-06 12:44:49)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX

CameronPoe wrote:

Ahmedinejad is lettin' em go!

He apparently forgives the sailors and is releasing them as a gift to Britain! Sly dog!

Sources and details to follow.

What were those helpful tips from the hostage crisis in the late 70s/80s? Guess we won't be needing them after all...

As for the other suggestions people bandied about - attacking Iran - guess what? Israel tried that with Hezbollah: and guess who still hasn't got their men back? That's right - Israel. This is a victory for diplomacy over stupidity/warmongering.
Diplomacy FTW? Umm taking another countries military members hostage, and releasing them is what you call democracy? WTF?  I cant believe some people think this way, is reprehensible.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6498|Menlo Park, CA
Like GITMO. . . . .HUGE LOL!!! HUGE LOL!!!

Gimo is a 4 star hotel buddy. . . They get three meals a day, exercise, a Quran, time to pray, not too mention the weather is good (i.e. no cold prison cells).  Mistreated is HARDLY what I would call the prisoners at Gitmo!

So let me ask you this. . . .should we release these al-Qaeda prisoners out onto the street? How about the Gitmo bus drops them off in your neighborhood so they can live amongst you?? Would you be cool with that?

Well, you do live in Pakistan, I mean England. . . . sorry lol

side question: When is England going to be called the Islamic Republic of Great Britain??

LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER! pure and simple

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-04-06 13:07:23)

c0ldfyr3
+23|6675|Ireland

CameronPoe wrote:

As for the other suggestions people bandied about - attacking Iran - guess what? Israel tried that with Hezbollah: and guess who still hasn't got their men back? That's right - Israel. This is a victory for diplomacy over stupidity/warmongering.
That's because there was no men in the first place o.O
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX

fadedsteve wrote:

Quote for Fuckign Emphesis!
Truer words have not passed through these halls in weeks!
crimson_grunt
+214|6662|Teesside, UK

fadedsteve wrote:

Gimo is a 4 star hotel buddy. . . They get three meals a day, exercise, a Quran, time to pray, not too mention the weather is good (i.e. no cold prison cells).  Mistreated is HARDLY what I would call the prisoners at Gitmo!

So let me ask you this. . . .should we release these al-Qaeda prisoners out onto the street? How about the Gitmo bus drops them off in your neighborhood so they can live amongst you?? Would you be cool with that?

side question: When is England going to be called the Islamic Republic of Great Britain??

Regardless of your opinion of gitmo it breaks international law.  So your argument that we should attack Iran cause they broke international law is bollocks.  Plain and simple.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX
Sorry I haven't read through all 17 pages, but this forum is about "diplomacy in action." Specifically how Crazy Tom in Iran gave the UK an early Easter present...

What does GITMO have to do with this topic, and how is it breaking International Law?

EDIT: Spelling/ Correction thx

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2007-04-06 13:26:55)

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6748

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Sorry I havent read through all 17 pages, but this forum is about "democracy in action." Specifically how Crazy Tom in Iran gave the UK an early Easter present...

What does GITMO have to do with this topic, and how is it breaking International Law?
Sorry mate its not about "democracy in action." its about "Diplomacy in action", just thought I should point that out.

Carry on.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX
Thanks man! Noted and corrected
crimson_grunt
+214|6662|Teesside, UK

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Sorry I havent read through all 17 pages, but this forum is about "democracy in action." Specifically how Crazy Tom in Iran gave the UK an early Easter present...

One of your fellow Americans was demanding that we should have gone to war due to Iran's treatment of the hostages breaking international law.  Considering some of the people held in gitmo is in breach of the Geneva convention and therefore a breach of international law.  I was simply pointing out that you can't say something is an act of war when your own country says its acceptable when they do it.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6498|Menlo Park, CA
Geneva Convention. . . .TERRORIST ARENT PROTECTED UNDER THE GENEVA CONVENTION!!!!!!!!!

So case in point your argument fails. . .

al-Qaeda is a terrorist organization. . .they arent protected at Gitmo, sorry. . . .

We do abide by Geneva Convention laws! My question to you is. . . .Did Iran?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX

crimson_grunt wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

One of your fellow Americans was demanding that we should have gone to war due to Iran's treatment of the hostages breaking international law.  Considering some of the people held in gitmo is in breach of the Geneva convention and therefore a breach of international law.  I was simply pointing out that you can't say something is an act of war when your own country says its acceptable when they do it.
So "Who" "Considers it" "Breaking Intl. Law?"  Umm interesting you "say" that, however it's not breaking Intl Law or Geneva Conventions Law...

EIDT: And if it "is breaking Intl law/ Geneva Conv. law" where are the facts regarding this?

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2007-04-06 13:43:49)

KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6689|Dayton, Ohio

IG-Calibre wrote:

I'll say it again - Also there are no internationally ratified boundaries in the waters between Iran/Iraq & never have been, the British basically drew a line on a map and said "these are Iraq's water boundaries"
Then that also means that Iran had no claim to them being in their territory.  I guess they were all in international water and the argument is still futile.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6362
Tested and found wanting. You will hear from them again.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6498|Menlo Park, CA
Bob Beckel a liberal pundit and loyal expositor of the Democratic Party (Beckel worked on the 1968 presidential campaign of Robert F. Kennedy).  Just said on a talk show I just finished watching said, "We need to start to bombing Irans nuclear facilities, as it is a clear and present danger to the USA. . . .they have carte blanch to do whatever they want and need to be dealt with etc."

He went on but I dont remember what else he said. . .

So its not just me who is saying Iran needs to be checked/bombed as a result of their actions.  I have to laugh that a total and complete liberal like Bob Beckel agrees with me whole heartedly!!!
Jet Blast
Banned
+15|6242

CameronPoe wrote:

What were those helpful tips from the hostage crisis in the late 70s/80s? Guess we won't be needing them after all...
In all fairness, which nobody has mentioned at all during this ordeal.  He has been identified by female and male prisoners as being one of the students who took them hostage back then.  So the fear of some was not as far fetched as some of you make it out to be.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6498|Menlo Park, CA

crimson_grunt wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Regardless of your opinion of gitmo it breaks international law.  So your argument that we should attack Iran cause they broke international law is bollocks.  Plain and simple.
Are you related to Neville Chamberlain by any chance. . . .
theelviscerator
+19|6296
The only thing diplomacy has guaranteed is another attempt by iran to take hostages.

Good Job!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina
Well, I'm glad this has a happy ending, if nothing else....
JahManRed
wank
+646|6636|IRELAND

fadedsteve wrote:

Geneva Convention. . . .TERRORIST ARENT PROTECTED UNDER THE GENEVA CONVENTION!!!!!!!!!
Emm maybe the ones who are guilty aren't. 

"As of November 2006, according to MSNBC.com, out of 775 detainees who have been brought to Guantanamo, approximately 340 have been released

A U.N. panel said May 19 that holding detainees indefinitely at Guantanamo violated the world's ban on torture and the United States should close the detention center."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo … ntion_camp

LOL, you scream bloody murder because they were in "cold stone cells" yet you defend the right to use water boarding,white noise, beatings, humiliation etc on anyone who some pen pusher in the NSA suspects might be a terrorist, when half of them have been proven Innocent with more likely to come........can I pull the race card????
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6661

fadedsteve wrote:

So case in point your argument fails. . .

al-Qaeda is a terrorist organization. . .they arent protected at Gitmo, sorry. . . .

We do abide by Geneva Convention laws! My question to you is. . . .Did Iran?
Except you don't abide by the Geneva Convention or the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.  Anyway,

Arrested in combat + held in military prison + trial by military tribunal = BLATENTLY A PRISONER OF WAR!!!!!!

Guess those caps must be contagious... annoying, ain't it?

And even people who are/aren't protected by the Geneva Conventions are still guaranteed a basic standard of treatment by the declaration of human rights.

The real threat is another world war.  The way that will be achieved is through mass brainwashing of people into believing that the atrocities of their governments are in their best interests.
PureFodder
+225|6293
Damn us liberals and our crazy ideas about talking to people to resolve issues rather than throwing bombs around and making things worse. We should have resolved this the Repiblican way. That way Iran would have some nice shiny new free weapons next time they wanted to break international laws.

Republicans; selective memory FTW!
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6362

crimson_grunt wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

They were mistreated, provoked, and coerced into false confessions. . .ALL ILLEGAL under international law!
umm Like gitmo?
when you are captured armed and out of uniform the proceedure has allways been, Tied to tree blindfolded, shot, at time of earliest covienece. This has been the case since Army stated wearing uniforms. If anyone has a problem with Gitmo they no little.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6659|USA

PureFodder wrote:

Damn us liberals and our crazy ideas about talking to people to resolve issues rather than throwing bombs around and making things worse. We should have resolved this the Repiblican way. That way Iran would have some nice shiny new free weapons next time they wanted to break international laws.

Republicans; selective memory FTW!
Yup, appeasement, surrender, negotiate, retreat...........all against terrorists and criminals, I absolutely love the liberal playbook.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard