da_schmitty
+14|6264

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

da_schmitty wrote:

Holy crap, you totally misread my post.  I own one....I know they arent FWD....I said they LOOK like a FWD ricer car.  The Evo X LOOKS like a Cobalt/SRT-4....Learn to read before you flame.

I DO agree that the EVO 8/9 looks like a standard Lancer on steriods.  The point is whats under the hood and the drivetrain. 

My main point is that thru Evo I-VIIII  all look pretty much the same.  And since the VIII is the first to be the legal export to the US, I'm surprised they wanted to change it.
I didn't misread you at all.  I responded to exactly what you posted.  If you think the Evo X looks like a Cobalt......you are certainly entitled to that opinion, but you should get your eyes checked in the meantime.  If you are REALLY arguing "whats under the hood and the drivetrain" then you would have nothing to say but positive comments, because what is under the hood and the drivetrain for the new genertation of Evos is nothing but an improvement.

As for the argument that you are surprised they wanted to change the appearance.....I'm not.  The performance aspect of the Evo line has been well known, well understood, and well aknowledged........but the aesthetic aspect has been a matter of controversy for sometime.  As you have said, the Evo 8/9 looked like a standard Lancer on steroids.......that has been a matter of contention for the line in this market.  I think Mitsu has done well to improve the physical appearance.....making it more of a mainstream, sporty design that before........while at the same time not forgetting to improve upon all around performance. 

In my book.......Mitsubishi has done well in all aspects with their new generation of Evos.  You are certainly within your rights to disagree.........but you won't convince ME otherwise.  I think they did a good job.......I sure as hell would own an Evo VIII/IX........but at the same time, I'd also love to own an Evo X.  I have much appretiation for new generation of Evo, as well as "old."

KiL
I respect your comments, I apologize if I came across as a dick.  I just get defensive over my baby.  I DO think that changing out an AWESOME 6-speed man-tran to a paddle style F1 tranny.  Thats nerfing it.  Mitsubishi has been doing that to a major extent for the past ten years.  Why do you think that GSX's are going for over 14k???
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6413|Michigan, USA

If I ever did get to the point where I seriously wanted to purchase an Evo, I'd try and get an Evo VIII.  At least that model still has a stick shift!
wedge3382
UD-6 Talon Whore
+14|6557|Ellisville, MS
Ok, my two cents.  At our local drag srtip, I have yet to see a single EVO win a race (stock or aftermarketed out).  I have seen high dollar EVO's come up from New Orleans and get stomped by Mustangs, Camaros, etc.
I'm sorry but the car is not what it is cracked up to be.  Just my two cents, let the flaming begin!!!!

Last edited by wedge3382 (2007-04-03 19:32:57)

da_schmitty
+14|6264

wedge3382 wrote:

Ok, my two cents.  At our local drag srtip, I have yet to see a single EVO win a race (stock or aftermarketed out).  I have seen high dollar EVO's come up from New Orleans and get stomped by Mustangs, Camaros, etc.
I'm sorry but the car is not what it is cracked up to be.  Just my two cents, let the flaming begin!!!!
I never bought my Evo to run the 1/4 mile.  It owns in the twisties in western PA.  Tho I have spanked the local 5.0''s in my town in street races.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6453

wedge3382 wrote:

Sorry to say.....but anyone who can actually drive will know than an Evo, stock or otherwise, is definitely a high performance vehicle.  Sure, you can find better performing autos out there, but not for the price.  I can't tell you how many reviews I've read from respectable sources that say things like "Yeah, the Porsche Cayman S is an amazing performer and a great sports car, but if you want similar performance for less than half the price, get an Evo."

Let's not forget that performance is not defined by DRAG STRIP performance.......a 67' V8 Camaro w/ a bunch of engine mods can out drag a lot of cars......but that DOESN'T mean it OUTPERFORMS other vehicles that may be slower in the 1/4 mile.  TRACK TIME is the true measure of performance, as it takes into account handling, braking, AND engine response.  Drag times are impressive, but they are a limited view of performance......kinda like the top 10 BF2 players........they may be good at a single thing, like command whoring, grenade spamming, or medic bag spamming all over Karkand.......but they will get destroyed by any well rounded player in a competition that assesses a COMBINATION of skills rather than just a single skill.

KiL

Last edited by FeedUsYourFetus (2007-04-03 19:42:29)

dankassasin42o
+68|6680|Reefersyde, CA
Man FUCK the CARS YOU CAN NOT AFFORD.  Show the CARS you OWN, -1337/10 for all those super cars that you all posted and DO NOT OWN, NOR WILL EVER BE ABLE TO AFFORD. 10//10 for the Merc guy, since it IS HIS CAR.  and 10/10 for that power wheels!!!

The rest of you GET a LYFE.  Posting cars you'll never OWN = GHEY!   

Ill post pix of my STi Later
dankassasin42o
+68|6680|Reefersyde, CA

InfectiousShadow wrote:

^ 1/10

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n186 … garis2.jpg
TVR Sagaris, i love it in Test Drive Unlimited

actually rate things instead of skipping them
-100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

Diving it in TD Unlimited. Doesnt count.
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6652|United States
Honda Civic SI 6/10

https://www.nnomo-racing.de/honda_nnomo_acura_rsx/honda_acura_rsx_integra_dc5_70.jpg
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6652|United States

dankassasin42o wrote:

Man FUCK the CARS YOU CAN NOT AFFORD.  Show the CARS you OWN, -1337/10 for all those super cars that you all posted and DO NOT OWN, NOR WILL EVER BE ABLE TO AFFORD. 10//10 for the Merc guy, since it IS HIS CAR.  and 10/10 for that power wheels!!!

Well maybe some of us don't even own a car noob

Last edited by Private_Adam (2007-04-03 19:45:20)

dankassasin42o
+68|6680|Reefersyde, CA

da_schmitty wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

What to hear what I hate about the new Evo X?  The transmission.

[rant]  First off, a CVT isn't bad, but I'd rather have a manual, they think they're including everyone when they say you can just leave it in drive like a regular auto or you can use the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel.  WHAT THE FUCK MITSUBISHI?!?!?  I personally absolutely love driving manual vehicles, as it gives you so many advantages.  So where the fuck did the option to have a manual transmission with the awesome STICK shifter and not those gay-ass paddles go?!?!? [/rant]

Other than that, it's an AWESOME car!  Sadly though, if I were seriously considering getting it and they did not offer it with a stick shifter, I would not get it.  Easy as that.  Anyone else share my love for manual transmissions, and more importantly, stick shifters over the paddles?
Yet another reason why the EVO X is being "nerfed".    Same thing happened with the Eclipse... Look at the GSX.  Same engine and drivetrain as the Evo...then it got nerfed to the GST...turbo FWD.  Ok, lets put a 260+hp engine in a FWD car that has no traction whatsoever to handle that power.  Ok, then lets make it worse, lets make it a NON turbo 4 cylinder and sell it to chicks that like red sports cars but dont care about performance. 

Now, they are trying to make it look good to 40 somethings that want performance and comfort....fuck that.  Anyone who has ever driven a Evo VIII knows that comfort is the LAST thing on the designers mind.  That thing is a BEAST.
EVOS HAVE A FUCKED UP TRANNY. THEY BREAK.
da_schmitty
+14|6264
Ok, This is too reminiscent of every other car forum I've ever been a member of.  People get the e-penis out and there goes the thread.  I'm sorry I even replied. 

I love my car, and people are entitled to hate it.
dankassasin42o
+68|6680|Reefersyde, CA

Private_Adam wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

Well maybe some of us don't even own a car noob
Well then, if you want to POST your dream car.  THEN MAKE IT SOMETIME YOU can afford.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York
I hope this thread gets closed. You guys have successfully turned it into to a flame war, nice going.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
da_schmitty
+14|6264

dankassasin42o wrote:

da_schmitty wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

What to hear what I hate about the new Evo X?  The transmission.

[rant]  First off, a CVT isn't bad, but I'd rather have a manual, they think they're including everyone when they say you can just leave it in drive like a regular auto or you can use the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel.  WHAT THE FUCK MITSUBISHI?!?!?  I personally absolutely love driving manual vehicles, as it gives you so many advantages.  So where the fuck did the option to have a manual transmission with the awesome STICK shifter and not those gay-ass paddles go?!?!? [/rant]

Other than that, it's an AWESOME car!  Sadly though, if I were seriously considering getting it and they did not offer it with a stick shifter, I would not get it.  Easy as that.  Anyone else share my love for manual transmissions, and more importantly, stick shifters over the paddles?
Yet another reason why the EVO X is being "nerfed".    Same thing happened with the Eclipse... Look at the GSX.  Same engine and drivetrain as the Evo...then it got nerfed to the GST...turbo FWD.  Ok, lets put a 260+hp engine in a FWD car that has no traction whatsoever to handle that power.  Ok, then lets make it worse, lets make it a NON turbo 4 cylinder and sell it to chicks that like red sports cars but dont care about performance. 

Now, they are trying to make it look good to 40 somethings that want performance and comfort....fuck that.  Anyone who has ever driven a Evo VIII knows that comfort is the LAST thing on the designers mind.  That thing is a BEAST.
EVOS HAVE A FUCKED UP TRANNY. THEY BREAK.
Holy crap, yet another uninformed post.  The transmission is fine.  Its the amount of idiots that think they can rev it up to 7600rpm, dump the clutch and get a an UBER launch!  I have had to replace my CLUTCH at around 25k.  I will say the clutch is weak, but the tranny is very stable, provided you arent a 16 yr old kid that owns a $31k car due to daddy.
Boomerjinks
+301|6796|Denver, CO
My car....

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/kingbobdole/Jan%2006%20Meet/100_1124.jpg
The#1Spot
+105|6540|byah

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

Well, last actual car posted was some disgusting fat bitch, surrounded by some orange sheet metal in an unedentifiable automobile.......so......10/10.  Keep up the good work.

As for the car I shall post.....I know it is not everyone's style......far from it.......but I am blown away by them (over 300hp out of a stock turbocharged 2.0 liter 4 cylinder? amazing) , and want one when they come out........the Evo X:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/M/mi … -f3q-a.jpg

KiL
Sorry to burst your bubble but the car outputs half the hp as the concept a sissy 152bhp well thats what i read in a sports compact issue
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6740|Norcal, usa

dankassasin42o wrote:

good man here.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6413|Michigan, USA

Okay, fine, you want to rate my REAL car, here you go.  (I don't care what you rate it.  In my book, as it's a manual, that makes it better than a lot of automatics out there.)
First off, I have a few pics, so here's the link for more pictures of my car.
https://photos-927.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v45/162/115/2232228/n2232228_33925927_2190.jpg
https://photos-921.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v45/162/115/2232228/n2232228_33925921_9867.jpg
https://photos-905.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v45/162/115/2232228/n2232228_33925905_5369.jpg
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6453

The#1Spot wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but the car outputs half the hp as the concept a sissy 152bhp well thats what i read in a sports compact issue
Sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but you are plain WRONG.  Who would buy an EVO that was 152bhp?  NO ONE.  Mistubishi isn't THAT stupid.....they wouldn't make a car that NO ONE would buy.  The point of the EVO is to be the HIGH PERFORMANCE version of the Lancer.  All I can figure is that you are either plain wrong, or read an article about the stock LANCER and NOT the EVO.  I would buy that horsepower figure for the regular Lancer sedan.

The current Evo IX here in the US outputs a manufacturer rated 286bhp.  The new one is expected to be 300 at a minimum, if not more........there are currently no SPECIFIC specs on engine output for the new Evo X, but it won't be LESS than the current model.  They just won't let it happen, particularly since the Evo X will be about 200lbs heavier than the current model.  That would be suicide.

KiL
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6331|teh alien spaceshit
8 out of 10.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Hmmwv-036.jpg

Last edited by thtthht (2007-04-03 22:26:26)

Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707
The car in my sig pwns all!!!!
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6453

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

The car in my sig pwns all!!!!
Maybe a little.

KiL
Tetn1s
+59|6643|Los Angeles
Its an M3. Notice the license plate

https://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3548/dsc00400ho0.jpg
https://img180.imageshack.us/img180/860/dsc00401rf5.jpg
https://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1516/dsc00402kq8.jpg
https://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4830/dsc00403mv4.jpg

There is four pictures of the car my mom drives.

Last edited by Ned_Z (2007-04-03 22:24:22)

_raab
+28|6234|Western Aust.
Hahaha, nice license plate. 7.0/10.0  Wish i could see the front a bit better, although I kinda know the model and theyre alright I guess.

This is the car im gonna get (or very similar to) after i sell my hyundai excel.

https://thrashcar.com/articles/data/95/liberty.JPG

Last edited by _raab (2007-04-03 23:49:25)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6329

^All-Wheel-Drive FTW!!!!!! 10/10 (I love silver!) We got a nice Audi A4 Quattro in our family that I drive any chance I get (5-speed) Here is a picture of our truck:

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser!

https://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5893/beautyshotnr3.jpg
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard