MRX1 wrote:

WTF, NOW i CAN log in
cool
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6335|Graz, Austria
Still doesn't work for me.

samfink wrote:

are they trying to get people to stop playing BF2?
I don't think so.
People have reported the same issue with BF2142 and IIRC, even the new C&C3.

OakLeaves wrote:

its got nothing to do with the isp's
Nope.
My guess is the master ranking server had some data loss that only affected part of the accounts, regardless of the location or ISPs of those players.

Because yesterday two of my friends could play, located a few hundred meters away from my place and on the same ISP as me.

kmt wrote:

Why do people even care? It's just a game, lol. It's annoying but that's it. Enough other things to do as getting your tire repaired
Why people care?
Because they paid for a game that is in fact only playble online. (Screw the single player mode!)

Imagine you bought the game 3 days ago, installed it, played it for a few hours and BLAMM, can't play anymore all of a sudden.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6447|UK
Yea me to

seems they fixed the issue

now i can play on my server that hasnt beeen used for 3 days
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664

MRX1 wrote:

WTF, NOW i CAN log in
mkay
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6335|Graz, Austria
Oh!
It seems to work again!
docnutz
+39|6771|B O S T ON area
great, too bad for me i'm in the office now!
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6596|Hamburg / Germany

MRX1 wrote:

WTF, NOW i CAN log in
Same here!
GAH_MOOS
+0|6246
i had also troubles logging in in battlefield..for the last 3 days...

When i read here in the forum that game spy arcade was the problem ..kind of.....

I uninstall game spy from my PC and i did from the battlefield CD-ROM a update or upgrade..something like that...

I came on the update site from Battlefield and there i saw an "server update for the battlefield"...I chose "EA server update"i dont know if it makes a difference whitch one you chose.

I did that and something went upgrading....

After that i was going to the "game spy arcade"site and downloading the basic game spy...install it...

And now i am able to log in battlefield whit no problems...

so upgrade the server at http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … nloads.jsp

and re-install game spy...ma bey it works!!!!

Good luck

let me know if it works

Last edited by GAH_MOOS (2007-04-03 07:47:02)

Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6246|Bristol

GermanLegionaire wrote:

MRX1 wrote:

WTF, NOW i CAN log in
Same here!
AND ME WOOOT yey...
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6536|dunno
lol i could play fine yesterday and the day before.
obi-wan383
+0|6328
Its working again down here too
Only it seems that I wont be getting my silver repair/genist medal .. sniffle
Now ive been back on and just got silver combat but it doesnt upload yet... Hopefully some patient will be enough for that to show up.
Buffnuggles
+11|6744|The Hague, Netherlands
Yep, i'm in too.
Woohooo finally after almost 3 days.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6505|N. Ireland
if we are (un)lucky it won't report, which means you can earn them multiple times!

Too bad I'm not at the requirements for anything atm.
ProudLimey
+3|6448
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35143

"I'll answer the question here, but this thread is locked purely because it's for information only.

The fact that a moderator's password was compromised (not due to a "hack" on this forum, but possibly due to a lapse elsewhere in the BF community) is entirely seperate to the issues with the connection servers. So while it may look like the two incidents are connected, this is in fact a coincidence.

In an ideal situation we'd like to be able to give an estimated time frame for the return of the connection servers so that matches could be rescheduled and players could plan alternate uses for their time, but right now we don't have one. What I do know is that work is ongoing and that progress has been made with limited connections available outside the US, but this is still an issue which will affect the majority of European players for the time being.

As ever, once we have more information we'll post it here.
Ryan
+1,230|6854|Alberta, Canada

Are you kidding me? 19 pages about this?

Holy shit.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6505|N. Ireland
7 for me ;P
R@ge
+33|6355|Norway
I really hope this issue is fixed now...

Otherwise i may end up like this dude
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6639|UK
Due to an ISP service outage the soldier databases are not accessible to players who are logging in. The problems with service are not limited to only Battlefield and are causing similar login issues with other titles that utilize IGN/Gamespy online services. Because this issue is not intrinsically linked to the systems used to operate Battlefield or any of the other affected games but rather the communication between players and those systems we are uncertain of when the ISP outage will be corrected. EA DICE and Gamespy are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and sincerely appreciate your patience during this outage.
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/ann.jspa?s … ;annID=359
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6661|Washington DC

I think it may be evidencing itself as erratic, rather than just a complete "outage" ... lots and lots of people are playing BF2 right now.  I could get in ... then I couldn't ... then I could again.  (I just got off a server).

So, keep trying.
docnutz
+39|6771|B O S T ON area

Ryan wrote:

Are you kidding me? 19 pages about this?

Holy shit.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6447|UK
its a serious issue
corce
+2|6594
Meh, dubious news from the EA forum:

EAUK_Protagonist wrote:

Hold off on the celebrating just yet. Gamespy's ISP, who suffered the initial problems on Sunday upweighted their connection space around this time yesterday as well, so they may be throttling it while their frontline staff are not on duty.

What does this mean? It might go back to being offline again.

We'll confirm when we know more.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6618|Parainen, Finland
Well, as long as we can play let me use a phrase that I use all the time as I play, and I think that many agrees here:

"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY!!!!"   
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6485|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Ubersturmbannfuhrer wrote:

Well, as long as we can play let me use a phrase that I use all the time as I play, and I think that many agrees here:

"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY!!!!"   
Aamen! I'm logging in and never ever out again!
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6512|Valley of the Dragons
What I do know is that work is ongoing and that progress has been made with limited connections available outside the US, but this is still an issue which will affect the majority of European players for the time being.

As ever, once we have more information we'll post it here.
Yeah why would you put in the effort to get things going for your community that is between 5-7 hours ahead of the normal evening playing hours You can say a lot about EA, but they are sure a consequent lot. Money grubbin' dumbasses till the end.

Last edited by Jemme101 (2007-04-03 10:25:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard