Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6643|United States

All I have to say that IED attacks never works on M1 abrams.

Last edited by Private_Adam (2007-04-01 13:52:13)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6625|USA
aside from the intereseting grammar, yes, it is a known fact that the under armor of tanks does not have the V shape like most modern EUROPEAN tanks do, so they do not survive IED attacks as well.
herrr_smity
+156|6620|space command ur anus
the only thing they are thinking on the inside is, who installed the hydraulics.

Last edited by herrr_smity (2007-04-01 13:49:32)

avman633
+116|6356
Wow. What was that guy saying though?
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6625|USA

avman633 wrote:

Wow. What was that guy saying though?
allah ackbar?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon
he was saying "god is great." repeated.
power9787
+10|6574
the m1 was damaged, but it is still rolling
it is gonna take a lot of good explosive to take out a tank like m1
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6259|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
When I plant IEDs and wait for tanks, I say "Kiplingi ackbar" repeatedly

It means Mr Kipling is Great. I just love his mini Battenburgs, a whole one all to myself? Isn't that what everyone wants?
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6451|behind my rifle
seeing that makes me sleep good at night, knowing that americans can make quality still
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

I'd be shitting myself if I was in one of those 2 cars driving by.

Yikes.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6278|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH

Ryan wrote:

Yikes.
I agree.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

Private_Adam wrote:

hate to burst yalls bubbles.  that was a small ied, most likely 2 daisy chained 120mm. not to mention on the side of the road.  yes, our abrams are not IED proof, to say the least. im keeping it real folks, the good and the bad.  and chances our, one the crew of the track is dead or seriously wounded.  when explosions make big hulking peices of hollowed metal jump up the air so high.....put it this way,  the inside compartment is not lined with soft foam.  not to mention mere concussion of the explosion will turn your insides out.  could we not show this.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-01 14:31:05)

Drumedor
Oops, who put that tree there?
+17|6537|BorĂ¥s, Sweden

Ryan wrote:

Yikes.
I would have been shitting my pants if I were inside the tank.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6465|Kakanien
another useless thread

congrats
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

another useless thread

congrats
what makes you say that??? Just curious
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Private_Adam wrote:

hate to burst yalls bubbles.  that was a small ied, most likely 2 daisy chained 120mm. not to mention on the side of the road.  yes, our abrams are not IED proof, to say the least. im keeping it real folks, the good and the bad.  and chances our, one the crew of the track is dead or seriously wounded.  when explosions make big hulking peices of hollowed metal jump up the air so high.....put it this way,  the inside compartment is not lined with soft foam.  not to mention mere concussion of the explosion will turn your insides out.  could we not show this.
wow if that was a small IED  what the hell does a big one look like?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

Superslim wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Private_Adam wrote:

wow if that was a small IED  what the hell does a big one look like?
a lot bigger.  usually 155mm artillery rounds are the most common of killers.  but, IED's that are made with air force ordinance (500 lb bombs) or farmers bombs are much bigger explosions than muliple arty rounds.  and they smell different as well after theyve been detonated.  this was a weak IED attack that was most likely meant for a passing guntruck instead of armored vehicle.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-01 15:12:56)

Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6685|Brunei Darussalam

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Private_Adam wrote:

Small IED? Small IED wouldn't make abrams to jump around.
It would be like:

- You farted Leroy?
- Nope. I thought it was a speed bump.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6709|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
It must have taken a hell of a lot of explosives to make a 70 ton tank fly like that
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6625|USA

Janis_Petke wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Private_Adam wrote:

Small IED? Small IED wouldn't make abrams to jump around.
It would be like:

- You farted Leroy?
- Nope. I thought it was a speed bump.
No, that was a small IED. A Large IED can fully lift and flip a tank. Trust me, Dont get your hopes up that IED's are weak. They will tear you to shreds. Plus, a majority of our troops ride around in HMMVV, which get obliterated by IEDS.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
the reason i say small is because ive seen much bigger IED explosions.  im judge the cloud and from what ive seen,  that would be a small to moderate IED attack.  especially for the locations of the explosions.  when haji wants to take a tank out, hes not gonna put the ied's on the side of the road. this one was clearly on both sides of the road which leave me to believe that they were using smaller munitions to take out softer armored vehicles.  but since they saw a tank convoy coming through...hey target of oppurtunity.  and I dont know why its assumed no one is hurt.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6625|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the reason i say small is because ive seen much bigger IED explosions.  im judge the cloud and from what ive seen,  that would be a small to moderate IED attack.  especially for the locations of the explosions.  when haji wants to take a tank out, hes not gonna put the ied's on the side of the road. this one was clearly on both sides of the road which leave me to believe that they were using smaller munitions to take out softer armored vehicles.  but since they saw a tank convoy coming through...hey target of oppurtunity.  and I dont know why its assumed no one is hurt.
Yea. The reason it kept "driving" was because of momentum or his foot is still on the throttle. Regardless, that was a VERY violent explosion that could have been MUCH worse. Yes, the tank is unscathed on the outside, but your all you know there is a refrigerator sized hole in the bottom of that tank.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
ive known two tankers to die due to enemy action. nothing is IED proof.  the concussion is what usually kills a person, not the ball of fire or the shrapnel or debris.  if the concussion was strong enough to lift a track, the concussion is strong enough to kill everybody in it.  not saying everyone died in this tank, but something to think about before people start cheering the survivors.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-01 15:39:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard