-xXCRUWXx-
+0|6715|NEW YORK
ok you  have it all wrong its a game and in this game some people do not have good pings so  this make it a problem to snip people with high pings. the M95 is good but the only thing is the cross hairs are way to big for  it

Last edited by -xXCRUWXx- (2006-01-13 07:30:01)

Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6793

I.M.I Militant wrote:

mate think about how bad it would be if snipers were 1 hit 1 kill .... it would be like awps in cs.. bf2 is more fun and less realisem... sorry mate but im happy with the way snipers are now
I am tlking about headshots.  Militant if you weren't tlking to me than ignore what i just wrote.

As for you -xXCRUWXx- , yes the M95's crosshairs are bigger and will effect your accuracy somewhat          ----->BUT!!!<----   the M24's acc is VERY HIGH and the M95's acc is HIGH.  So when i say the m24 is more acc the m95 i am not making it up.  Look at both gun's and check their accuracy and you will see for your self.  So no i don't have it all wrong.  So it may be lag sometimes but the m24 is still more acc

Last edited by Deathsc-O-pe[CoD] (2006-01-13 13:25:41)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6774|Toronto, ON
Indeed.
Alpha as fuck.
Masta_Daco
+39|6759|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
W00t i saw that picture of that iraqi soldier that got a headshot with a 50 cal i coulndt believe that SH*T i was horibble
bigelectricat
+3|6714

WormGuts wrote:

perhaps you were not accounting for bullet drop and didn't actually hit them in the head but another area instead.
if i remember not long ago, EA already said in an interview that there is no bullet drop in BF2 and BF2SF. otherwise it would be one of their selling points as there are currently no FPS game that has that much physics involved. and at up to 200m which is longer than draw distance for BF2 and BF2SF (32bit version)... bullet drop is negligible.
Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6793
I never understood y any1 would think there is bullet drop. ive never experienced it
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6717|Mountains of West Virginia

Tyferra wrote:

I have fun when I get a skilled headshot.

Its easy enough to get a headshot in this game (not saying i dont like ot do it)

making it one shot kill in the chest would be a very bad move.

Deathsc-O-pe[CoD] wrote:

I never understood y any1 would think there is bullet drop. ive never experienced it
same here..i have seen some nice footage "proving" it, but i just cant tell

I think the m24 is a much much better rifle then the m95. Headshots anyone?

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2006-01-13 18:07:43)

oberst_enzian
+234|6765|melb.au

Deathsc-O-pe[CoD] wrote:

i think there is bullet drop becuase i aimed a fraction above a guy's head when he was in the distance, and he died in with the one shot. try it and you will see.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6742

ComradeWho wrote:

Don't use the damned m95. it's shit. Don't use it!!!!.
RIGHT ON

The first thing I noticed in the original post was reference to ".50 cal" and im like OH GOD!

A headshot = instant kill.

M95 or M24, two non-headshot hits = kill

Type 88 or SVD, three non-headshot hits = kill

If you're firing more than the above number of shots, and you haven't got a kill
IT IS BECAUSE YOU MISSED.

The M24 is the most beautiful weapon. It's the most accurate, pulling headshots with it is so easy and the crosshair is the best of the sniper rifles.

Whatever rifle you use, if you're sniping, stay absolutely still for several seconds before you fire. Like this:

- crouch / prone
- line up crosshairs on target
- count to two
- fire

This ensures that you're holding the weapon utterly still and will drastically increase your headshot ratio if you practice it. So the enemy sniper is firing at you. So what? The more he fires, the less likely he is to hit, especially with the crappy semi-auto snipers. The M24 being bolt action forces you to consider each shot, you should be thinking "This is the only bullet in the world and I have only one chance to use it". If you miss or fail to headshot, don't sweat it, chamber the next round and continue the same way.

More generally as a sniper, if you kill a lot of enemies from a position, RELOCATE, even if you think they don't know where you were.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6720
yeah i'm with everyone else, I think your sniping may just be really bad if you couldn't get them
YeOldeHomer
+0|6700
Snipers have drop in BF2. Sure, you might be aiming at their head but the bullet is also dropping so you're not actually hitting them in the head.

Just takes practice, also, when you can use an M24 instead of a 50 cal.
Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6793

bigelectricat wrote:

WormGuts wrote:

perhaps you were not accounting for bullet drop and didn't actually hit them in the head but another area instead.
if i remember not long ago, EA already said in an interview that there is no bullet drop in BF2 and BF2SF. otherwise it would be one of their selling points as there are currently no FPS game that has that much physics involved. and at up to 200m which is longer than draw distance for BF2 and BF2SF (32bit version)... bullet drop is negligible.
If in fact EA said there is no bullet drop, there is no bullet drop.   Look if u point next to som1's body with almost any gun it may hit them because of it's inaccuracy and that may be what ur experiencing when u put it over their head.  If EA said no, then no.
bs6749
+3|6766

oberst_enzian wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

So I close by saying, fuck the real world. I have fun when I get a skilled headshot. A guy at full health dies with one shot because I used my skill to plant it there. I don't care if the real M95 is a one hit kill weapon, or that the guy I hit in the torso carries on running. It'd be an annoyance to me in game when I'm trying to have fun, that I limp everytime someone shoots me in the leg, or I bend over and cough blood if I'm shot. That's real world too, but would take away the fun of something that is a game.
AMEN.

...also, i recently found my 'flow' with the sniper rifle, and am really enjoying it atm, but even having said that i hope that they don't make the snipers more accurate. maybe it's just the servers i'm playing on, but every second person goes sniper. the teams are usually fifteen snipers, fifteen spec ops, and two engineers whoring it up in armour. i imagine a game where sniper rifles are more n00b friendly would be one where you would die every two seconds from a sniper. seriously, fuck that. Sniping is hard - as it fucking should be. If they do change the accuracy and every second sniper has 40 kills at the end of every round, i'll be very fucking pround of myself that I got both my sniping vet badges before the 'accuracy' patch.
Notice that every place that I have seen information on the new patch it says that teh sniper weapons, along with others, have been "adjusted for accuracy". This does not mean that they are being imiproved in their accuracy. In fact I believe that they are being decreased. I am not saying that you are wrong and I am right but do you have any informaion from a reliable source that indicates that infact they are being improved in accuracy? Please post if you do. Thanks.
sgtsatan
+0|6700
Ok i have the M95 and when i shoot there head BAM! they die so idk what u ppl r doing either u cant use the scope right or UR STANDING UP. I mean u ppl complain that u cant hit them when ur 10 ft away well if ur standing up no sh!t u tryi holding a 10 pound rifle steady

and another thing if i shoot them with the m95 and they live they only have 2 bars left so all u gotta is pull out ur pistol and *tat tat* and they will die so easy

(i registered just so i could post this)
bs6749
+3|6766
The deviation for sniper kits is the same whether standing, crouched, or prone so it is NOT more accurate in either of the stances, rather it's the same throughout each.
sgtsatan
+0|6700
^bs ive tried it b4 it is
Deathsc-O-pe[CoD]
+0|6793
Your not always going to be able to finish them with ur pistol because they'll run unless they r stupid and even if u have the crosshair on their head everytime(with the m95) u r not always going to hit them in the head, but the m24 will hit them where u put the crosshair more consistantly then the m95 almost always.  I looked at ur stats SgtSatan435 and u r not very experienced I feel i would know more about the M95 than u(no offense).  But since the m24 is more acc than the m95 we have to assume that m24 will hit ur opponents head more than the m95 will.

Last edited by Deathsc-O-pe[CoD] (2006-01-14 16:21:55)

bs6749
+3|6766

sgtsatan wrote:

^bs ive tried it b4 it is
Yeah you are right. I checked WIKI or whatever and now they show deviations for standing/crouched/prone that are not the same numbers as they used to be. My mistake, sorry. Going off of old info I guess.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard