Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6681|Washington, DC

BF2's lame now
2142 has terrible teamwork
America's Army is slow

I'm downloading CS:S again, but I lost interest in it a while ago. Are there ANY games as great as the old BF2 out? Or do I have to wait until some game company decides to copy DICE's idea without all the shitty parts?
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6506|The edge of sanity
got search? topics been done before. Anyways CoH is good. Medeival kicks ass, rainbow six vegas pwns.
Hurricane
Banned

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

got search? topics been done before. Anyways CoH is good. Medeival kicks ass, rainbow six vegas pwns.
I've got CoH, it's like it was programmed by DICE programmers on crystal meth. The game just randomly freezes my computer for no apparent reason.

Might as well state what I like: Good RTSes, FPSes, good racing games
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6703
Supreme commander is great fun online, especially when you get huge battles with hundreds if not thousands of units. It's incredible all the way.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6524|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I would have to say Company of heroes, Call of duty 2, STALKER
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6303|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

Hurricane wrote:

BF2's lame now
America's Army is slow

I'm downloading CS:S again, but I lost interest in it a while ago. Are there ANY games as great as the old BF2 out? Or do I have to wait until some game company decides to copy DICE's idea without all the shitty parts?
i just got armed assault and its a very good fps. my friend just got stalker and the graphics look awesome. depends what genre you are into i guess. i'm a fps fan myself, but one mans fps is another mans shit.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6770|California

STALKER is cool, C&C 3 is a good choice. Not much other than those at the moment
aLeX
.?
+160|6381|:D

I find solitaire both enjoyable and a challenge!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6544|N. Ireland
STALKER and Armed Assault sucked in my opinion. Un-installed them both within 20 minutes of playing them. Call of Duty 2 is great if you are bored / want some intense rifle action.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6600|UK

l-aLeX-l wrote:

I find solitaire both enjoyable and a challenge!
Hell yea
eagles1106
+269|6634|Marlton, New Jersey.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6519

daddyofdeath wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

BF2's lame now
America's Army is slow

i just got armed assault and its a very good fps. my friend just got stalker and the graphics look awesome. depends what genre you are into i guess. i'm a fps fan myself, but one mans fps is another mans shit.
If he thinks AA is too slow than he will cry at AA.

And yeah if you like RTS try Medieval II Total war. Very fun. I don't think that many exceptional FPSes have been released recently so if you want FPS than hang in there.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6723|Colorado

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Supreme commander is great fun online, especially when you get huge battles with hundreds if not thousands of units. It's incredible all the way.
QFE! SC will be a game I play for the next decade, the faster your computer the better edge you have as well.
https://www.pixelkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/Supreme_Commander_E3-13.jpg

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2007-03-30 16:53:27)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6576|South Florida

Hurricane wrote:

BF2's lame now
America's Army is slow

just keep waiting, crysis is coming
www.crysisbb.com
15 more years! 15 more years!
sithao
+63|6676|Los Angeles, California

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

BF2's lame now
America's Army is slow

www.crysisbb.com
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6676|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I can't wait for Spore...that game sounds awful addicting...  and that screenie above looks AWESOME.
Widow_Warrior
+7|6538|SOUTH ENGLAND

Hurricane wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

I've got CoH, it's like it was programmed by DICE programmers on crystal meth. The game just randomly freezes my computer for no apparent reason.

Might as well state what I like: Good RTSes, FPSes, good racing games
GTR 2  The ultimate racing sim
C&C 3
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6496|The Land of Scott Walker
Rainbow Six: Vegas has impressed me. I was never a fan of the tactical shooters but this one has an easy interface to get your team to do what you want.  None of the annoying planning at the beginning where you have to map your movements.  Now you just point where you want your guys to go and hit Space.  Lots of sweet weapons and a ton of fun.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6789|Toronto | Canada

sithao wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

BF2's lame now
America's Army is slow

www.crysisbb.com
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6825|Noizyland

My vote goes to S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I'm having a lot of fun with that game right now. Can't wait for Crysis though, I'll probably cry when it destroys my machine.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ryan
+1,230|6893|Alberta, Canada

lol I asked the same thing awhile ago.
I'm waiting for these games:

GTA IV
Crysis
Alan Wake
World In Conflict

Those are the games I'm gunna get, and they'll keep me occupied for months
Hurricane
Banned

Ty wrote:

My vote goes to S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I'm having a lot of fun with that game right now. Can't wait for Crysis though, I'll probably cry when it destroys my machine.
Yeah, if I try to install Crysis on this machine I'll have a core meltdown - literally =p my poor Athlon 64 will be no more.
Ryan
+1,230|6893|Alberta, Canada

Meh, it won't destroy your PC's guys. Just put it at medium settings and you'll be fine. Trust me, the game looks great at medium settings. You won't melt your cores lol.
Reciprocity
+721|6631|the dank(super) side of Oregon

leetkyle wrote:

STALKER and Armed Assault sucked in my opinion. Un-installed them both within 20 minutes of playing them. Call of Duty 2 is great if you are bored / want some intense rifle action.
it takes about an hour to even get comfortable in STALKER.  you might wanna try playing past the intro movie.

I think it's an excellent game, especially for young company based in the Ukraine, even if it took them 6 years.  the graphics are a bit dated the the lighting is damn near second to none if your computer is good enough.  once you get a feeling for the world, it can be a very immersive experience.  think of as a sort of Oblivion with guns, lots of guns.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard