Poll

Will the new patch put an end to the whining?

Yes16%16% - 22
No83%83% - 110
Total: 132
cellness
+0|6648
Regarding whining, etc. Speaking for myself and others I know that play this game, I think the problem that the "whiners" have is that the "noob" tactics take away from the suppossed style of gameplay that this game promises. This isn't Doom, Quake, or UT, where superhuman freaks with futuristic uber-weapons fly around the screen constantly shooting in every direction. This game is set in current times with real weapons with "normal" human beings.

To many players, the expectation is that this game, while obviously never being able to come close to what real life would be like, is going to offer the player gameplay that resembles real-life combat situations and tactics. To that end, you aren't going to see in real-life:

- Soldiers running around with their GL's armed, and then shooting them at the feet of an enemy that's 2 feet in front of them. Obviously, they would probably kill themselves. GL's are used with much more care in live combat, and shot at emplacements where hand grenades are not effective.

- Soldiers with C4 throwing the explosive nilly-willy, and then detonating it a half-second after throwing it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but placing and arming C4 is done with care, and it is certainly never used as a pseudo-grenade. I also bet that using C4 to blow up occupied enemy vehicles in live combat is something that probably *never* happens, but that's something that can be forgiven in this game, if the "noobness" is removed.

-Soldiers running around the battlefield "evading" enemy fire by constantly jumping up and down. Not only would this not be effective (one bullet would drop the soldier, where in BF2 it takes several bullets), human beings can't jump that high (especially when loaded down with weapons and equipment), and jumping like that several times in a row would be extrememly fatiguing. Of course, actually shooting with accuracy or reloading a weapon would be near impossible while trying to jump up and down. Dolphin diving is even less realistic.

Certainly, there's always going to be whining, but I think that once the extremely unrealistic tactics are removed, more players will be happy. Those who whine about having their noob tactics removed will be recognized for what they are and ignored. Don't confuse "whining" with legitimate complaints. I think for most mature players, the more realistic the game is, the better they will like the game.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6689|Melbourne, Australia
no - were takin out bunny hopping and dolphin diving... and when i play i see a bloody lot of em.. and when there tactic is gone,... its there turn to bitch
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6728|Brixham, UK

zimmer92 wrote:

DUFFKING wrote:

Is the red tag glitch going yet?
its not a damn glitch for gods sake. people actually just modify files do it comes up red. no glitch. never has been. theres even instructions on how to do it.
Funny how my name has come up red for other people before then, without me editing my own files?
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6658
Instead of listening to all these fat nerds crying fix the REAL problems in the game specially the crashing to desktop and name tag bug

lol @ the pic with the purple shit all over looks like you're character is on drugs haha.
chickenmuncher
+2|6720| U.S.A.

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

chickenmuncher wrote:

Pshh people are gonna start saying, "The length of the spirnt doesn't live up to my sandards" or "A 200 round Mag on the M249 doesn't suit my trigger happy needs" orr "Why can't tanks go in water?" orrr "Why don't we get ABOMBS????"

No matter what the smallest thing will piss anyone off.
you have to admit, watching an ABOMB explode in a game would be pretty sweet....just once maybe...then your character dies of radiation like 2 rounds later?
Hahaha, you the would be cool, or like a 50 pound bomb from a plane you call in, like an airstrike....that'd be pretty cool to.

An abomb would dominate.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6814|Germany / Saxony
I think the whining will continue, but other ppl. start to whine. I.e. me, that I can´t no more shoot while jumping... I will comlain every day about this... Some say, the new patch makes it a lil bit more realistic...
But if ppl can´t shoot whie jumping this is totally unrealistic. Even me, as an fat and untrained retard, can shoot a gun while jumping....
I hate this f*ckers, wich whined about this and finally win...
FU FU FU FU FU
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
ViPeY
+0|6649|Hampshire, England
there will always be whining - fact of life.  If EA/Dice manage to please everyone then that would be quite a turn around as I don't think they please anyone at the moment

Last edited by ViPeY (2006-01-14 11:10:36)

Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6654
Until the jeeps, tanks, APCs, Helis, and jets get a major downgrade, I will not ever be satisfied with this game.

"Go fucking play fucking CSS you fucking infantry faggot, fuckied fuck fuck fuck shit noob bitch faggot whiner......"

Its not that I don't like vehicles, its that they just dominate too much.  The APC needs a reduced rate of fire and less area damage.  The tank needs a less accurate machine gun and a slower main cannon reload.  The jeep should die with 1 rocket 100% of the time. The heli needs less armor.  The AA guns need to hit 100% of the time.  Hand grenades need to be more effective against vehicles when thrown underneath of them.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-14 11:13:40)

thinner44
+1|6779

the_heart_attack wrote:

what idiot voted yes?
When I finally picked myself up off the floor through laughing.... I voted 'yes' . I really should wait for the patch to come out, I just thought I would say yes because I like to live life on the edge (and hope that EA address all the problems they promised to fix)... I'm also delusional
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6724
On the list of 'confirmed fixes' mentions nothing about jumping & prone spamming, but does mention limiting the splash damage on Grenade Launchers as well as giving them   an arming time so they can no longer be used to attack at close range.
CGS_Junior
+-4|6648|Cincinnati
I think the whinning will still be going on just on other things.  Everyone finds something to whin about in this game.  Just play the damn game.  Isn't that why you bought it?
Speelbal
+146|6722|Netherlands

cellness wrote:

Hey Speelbal, maybe I can give you a little help with your video problems. I'm not certain about the 1st and 3rd screenshots, but the 2nd screenshot is (to the best of my knowledge) a problem called texture corruption. I know this because I spent quite a long time researching this several months ago when I suffered the same problem. The problem manifested itself with BF1942 and Vietnam, and eventually with BF2, although it didn't do it so much with 1942, which I played alot more than Vietnam, but it was really bad with BF2, which prompted me to get to the bottom of the problem. No other games that I had would cause the problem (except I think UT2004, which I only played once at a LAN party). I think the reason that the BF series triggered the problem was that they taxed my video card and overall system much more than anything else. So the problem wasn't with BF, but with my system overall.

The way to resolve this problem is basically the same as any other video problem. Follow all the basic steps, such as updating video drives, GART/AGP drivers, turn off overclocking, change AGP apeture size in the BIOS, etc, etc. In my case, the thing that seemed to resolve the issue, oddly enough, was setting the AGP apeture to 256MB. I had avoided doing this for a long time because common knowledge was to set it at about 128. However, the Omega Drivers page said to turn it up, so I did and presto the problem disappeared. Also, using the Omega Drivers seemed to help with the problem somewhat before I stumbled upon the final fix.

It appears to me that the 1st and 3rd screenshots are also video related, so I would guess that if you fixed the texture corruption problem, you may also fix the other video issues. Do a search on "texture corruption" and you should find a lot more info to help you.

Good Luck!
First of all, welcome to the forums.

Second, thanks for putting so much efford in this. Sadly  enough, I allready know this, I dowloaded the Omega drivers etc.. and the problem with the second pic is resolved. Only the first pic is really annoying. When I join a game, (by the way, this occurs several times but not all the time) it freezes for 30 seconds. Turns black for 30 seconds, and after that it drops me back into the game. But it often happens when I'm spawned, thus ending me in being killed. Very annoying and happened to me very recently. Actually, when I downloaded the Omega drivers.

The thirth pic is just an EA glitch. (I think) This happens mostly when I'm commander and getting killed while I have my Commander HUD running. (Caps lock, when you can do UAV's and stuff). I still have the Co screen on instead of the respawn screen. If the game ends that way, and a new round begins, I have no fog. Nice glicth, you think, only thing is: I  can't move. If I press alt-tab and go back, the problem is fixed. Don't exaclty know if it's my system prob or just another bug in the game.

Well, if anyone thinks he or she can help me, be my guest, I will even send you flowers if you want to, but I'm sure you don't know what my problem is.

For your information, these are my system specs:

Fabric: IBM
Processor: Intel Pentium M processor 1.70 Ghz, ~800Mhz
Memory: 766 RAM
Video: ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 series ---AGP chipset---(Omega 2.6.87) 64 mb (only)
Audio: Sound MAX Digital Audio (onBoard)

Bye bye now.
CGS_Junior
+-4|6648|Cincinnati
Sucks to be you.  That stuff looks like it would be aggervating.  I'm glad i don't have that problem.
Masta_Daco
+39|6706|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

Until the jeeps, tanks, APCs, Helis, and jets get a major downgrade, I will not ever be satisfied with this game.

"Go fucking play fucking CSS you fucking infantry faggot, fuckied fuck fuck fuck shit noob bitch faggot whiner......"

Its not that I don't like vehicles, its that they just dominate too much.  The APC needs a reduced rate of fire and less area damage.  The tank needs a less accurate machine gun and a slower main cannon reload.  The jeep should die with 1 rocket 100% of the time. The heli needs less armor.  The AA guns need to hit 100% of the time.  Hand grenades need to be more effective against vehicles when thrown underneath of them.
what the fuck dude so u want that a infantry is equal to any vehicle thats just bullshit i only agree with the jeep thing but that the AA hits 100% of the time thats just bullshit its the same like if any airplane had 4 cluster bombs 
and more boost what u are saying is just nonsense
CGS_Junior
+-4|6648|Cincinnati
Vehicles are always better then straight up infantry everytime.  Look at all the games.
ishbu
+0|6661
I play as the squishies all the time, and although vehs are better, infantry can move where vehs cant, and they can do a lot of stuff better than vehs.  so it depends.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
if fucking hate the bullshit AA 100%, 70% tops (stinger). no more bunny hopping? that made games better, half-life 2 gravity gun anyone?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Fearnight
+0|6705
Of course not. When something gets nerfed the people exploiting that feature become the ones that bitch.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.
i dont mind bunny hoppers/dolphin divers since instead of bitching, i just learned how to actually aim. i suggest everyone else does this too. also i dont think that they should have reduced hitpoints since they are making the AA much better. now anything that is flying will instantly die the second AA locks onto them. now there is not ever going to be anyone flying. also since the hitpoints are down, a chopper will go down in seconds from a HMMWV or vodnic. also not being able to jump while throwing grenades is fucking stupid. anyone that knows how to throw an object (grenade, ball, rock or anything) if you want to be able to throw it farther, you jump and throw it. its something that happens in real life.

so for everyone that complained about this game, good job, you fucked it up. way to go pussies.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6654

Kamikaze17 wrote:

i dont mind bunny hoppers/dolphin divers since instead of bitching, i just learned how to actually aim. i suggest everyone else does this too. also i dont think that they should have reduced hitpoints since they are making the AA much better. now anything that is flying will instantly die the second AA locks onto them. now there is not ever going to be anyone flying. also since the hitpoints are down, a chopper will go down in seconds from a HMMWV or vodnic. also not being able to jump while throwing grenades is fucking stupid. anyone that knows how to throw an object (grenade, ball, rock or anything) if you want to be able to throw it farther, you jump and throw it. its something that happens in real life.

so for everyone that complained about this game, good job, you fucked it up. way to go pussies.
The problem with bunny hopping is that the hitboxes are messed up when you jump.  So even without lag, you put your 100% accurate weapon over them and shoot, the bullets might not hit.  What you don't understand is that bunny hopping doesn't make you harder to hit because you are in the air, it makes you harder to hit because the hitboxes are off.  In this case, you can't just get better and hit them... because the hitboxes are messed its not your fault that your shot didn't register.

First of all, you should actually specify that you are talking about Air Vehicles you moron, so someone who hasn't read what will be changed in the patch will know what the hell you are talking about.  AA is getting better, but there are so few AA stations, so it really doesn't make that much of a difference.  They aren't reducing health by that much you moron, it will still take 2 stingers to take out a chopper/jet, but they might be down to red health instead of being at half.

You must look pretty stupid jumping before you throw things in real life.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-14 15:39:14)

WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6703|Oslo, Norway
There will always be something to whine about, maybe the next thing is the PKM...
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

Kamikaze17 wrote:

The problem with bunny hopping is that the hitboxes are messed up when you jump.  So even without lag, you put your 100% accurate weapon over them and shoot, the bullets might not hit.  What you don't understand is that bunny hopping doesn't make you harder to hit because you are in the air, it makes you harder to hit because the hitboxes are off.  In this case, you can't just get better and hit them... because the hitboxes are messed its not your fault that your shot didn't register.

First of all, you should actually specify that you are talking about Air Vehicles you moron, so someone who hasn't read what will be changed in the patch will know what the hell you are talking about.  AA is getting better, but there are so few AA stations, so it really doesn't make that much of a difference.  They aren't reducing health by that much you moron, it will still take 2 stingers to take out a chopper/jet, but they might be down to red health instead of being at half.

You must look pretty stupid jumping before you throw things in real life.
if you dont realise that im talking about air vehicles then you are the moron. i was talking about the AA so did it make you start thinking i was talking about a tank? and whenever someone is bunny hopping, i will rarely ever miss them. it is still easy to hit them no matter how the hitboxes are, so why cant anyone else do this? already, 2 AA shots makes it go down to red, so if they reduce hitpoints then 2 AA shots will destroy it. good job being the moron here.
=VnR=Batman8
+0|6679
happy on that ea is doing that cause my clan has great shoot skills but damn other teams who use the damn bunny hopping crap is dum special dolphin diving ull see the real game
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.
oh and i am happy that they are taking out the jumping and shooting and dolphin diving, i just think you should be able to jump and throw things.
WildBlueYonder
+0|6708|New Brunswick Canada

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

I don't agree at all the weapons on the armour are completely realistic, why reduce the rate of fire? you come face to face in an open street with an APC you my friend are FUBARed. AA will never hit 100% of the time or we would lose too many pilots thats what counter measures are for. Granted they should hit more often than they do now. Jeeps DO die from one rocket one GL if you get a good shot. Heli's are getting less armour. Hand grenades no longer do squat to modern amoured vehicles, hence anti armour weapons (rockets etc).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard