Poll

your flight controls?

keyboard55%55% - 96
joystick44%44% - 77
Total: 173
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6405|Michigan, USA

I rarely fly now because I left my joystick at my mom's house, so, [sadly], I have to use my keyboard if I ever fly now.  It's really sad too when I'm on a map and a jet is just sitting there and no one is near.  I feel bad if I don't take it but can't fly very well with keyboard & mouse.  I wish I had my joystick
LT.Victim
+1,175|6555|British Columbia, Canada

leesupport wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

http://www.saitekusa.com/USA/images/product/pcp/x52.jpg
Yes there are cheaper controls, but these are top- of the line. Work great for me. Plus it makes driving any land vehicle or RIB fun to drive.
i got same thing:) so far works great for me and i can do not that bad in jet. it all depends the player
I've got it too..

Got it on sale for less then half price, so i'm happy

My old Logitech extreme 3D pro held up for like 5 months before i broke it, so i hope this one will last a long time.
leesupport
+39|6675
so far mine has lasted long time.. and i got mine when it first came out. lol so i paid full price.
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6548|An Hour North of Indy
Joystick for jets, KB&M for helos. I find that there is stuff you can do with KB&M in choppers that is really hard to do with a joystick.

Last edited by >LOD<Dougalachi (2007-03-28 15:39:56)

seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6588|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

Joystick for jets, KB&M for helos. I find that there is stuff you can do with KB&M in choppers that is really hard to do with a joystick.
like what.
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6548|An Hour North of Indy

seymorebutts443 wrote:

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

like what.
Well, it is pretty hard to move the throttle in the increments that I usually use when choppering with the joystick that i have. I picked up my joystick about a month ago and swear by it for jets. I still have not adapted yet for helicopters. BTW, real helicopters have a collective, tail rotor pedals, and a cyclic for controls, each with its own separate means of control, not just a joystick with integrated tail rotor and a throttle. I consider myself a skilled chopper pilot, ask my many frequent gunners.

Last edited by >LOD<Dougalachi (2007-03-28 15:49:30)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

I got a joystick, but just cant use it. I find it hard to even line up targets for a bombing run.

So, its K+M all the way
Ryan
+1,230|6836|Alberta, Canada

Joystick....
and mouse.

lol Naw, just KB+Mouse.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6446|USA
Where is the mouse option...
VicktorVauhn
+319|6385|Southern California

seymorebutts443 wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

http://www.saitekusa.com/USA/images/product/pcp/x52.jpg
Yes there are cheaper controls, but these are top- of the line. Work great for me. Plus it makes driving any land vehicle or RIB fun to drive.
can you set a speed with the land vehicles with the throttle? i've always wondered.
Yes, in fact if you have a USB steering wheel like they use for PS2 you can plug it in and have actual throttle, brake and steering controls (as in not just on off)

This pole doesn't really represent anything though, Everyone who plays has a keyboard on a mouse (or some close variation) while a joystick has to be bought. It's only reasonable that more people would just use what they have.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6743|the middle of nowhere
Joystick. No other way to fly.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85
Straight keyboard. I'd say I'm pretty good at it too.

I have a joystick and use it for jets, but helo...screw that.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6391|6 feet under
I would start flying, but i can't get my deadzones set up correctly. Help please. if you want to help, please PM me
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6387|The Gem Saloon
i dont fly so the only joystick i use is in my pants
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6638

RDMC(2) wrote:

You should have added Keyboard + MOUSE
yeah I use keyboard + Mouse
ethrion
+25|6386|Hong Kong @ the moment
On the rare occasion I fly I have to use a keyboard and mouse because I dont have a joystick. However, I am very tempted to get one because I know for a fact my flying skill would increase tenfold with one. I think i'd still stick with a mouse and keyboard for helo piloting though.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6803|NÃ¥rvei

A cheap Logitech without the mofo ffb for planes, M&KB for chopper !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
CrazeD
+368|6665|Maine

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

like what.
Well, it is pretty hard to move the throttle in the increments that I usually use when choppering with the joystick that i have. I picked up my joystick about a month ago and swear by it for jets. I still have not adapted yet for helicopters. BTW, real helicopters have a collective, tail rotor pedals, and a cyclic for controls, each with its own separate means of control, not just a joystick with integrated tail rotor and a throttle. I consider myself a skilled chopper pilot, ask my many frequent gunners.
It's very easy to incrementally increase/decrease throttle with a joystick...all you have to do is move a lever. Plus, the throttle stays where you put it... so you don't have to tap the keys constantly.

As you can tell, I use a joystick for choppers and jets.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
Kb@m
zeidmaan
+234|6408|Vienna

steelie34 wrote:

heres my cyborg.  i like the big throttle lever on the base...

http://www.techareaone.com/images/cyborg_evo.jpg
I got the same one. Cheap as hell but really great.
KB+mouse for choppers and Joystick for airplanes. I just cant get used to flying choppers with a Joystick. But with planes I hate when I'm using a mouse and I ran out of space on the mat so I have to lift the mouse and stuff like that.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

Joystick for jets, KB&amp;M for helos. I find that there is stuff you can do with KB&amp;M in choppers that is really hard to do with a joystick.
Same here. Aww we have so much in common Doug.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6731|The Hague, Netherlands

Varegg wrote:

A cheap Logitech without the mofo ffb for planes, M&KB for chopper !
doesn't matter varegg, you don't hit a rhino anyway

j/k darling
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Chorcai
+49|6640|Ireland
K&M for zee choppa, Joystick for Jet.
d3x74
+14|6639|NY
A sticky joystick called mypenis.

It brings forth great happenis.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6456|Tyne & Wear, England
I'm turning into a good chopper pilot, and for that I use keyboard and mouse.  However I find it easier to use a joystick for jets, even though I cant fly jets for shit.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard