Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6283|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Yawn. I wake up and stretch my arms, sunlight pours through the glassless window of my dark hut. Death isn't so bad it seems, i've only been asleep 15 seconds. I remember watching the seconds tick away helplessly, taking the time to check my stats and select who I want to be re-born as; Medic - sometimes you have to give something back to the world in little brown packages of love. I'll go do my bit and get back in the fight, think I'll turn up in style in the M1A2 no-one is using.
<OUTSIDE>
Wait a minute, a dirty red has taken my tank and is trying to cap the flag, and I'm the only one here! Awww man I new I should have been AT/Spec/Eng, any of those would have been better. Now I'm going to take another 15 second nap from a SABOT shapped sleeping pill, if only there was a way a medic could take on a tank.

<WARNING - this technique only works against the less intelligent player, but hey, arn't there plenty of those around anyway?>

Get in sprint mode and run towards the tank. "TOWARDS" I hear you question in a little girls voice. Yes towards, and make sure you head around his back so he really can't see you. If you make it up to the body of the tank he won't be able to shoot you. So what now? Isn't he just going to drive away? Well if you were spec ops you'd have put some C4 on his armour plated ass, and this guy didn't take the time to work out what unit type you were before you dissapeared from sight. He now has 3 choices:

1. Sit there and be blow up from the C4 that has manifested in his mind
2. drive away from you to get the angle to shoot, however this will only help give you the safe detonation distance for the C4 he's sure you put on him.
3. Get out of the tank and leg it.

Trust me, 80% of the times i've done this the driver has jumped out, better no tank than death he's thinking, well give him both.
All you have to do is get behind him (ever noticed how spec ops always C4 the back of the tank? That's why you're behind, it all adds to the illusion) and press E (or whatever your enter key is) repeatedly until they jump out.

Now all you have to do is drive away and reward his predictability with a SABOT enema.

The only risks you run are:
1. Them realising your a medic and thus no threat and not getting out (it does happen, but hey, you were going to die anyway)
2. They are an ATer in which case they'll probably put a frustrated rocket up your tush before you paint the floor with them, big deal.
3. They're spec ops, but if you drive away quick enough he wont have time to C4 you up, he'll have his carbine out thinking he can pop you not realising you're getting yourself a new hardend steel ensemble.

Trust me, it not only works, it's funny.

-- The psyche of your enemy --

Last edited by Ninja_Kid2002 (2007-03-28 01:38:29)

Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6510|Sydney, Australia
I think it's a good tactic, but it's risky because you've got to get the timing just right. If that was me, I think I would just wait until the tank captured the flag and left, and then I'll go in and capture it back.
Ninja_Kid2002
Sure, your method is safer, and you probably get 4 points out of it. But if I wanted safety I'd find myself a quiet spot on the map and hide all round. Atleast my way we don't lose a flag atall, we retain a tank, and we don't allow the reds to take our flag and then rape the next flag allong with one of our tanks.
Yours is much safer for sure, but my method is the team player's alternative.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6638|Little Bentcock
Pull out 'C4' (medipack) to add to it
cospengle
+140|6503|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Vub wrote:

I think it's a good tactic, but it's risky because you've got to get the timing just right. If that was me, I think I would just wait until the tank captured the flag and left, and then I'll go in and capture it back.
Me too, but the OP wrote a nice story. And he's mostly right. It wouldn't work on me though since I prefer tank and death rather that no tank and live (<---stats ).

The only bit I disagree with is the tank staying close in case you're Spec Ops. In my experience Spec Ops will still blow themselves up to kill a tank, and if the tank's capping a flag then they definitely will (quite rightly too, if there's no other choice).
ethrion
+25|6409|Hong Kong @ the moment
Haha! Great tactic!

Last edited by ethrion (2007-03-28 02:14:50)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6455|Brisbane, Australia

if i am in that situation, i immediately reverse - run over medic/spec ops. but i guess the average player doesnt do that

EDIT: i will def try that though if i am in the situation lol i like the idea

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2007-03-28 02:16:47)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6535|Adelaide, South Australia

Three words:

Jihad. Tank. Master.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6636|Mhz

So, say you're driving the tank and you see some un-identified guy run behind you... and you think their first thaught will be get out? No, no, no, what it actually is, is put the beast in reverse and crush your head.

If theis works as much as you say then i honeslt feel bad to the mental state of the people you play with lol.
cospengle
+140|6503|Armidale, NSW, Australia

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

If theis works as much as you say then i honeslt feel bad to the mental state of the people you play with lol.
It does work ...occasionally. I've noticed that if you're Engi and placing mines around the tank they will jump out if they think you might be Spec Ops.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6637|Gold coast, Aus.
Wouldn't work against me, thats for sure. If for instance, I am armour whoring on an a rare occasion, i would keep spawning back at the base - and stay in the tank til the end.

Also - I've played to the point a quick glance is all i need to recognize virtually everything about an enemy. What kit, what weapon there holding out, and what skill level there at.  The ability to recognize if there a good player or not, comes with time, and sometimes you can be wrong. But just the way they move ect, you can tell if they know what there doing or what.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6406

I once did something like that on wake.  The guy tried to back off - there were three of us, and me directly in front of the tank.  I was a sniper, the others were Spec ops and AT, so the guy panicked and reversed.  Right off the side of the town and into the beach and water.  We joined him and the ending was quick.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6338|Orrstrayleea
Yeh, i always seem to have the wrong kit for the wrong situation, i got so frustrated one time that i tried to defiblerate a tank

=me dead
Ninja_Kid2002

gene_pool wrote:

Wouldn't work against me, thats for sure. If for instance, I am armour whoring on an a rare occasion, i would keep spawning back at the base - and stay in the tank til the end.

Also - I've played to the point a quick glance is all i need to recognize virtually everything about an enemy. What kit, what weapon there holding out, and what skill level there at.  The ability to recognize if there a good player or not, comes with time, and sometimes you can be wrong. But just the way they move ect, you can tell if they know what there doing or what.
Remember, if the tank driver is looking at you during your entire run up to him, your not going to make it past your toes before a volley of shells and .50cal fire comes your way. Time the run for when he's not looking obviously, he'll only catch a glimpse of your head as you get close.
A smart player would notice that the helmet/cap is that of a medic and not the berret/cap of a spec ops, but like i said, this doesn't work on smart players.

As for the reversing over you thing, don't stand directly behind, just to the side, but at the back. That's where spec ops would put the C4, and anyone with 2 brain-cells to rub together knows that lying under a 62ton tracked metal beast with the words "crush me" tattooed on your forehead is a recipe for another 15 second study of the stats, map and kit options.

-- Do not pretend to be spec ops, become spec ops in your mind, and you will become sec ops in his mind --

Last edited by Ninja_Kid2002 (2007-03-28 03:04:02)

Chorcai
+49|6664|Ireland
Only really works for PLA/USMC, the MEC have red caps !
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6535|Adelaide, South Australia

Chorcai wrote:

Only really works for PLA/USMC, the MEC have red caps !
MEC = Green
China = Red
Skorpy-chan
+127|6361|Twyford, UK

cospengle wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

It does work ...occasionally. I've noticed that if you're Engi and placing mines around the tank they will jump out if they think you might be Spec Ops.
Last time I tried that, he just ignored me, allowing me to turn and make my escape and wait for him to detonate himself.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6343|Australia
I've had people do that to me - steal my tank - but they actually were spec-ops, and had really put C4 on the tank.

I've learned now to just get blown up along with the tank, so I can respawn again and get it. Better one death and a tank then one death and a tank for the enemy.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6369|Troy, New York
Just tried this this morning, worked 3/4 times.
howler_27
+90|6703
Good tactic against noobs, as I've used it before.  However, the intelligent tanker knows that if he's seen a guy that close to his tank, he's already dead if it's a spec ops.  I immediately pull away to assess the situation if I havn't been C4'ed in short order.  An engies mine takes a little time to arm, and by then he's a corpse.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6669
excellently written. spiffy, even.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6694|Middle of nowhere
good tactic, although, i never get out of my tank, Spec-Ops or not, b/c i'm too much of a whore, not only that, but when i'm capping flags alone, i get a view where i can see all around my tank so that i can see if someone is coming (spec-ops or not) and then be able to react before then can do anything

however, you said it was against a less intelligent enemy, and i guess that doesn't count me? lol
Drexel
+43|6492|Philadelphia
No offence, but It's really easy to tell if the guy's a spec ops.  Medic has a helmet on, spec ops have that weird hat thing going on.  Medic also has a huge pack on his back where the spec ops ...
Ninja_Kid2002
To quote myself:

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

<WARNING - this technique only works against the less intelligent player, but hey, arn't there plenty of those around anyway?>
So you arn't stupid. Good for you.
Renegade
+3|6253|E-Stonia
lol nobody has used that one on me. I always assume that right before I cap a flag some spec ops spawns.
I keep my sight clear and keep moving. That is something I should try hmmm although I usually play engineer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard