Poll

What will happen to the earth and human mankind in the future?

Nothing - we'll exist forever6%6% - 8
We will continue as now and deal with problems6%6% - 8
We'll start a world war which will destoy everything16%16% - 20
We will destroy the ecology and die of starvation/toxin23%23% - 28
We will fly to other planets and build cities17%17% - 21
God will come back and save us all13%13% - 16
An asteroid will destroy the earth4%4% - 6
We will mutate to aliens3%3% - 4
Aliens will destroy or abduct us0%0% - 1
Other thing(s)7%7% - 9
Total: 121
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6451|Purdue
The sun is going to asplode.
PRiMACORD
+190|6595|Home of the Escalade Herds
If we don't figure out how to get off this rock and start colonizing space, we'll eventually kill ourselves or be victim to violent natural disasters.

Once we get off Earth our chances of living 'forever' become a hell of a lot greater.
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

Well, I think the only way for us to survive long term is to spread to other planets. If we die, it will probably be a combo, like we run out of resources and then make a huge war and stuff.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
And then all of the above.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

ATG wrote:

And then all of the above.
We are closer to killing ourselves than inhabiting other planets by far. I think its more likely the first 4 happen and thats it.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

If we don't get hit by an asteroid, then we will eventually just fall into the SUN and a few billion years. It's a fact.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6463|Connecticut
The only thing that will survive is Keith Richards.
Malloy must go
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6306|Oregon
Human mankind... as opposed to??!?!?!?

CANINE MANKIND?!!?!

beware the dawn of DOG! Watch as he licks his balls in front of our faces! THANKS FOR RUBBING IT IN!

and i chose "mutate into aliens" because that's impossible. If we mutated, we wouldn't be aliens because aliens have to come from somewhere else...
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6460|Menlo Park, CA
The way we are going, we are toast. . . .

Its not war that is going to kill us, rather the trashing of our home (earth) through toxins, and careless treatment of the enviornment. 

Its only a matter of time. . . hopefully I will be dead before all the real shit starts to go down!
Intended-Mayhem
+1|6397|Perth, Australia
dose it really matter? "we" r not gonna see or hear about it, watever happens will be many many years away, and i know i cant live forever, so why dose it matter? or kids kids kids kids kids kids kids kids kids kids grandkids might get a glimpse of wats to come, but hey doesn't effect me.

but i do hope we don't past the year 2600, we dont deserve to live that long,us humans r the virus. we destroy everything in r path. let the next stage in evolution take control
Presence
+2|6288
world w4r

we will most likely destroy ourselves before we develop the technology to terraform another planet.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

We will deplete the planet.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
l41e
+677|6618

Everything will be sucked up into black holes.

Then the universe will implode.

...Or something like that. There's a difference between reading Scientific American and understanding it.
unholypoo
unholy what?
+10|6351
You have got to be kidding me, I am the only person out of 86 who thinks aliens will bone us one day?
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6412
Since UFOs and aliens in fact do exist, I'm guessing that a small number of humans will make contact and escape from earth before it the climate changes too drastically. The aliens will enlighten the surviving group of humans as to the nature of extradimensional travel and will settle a new home for them somewhere in the universe. Thats what probably is going to happen... either that or a large number of aliens interfere before we completley pollute the earth and help us restore it.
ReDevilJR
+106|6321

unholypoo wrote:

You have got to be kidding me, I am the only person out of 86 who thinks aliens will bone us one day?
aliens, lol, war of the worlds style... i think we're more capable than any other life form, it's more likely "alien" life forms are in the bacterial form...
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada
i sayd : We will destroy the ecology and die of starvation/toxin

CUz its true.... but i also tought about: We will continue as now and deal with problems
DivineMomentofTruth
+88|6412
No...  intelligent species of life other than humans exist without question. The UFO evidence alone is overwhelming. Since these beings aren't from our solar system they are most likely multidimensional creatures that travel across spacetime from a far away galaxy or possibly a parralel universe. They are watching us and seem to be very concerned with preserving the ecosystem. There have been numerous reports of UFO sightings over nuclear reactors and storage bunkers. While most of the information regarding this is classified, some people in the know have shared information anonymously regarding these reports. UFOs have directly interfered with atmosphere and space nuclear tests done by the U.S. during the cold war.

Last edited by DivineMomentofTruth (2007-01-14 19:54:01)

snuten_i_sjoholmen
+9|6444|Svea Rike

ReDevilJR wrote:

unholypoo wrote:

aliens, lol, war of the worlds style... i think we're more capable than any other life form, it's more likely "alien" life forms are in the bacterial form...
How can that be more likely?? we have lived only a couple of million years and there is hundreds of billions stars out in space, somewere there must be some sort of being who has lived much longer than us and is much more evolved and more intelligent than we are. I'm not saying they are visiting Earth or anything but I do not belive we are the most intelligent beings in the entire universe.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6799
Eventually we'll figure out some self replicating machines that can be blasted off to a distant planet, land, gather info, beam it back to HQ, create more self replicating machines and blast them off to other planets. The future of space colonisation and indeed intelligence as we know it, will almost certainly not involve humans. We're just not suitable for that kind of thing.

Oh and to snuten:
There really isn't a whole lot of chance for much more evolved species to be out there, just looking at the timescales. For there to be the amounts of heavy elements needed for life requires a second generation star such as ours which takes up most of the time between the big bang till now, plus the requirement for a stable planet to form, life to start and evolve a whole lot without getting wiped out.

It does look theoretically like we will be the super advanced aliens that go around probing Alien rectum.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6223|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
What about human evolution? Maybe we could mutate into living in water? Like the film waterworld. Who knows. Its a really good question though. well done on a useful post.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6269

some_random_panda wrote:

The ironic thing is that if we knew that the world was going to end, we'd all probably go around:
Stealing
Killing
F***ing everyone in sight
Drinking
Generally causing disturbance - hey, the world's ending!

To quote someone I saw on a documentary about bunkers:

someone wrote:

They provided alcohol but not condoms.  Hey, it's the end of the world!  Lets all get drunk and f<beep>k each other's brains out!
+1, caus ill be fucking all of you...its true
PLus the aliens will be the dudes from the predator..
really...i think a star which supernova'd 900 light years ago would reach us in about 50-100 years

Last edited by namsdrawkcaB (2007-03-27 05:34:13)

jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6649
I totaly want to go to war with aliens from space. I just might quit smoking for that. If , ahemm, when I kill one I wanna bring it back to my place and disect it, play with it's guts and stuff
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Could be any of the above or a combination.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6269
IF aliens do come, i will defend my planet at all cost. fucking aliens WILL DIE

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard