dirtsA
+4|6378|Berlin, Germany
almost every time someone gets owned by a weapon he doesnt uses himself he starts a whinethread ...

other ppl whine about the lambert or baur or shuko or or or ... what do u want? all ppl run around with knifes or do u just want a godmode?

some ppl just cant handle with losing ... heck i got banned from a knife & pistol server because i killed em all with my defibrillator ... /shrug*
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
The Lambert and Krylov are better than the Voss IMO, people just use the Voss more so you think it is overpowered as it kills you the most.
dirtsA
+4|6378|Berlin, Germany

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

The Lambert and Krylov are better than the Voss IMO, people just use the Voss more so you think it is overpowered as it kills you the most.
aye.

i still prefer the voss over the krylov but would the lambert be aviable for assault i would only use that one. best man stopping power of all weaps imo.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Nerf the Voss? ... hmmm ... why not Nerf the Lambert and the MalKov/Turcotte? IMO I think all of these guns are closely related to that play style.

And why is it when you get killed with the Voss, the killer is the noob? IMO it is a matter of adapting (like other have said) and rethinking how you engage your enemies.
Magius5.0
+106|6382|UMass Amherst
Hate the people, not the weapon.  Me, I use any gun, anytime (check stats for proof), and I can kill pretty much anyone with anything, provided I've got the faster reaction time and (or) the better position.  The last thing I want to have is a freaking NERF dart shooter in place of my treasured marksman Bauer H-AR.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

How is the Baurs accuracy shit? It is the most accurate rifle in the game. Maybe you need to change your playing style and out wit the so called Voss noobs.
Voss is meant for close quarter battles, it does it's job well.
Baur is meant for longer ranged encounters, it does it's job well.
Stocks fall in the middle. Now learn to counter attack noob sauce.
You can't spray with a baur like you can with a voss.
As if spraying is the only possible tactic one could ever use...I hate you.
edit: I will stop hating when you when you stop thinking with tunnel vision.
No offense to you, just to the way you think due a bombardment of other jackasses misinformed opinions. Then again, opinion are, well...opinions. Good day.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-03-25 20:49:38)

Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6557|Brisbane, Aus

GR34 wrote:

No More Nerfing
well said.

Use a krylov if you can't kill someone first with a Voss. I myself can't Stand using a Voss, i couldn't get any long range out of it. I use Baur/Stock assult guns
imortal
+240|6665|Austin, TX

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Is the Voss now 2142's G36E?
Yes, any noob can use it and own. It takes no skill at all. No recoil, tons of damage and did I mention 40 bullets?
Actually, it does NOT do tons of damage.  It does less damage than the stock  assault rifles; It does the same damage as the Lambert.  Remember the Lambert, how everyone used to brag about how much they can own with it?  It also has the same Rate of Fire as the Lambert, which is higher than the stock weapons.  Granted, it does have a higher magazine capacity than the lambert; 10 more per mag.  I am not sure, but I think the Lambert edges out the Voss in accuracy, though.

I think you have been sensitized to your deaths by Voss.  Since you have started paying attention, you notice each Voss death more, and don't completely aknowledge your deaths by other means.  Of course, you may have a squad of assauts gunning for you.

The sensitivity works like this.  Say you hear something about a particular car... make it a Nissan Murrano.  Have you seen how everyone is driving this thing?  Now that I have primed you, now all the Murranos you see will jump out at you, and you will remember what I said each time you see one.  It is not that there are more ourt there, you are just noticing them more.  That is becoming sensatized to it.  For me, it is the Zeller.  Just call me sniperbait.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693

imortal wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Is the Voss now 2142's G36E?
Yes, any noob can use it and own. It takes no skill at all. No recoil, tons of damage and did I mention 40 bullets?
Actually, it does NOT do tons of damage.  It does less damage than the stock  assault rifles; It does the same damage as the Lambert.  Remember the Lambert, how everyone used to brag about how much they can own with it?  It also has the same Rate of Fire as the Lambert, which is higher than the stock weapons.  Granted, it does have a higher magazine capacity than the lambert; 10 more per mag.  I am not sure, but I think the Lambert edges out the Voss in accuracy, though.

I think you have been sensitized to your deaths by Voss.  Since you have started paying attention, you notice each Voss death more, and don't completely aknowledge your deaths by other means.  Of course, you may have a squad of assauts gunning for you.

The sensitivity works like this.  Say you hear something about a particular car... make it a Nissan Murrano.  Have you seen how everyone is driving this thing?  Now that I have primed you, now all the Murranos you see will jump out at you, and you will remember what I said each time you see one.  It is not that there are more ourt there, you are just noticing them more.  That is becoming sensatized to it.  For me, it is the Zeller.  Just call me sniperbait.
Better than I could have put it, +1.
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6722|England
HAHAHA I would love to play against you theoneandonlyx I can bunny hop, dolphin dive and kill with a voss, now let me hear you cry.
imortal
+240|6665|Austin, TX

Superior Mind wrote:

imortal wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

It helps when you take a few psychology classes. Being an old fart has its advantages.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693

imortal wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

imortal wrote:

It helps when you take a few psychology classes. Being an old fart has its advantages.
lol
Slickfish
+24|6623
The Voss is a easy weapon to use to good effect, other weapons can be just as well, but just take more skill/practice, so is it a noob weapon. Well yeah it easy to get alot out of.
So its the a good unlock for new players.

It's not as overpowered as the G36 medic rifle in bf2, but lets face it at, distance it isn't as weak as some people think.

Should it be nerfed, I dont think it should.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6446|Australia.

Masterstyle wrote:

Krylov is best! omfgwtfbbqtime
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

GR34 wrote:

No More Nerfing
The only thing you have ever said, that i agree with. Congrats.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
dirtsA
+4|6378|Berlin, Germany

Slickfish wrote:

The Voss is a easy weapon to use to good effect, other weapons can be just as well, but just take more skill/practice, so is it a noob weapon. Well yeah it easy to get alot out of.
So its the a good unlock for new players.

It's not as overpowered as the G36 medic rifle in bf2, but lets face it at, distance it isn't as weak as some people think.

Should it be nerfed, I dont think it should.
what other weapon requires more skill? dont tell me: the baur. its the same thing for me. just a bit better on long range but if you arent really bad at aiming you win easyly with it a close quater fight against the voss because it has more power. i just prefer the voss because the bigger clip and you arent fucked everytime you meet 2+ enemys on short distance.

its all about your playstyle. someone that stays more on long-mid range will find the baur as the better suited weapon while the voss is better against multiple enemys on mid-short distance.
Main_E_ak
That sky looks like ground...
+6|6549|UK
Urg. More pointless complaints about the differences between assult rifles. The differences between them are superficial, and the maths has been looked at in detail by others.

I agree with immortal's point about pschology, I saw nothing but LMGs killing me in the early days of the game.

If you don't like dying by rifles then just get in the armour or attack from longer range/out of your enemy's line of sight
Crestfallen
+27|6449|England, Leicester
This issue has been done to death it seems.  But still, no, I don't think the Voss should be nerfed.  It has a high rate of fire for close quarters, and a high degree of accuracy at short range.  The Baur is the exact opposite.  I got wasted by some guy when I was using the machine gun in close quarters against him.  Did I whine?  No, it was my fault for not providing fire from mid-long range, where the machine gun excels.  It all comes down to playing style, and how you use your weaponry.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
I hate people who whine about how the unlocks are 'better' and therefore the people that use them 'have no skill'.

Recently i've gone back to using the stock Assault Rifles because i prefer them. I did use the Voss for a while, and kicked ass with it. But now i've gone back to the stock guns, and kick ass with them too. Especially the Krylov.

Seriously, the LAST thing this game needs is a developer nerfing session like BF2 had.

So if you keep getting killed by a noob with the Voss, then, well, kill him. It aint that hard.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
If the Voss is nerfed then people will use the Krylov in its place, and because everyone is getting killed by the Krylov then people will complain about it. The Voss became the most used gun because of its low recoil and large clip size. Because most combat on camp Gibraltar (most played map) is CQC against multiple foes the Voss was seen as the best suited, so people used it the most. The people used it so much that their skill with and dependence on it increased greatly so no it is viewed as a n00b cannon. It was the same thing with the G36C, PKM and G36E in BF2 (except the G36C actually was overpowered until 1.2 when it was properly balanced).
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden

Main_E_ak wrote:

Urg. More pointless complaints about the differences between assult rifles. The differences between them are superficial, and the maths has been looked at in detail by others.

I agree with immortal's point about pschology, I saw nothing but LMGs killing me in the early days of the game.

If you don't like dying by rifles then just get in the armour or attack from longer range/out of your enemy's line of sight
That post in your link provided tons of valuable information good find, that guy knows what he´s talking about.
flogging*molly
+2|6264
I mostly play camp gib and i tend to like the stock gun over the voss.

For me it's just a matter of picking my battles, if i get right up close with a voss i might lose so i try to keep that bit further away.

But if you're some hotshot player and the voss IS over powered why not grab your voss and rip everybody on the server to bits?

After all if some newbie is deadly with the voss how good are you going to be if you're better player than he is?
jordanmillward_1
+11|6404

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

The Voss right now is way overpowered. When it gets in a noobs hand all they have to do is spray like hell, with almost no recoil and significant damage (25 damage compared to 34 with baur and the baurs accuracy is shit) All I am saying is increase recoil and lessen damage. Then all you voss fags who love to spray like hell will learn how to aim.

Sorry, can you repeat that? All I heard was "whine whine, bitch bitch".

Voss is alright as it is.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6732|Germany, near Koblenz
Simply use the owerpowered guns by yourself - or suffer silently.
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6815|Moore, OK

thebestshooter wrote:

HOW ABOUT EVERYONE WRITING THIS DAMN THREAD .....STFU.
Hi, Kettle? Yeah, this is the Pot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard