Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

I admit it, I use it.  It accounts for just a little less than 10% of my total kills, and I most certainly do not run around with it as my primary weapon.

I did however run into one of the M203 players, last night, about which people dislike.  I was on Sharqi as MEC and he was in our base by the arty.  The commander had a UAV scan running in the area so I knew this guy was coming.  I went prone with my rifle and waited.  As soon as he came around the corner he lobbed the grenade and missed me.  Instead of switching to his rifle he started bunny hopping/running away and trying to reload the launcher.  I fired with my rifle until the clip was empty, moved to my pistol and fired until that was emtpy, and only then did I go to the 203, at which point I sent him to the spawn queue. 

I also have no qualms about using it if I am heavily outnumbered.  I was on the USMC on Karkand and the MEC was capping the CP near the house at the top of the hill (upper left hand area of the map).  When I there I was alone and outnumbered 3:1.  They were nice enough to stand in a close semi-circle around the flag for me, and which point I gladly dropped a grenade in the middle of them and took out all 3.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6715|67.222.138.85
dung Bomb, I don't think you have anything to be sorry for. I will gladly throw a grenade among a group of enemys. Even if I don't kill them, I've weakened them enough to be easy tagets for my rifle. I think when someone crosses the line to whoring the GL is when they are completely inable to use a rifle and start jumping while reloading instead of taking out their rifle.
topal63
. . .
+533|6726
I don't mind that they change it, patch it, don't change it/don't patch it whatever, if they care or if they (EA/DICE) don't care.

That's the same point (TehSeraphim) already made (the "deal with it" thingy). . .

So why can't people deal with the game as it is now? I can deal with a waepon that should shoot but won't based on game-coding-as-is. I can deal with doplhin diving (it just looks goofy to me IMO).

I honestly like BF2 for 2 things:
1.) It is a comprehensive good-looking infantry FPS (I always run everthing on HIGH with 16x a-a).
+
2.) The maps are more open to your personal descision making. than other FPS's.

Whatever detracts from that I don't like.
a.) I think AA has gotten worse with each patch - and detracts from the infantry FPS game I am trying to play.
b.) The multiplay console - for selecting on-line servers - needs a lot of work.
c.) Dolphin diving - makes my $80 ($50+$30) game look retarded - I just don't like the way it looks.

Anything else doesn't bother me or interest me (except any speed/code tweaks; bug fixes; those are always welcome) - whatever else they change - means we all are playing with same game again. Back to the "deal with it" concept again. . .

Last edited by topal63 (2006-01-13 11:19:40)

Flaming_Maniac
I agree with you topal, I just wish they don't screw up the assault class to much because it is one of my favorites. (That and I think the not being able to do anything while jumping is really stupid, but that's another topic.)
topal63
. . .
+533|6726
Word up! . . . a super stupid game-coding change - to be sure!
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6817|Marathon, Florida Keys

FromTheAshes wrote:

Since they're nerfing the noobtube, Im gona noob tube-dolphin dive/bunny hop, and use it as my primary intill the next patch.

I am also gona use the c4 exploit, people are gona be so pissed at me though.
And it looks like shithead No. 1328934 has joined the game!
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
H00D3DCL4W
+0|6712
this might have been said before, but why not leave it as it is, but turn it into a one shot weapon??

I seem to remember Auto shotguns being called Noob cannons in SOF2.
Esker
+1|6735
If you want realism and total immersion join the fucking army, yeah it's just like FPS only more realistic.

This game is loosely based on realism, it is not meant to be totally realistic. The game's creators have to make the game balanced and fun, total realism would not be fun. For a start the MEC wouldn't stand a chance, the US would bomb everything and have English soldiers out there with them with crappy equipment and China would have so many people in the field at once you'd all complain about the crappy lagg.

Off topic though, but I would love to see C4 having the ability to be stuck to people, your team mates could slap C4 charges on you and you could be the ultimate suicide bomber. Now that would give you something to complain about.

"omg teh n00b jihad bombers are ruinin teh game for us omfg i use teh aol lolz"

Last edited by Esker (2006-01-13 12:28:56)

Flaming_Maniac
They should make that a class for MEC. Instead of spec ops, have the "Suicide Bomber". Wouldn't that be a fun badge to get?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

They should make that a class for MEC. Instead of spec ops, have the "Suicide Bomber". Wouldn't that be a fun badge to get?
They could even make it a two parter, like the medic and engineer.  One would be Suicide Bomber and the other would be the Martyr badge.  Once you reach Expert on both, EA/Dice sends you 72 virgins. 
YitEarp
+1|6733

Esker wrote:

If you want realism and total immersion join the fucking army, yeah it's just like FPS only more realistic.

This game is loosely based on realism, it is not meant to be totally realistic. The game's creators have to make the game balanced and fun, total realism would not be fun. For a start the MEC wouldn't stand a chance, the US would bomb everything and have English soldiers out there with them with crappy equipment and China would have so many people in the field at once you'd all complain about the crappy lagg.

Off topic though, but I would love to see C4 having the ability to be stuck to people, your team mates could slap C4 charges on you and you could be the ultimate suicide bomber. Now that would give you something to complain about.

yeah cause if i want to play a video game shooter thats immersive, the best course of action is to join the military and get shot at for real... nice spurious logic there, ya douche. 

total realism would suck, i dont like the games where in one ankle shot youre dead.  im not asking for that, im just saying even if the game is loosely based on realism, bunny hopping/dolphin diving isnt, and has no place in a tactical shooter.  if you wanna jump around like a roided up bunny shooting grenades at your feet, go play quake or some other completely arcade style shooter.
dankassasin42o
+68|6687|Reefersyde, CA
Those of you who are COMPLAINING about this patch an the GL, are NOOB TUBING FLAMING HOPPERS,  and I AM GLAD THEY ARE FUCKING UP YOUR GAME.   In RL if you walked ran hopped whatever to get to me and then pull out your GL and shot the ground next to me to kill me, id behead you before you could reload it.  and thats fact.  and before it ever exploded, i could skull fuck your remains.  stop sticking up for you skill-less asses an learn to shoot. i Cant wait for the patch. and i hope EA makes all ranked server adapt to use the new patch if they wish to remain ranked.  FUCK YOU NOOB TUBING FAGS
Flaming_Maniac
And they say video games don't promote violence...
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6731|New Hampshire

YitEarp wrote:

TehSeraphim wrote:

Kusunagi wrote:

Yes! I've prayed for a patch like this, and now it's finally coming. Now we can all fight like normal soldiers instead of a bunch of clowns who hop, dive and use the gl like their life's are depending on it.
Yes! I'm glad people can't adapt to other people's playing styles, learn to use different areas of the map (i.e. ones not involving close combat) and deal with a weapon.  Personally, after the patch comes out I might just use regular grenades and toss them right next to me, suiciding and taking someone with me.  I don't really care about the points, I just really want to piss everyone off.

If you can't learn to adapt to how people play you will never make it in this game.  I guarantee you that once the patch comes out and the noobtube is nerfed and bunnyhopping/dolphin diving reduced, players will find a new style of how to play which will still annoy everyone, netting in another round of bitching for Dice/EA to get rid of something.  As for anyone who complains about these weapons or styles of play belonging to people with no skill, if you can't shoot someone who is moving, or learn to shoot someone from a distance instead of being close enough for them to NOOB tube you (GL in close quarters) then it is indeed you who has no skill.
youre a fucking moron.  its not about failing to adapt, its not that hard to kill bunny hopping noob tubers usually, its that it completely ruins the immersion factor of the game.  it sucks when you have a well thought out strategy, working as a squad giving covering fire etc, then all of a sudden some jerkoff comes around the corner bounding around like flipper.  has not place in a present-day military themed game.  if you cant stand not being able to bunny hop so much, go play Quake ya tool.
First and foremost - if you're in a squad working as a team and get noob tubed, there is no WAY that guy should survive, unless your squad sucks complete ass.  IF you want to be tactical, you have the guy on point (out front) walkin around, gets toobed, your squad kills the tuber, and the medic in your squad revives you.  Since people can pick up your kit if you're the only medic in your squad, you have nothing to worry about.  If the tuber kills your whole squad, congrats to him - he killed 2-6 guys which is certainly worth having noob tubed cuz he owned all your asses.

Seriously - this game is LOOSELY based on reality.  You can throw so many IRL situations into the game that you want, there are hundreds.  M1A2 > T90 by far; in Desert storm we lost 2 Abrams to something like 900 or so russian made tanks.  If you want a tactical based game YitEarp, try out Americas Army - its pretty realistic and people *tend* to work better, however there's no voip - hence TS or ventrilo.

My problem is this.  The people who cry about being noob tubed are the people who run down the same alleys on Karkand and other city maps.  They run in close quarters instead of coming in onthe periphery.  Furthermore, these people do the SAME THING each time they spawn, and become overly predictable.  If you EVER see USMC lose on Karkand, it's because of this and nothing else.  The team is too predictable and always goes for hotel. gets slaughtered.  I don't hear about people complaining about grenades - aren't M203's exactly like the hand grenades, except launched?  Same kill radius, no?  The thing is, you have time to run away from a grenade.  This is why people get so pissed off - they can't run away.

So many people have complained about this that EA is nerfing the tube.  There's GOING to be something new next patch people won't be able to stand.  This game is going to continually get "more realistic" and more noob-friendly (I mean that in the sense to first time players) until we lose many of the aspects of what makes the game fun.

Yeah, I tube.  I tube in CQC, but I'll finish people off with my rifle if need be.  I tube because I was being tubed.  I also realised that (on Karkand anyway), you stop getting tubed after USMC captures hotel.  People have a harder time killing you from far off if they're bad with the tube and just use it for CQC. 

Its always the same complaints with you people.  X vehicle is too powerful.  X weapon is too powerful.  So and so killed me with x weapon.  Just admit you got killed, brush it off, and move on.  If someone kills me with a gl, yeah sometimes I get pretty pissed off but I deal with it because they killed me with a weapon.  It's not like I couldn't have done ANYTHING, there's always something you can do.  If you want to be immersed in the game, play single player or LAN, or fill an empty 16 slot server with your closest friends.  Make happy with an admin of a server.

I don't mean to flame anyone with my post, it's certainly not my intention.  Like I said in many posts I played Americas Army for 2 years and the game was great - very realistic, fun to play, infantry based, squad based, etc.  You couldn't get insta healed and if you got 203ed guess what - you could wait up to 9 minutes for the round to restart for you to play again.  Rounds were 10 minutes long and you could get hit with a 203 in the first 20 seconds on some maps because people figured out how to use the m203 like a mortar.

Point is - if anyone's ever played this game they know how it went downhill from patch to patch.  Maps came out with nades, people were getting spammed by them in the beginning (which was completely avoidable if you held back for 5 seconds or chose a different route) but noobs complained so much because they didn't learn how to adapt and overcome.  By the next patch grenades were taken out of that map, making it much more difficult in many situations seeing as it was a CQC map.

It's a game where you kill or be killed - if you get killed with a GL then call for a medic.  I find it comical when a guy kills me and himself with a tube because I know he nets no points for it.  If you keep getting tubed, don't play city maps - move to other maps where you can get planewhored instead, and then you can continue complaining about how jets are too powerful and AA doesn't work well enough.  It WILL happen, I guarantee you.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

dankassasin42o wrote:

Those of you who are COMPLAINING about this patch an the GL, are NOOB TUBING FLAMING HOPPERS,  and I AM GLAD THEY ARE FUCKING UP YOUR GAME.   In RL if you walked ran hopped whatever to get to me and then pull out your GL and shot the ground next to me to kill me, id behead you before you could reload it.  and thats fact.  and before it ever exploded, i could skull fuck your remains.  stop sticking up for you skill-less asses an learn to shoot. i Cant wait for the patch. and i hope EA makes all ranked server adapt to use the new patch if they wish to remain ranked.  FUCK YOU NOOB TUBING FAGS
Ahhh, did the big bad Assault guy blow you up with his grenade? 
fungus020
+0|6781|London - England
people using the grenade launcher over and over again didn't used to bother me. until last night and today. i thought i would play for a bit and maybe try for my vet. spec ops, so i joined a game and went about my ways killing people etc. and then BOOM killed by a grenade launcher with the guy standing right infront of me, and the BOOM BOOM constantly i kept getting killed by people using nothing but grenade launchers. i got so fed up because i wasn't really standing much chance against the launcher with my carbine. and so after a few rounds of people constantly blowing me and themselves up with them i have now come to absolutely HATE "noob toobers" with a passiona and i am extremely happy that they are being sorted out
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6817|Marathon, Florida Keys

dankassasin42o wrote:

LOL
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Esker
+1|6735

YitEarp wrote:

Esker wrote:

yeah cause if i want to play a video game shooter thats immersive, the best course of action is to join the military and get shot at for real... nice spurious logic there, ya douche. 

total realism would suck, i dont like the games where in one ankle shot youre dead.  im not asking for that, im just saying even if the game is loosely based on realism, bunny hopping/dolphin diving isnt, and has no place in a tactical shooter.  if you wanna jump around like a roided up bunny shooting grenades at your feet, go play quake or some other completely arcade style shooter.
Well I too could say "If you don't like n00b tubing and bunnyhopping, fuck off and play something else" in my argument, I haven't and neither has TehSeraphim so stop ranting on about Quake. If you want tactics play a Rainbow 6 game or AA as already suggested ya douche.

By the way the kill radius on the grenade launcher is quite a bit smaller than a normal grenade in BF2.
YitEarp
+1|6733
jesus seraphim, write an essay why dontcha.  i did play AA for a bit, but its too much of a recruiting/brainwashing tool, and it didnt have vehicles.  the customization of weapons was sweet though.  i understand your position, but half of it boiling down to 'noobs complain cuz they cant kill the l337 bunnhoppers' and a fair portion ranting about how bf2 should fit your view of what it should be.  EA has stated b4 that the bunnyhopping was supposed to be out from the start from their stamina bar, but it didnt work as intended, so i guess ill go with their position on the game(which does happily coincide with my own view of it).

did i say the noob tuber killed us?  no.  i said its annoying to see ppl bunny hopping to and fro like their feet are on fire.  getting noob tubed, i dont really care.  its slightly annoying when the guy bunny hops and shoots at his own feet though.

bottom line is ea is fixing both of those, and i support it.  you can continue to abuse game mechanics they dont want abused till then if you want to, i dont care much since its being nixxed soon anyways. 

but to claim everyone who dislikes noob tubing/bunnyhopping only dislikes it because they cant adapt and kill the cheap bastard doing it is completely full of shit.

Last edited by YitEarp (2006-01-13 15:53:45)

Flaming_Maniac
IMO they could fix all of this by just making your crosshairs go 3/4 of the way across your screen whenever you jump, instead of not being able to fire at all, more like bf1942. In that game tehy didn't even have a supportt class, and whenever you jumped with any gun it was extremely inaccurate. Putting a timer on the GL and not letting you shoot anything while jumping is a complex and needless way to fix the problem.
YitEarp
+1|6733

Esker wrote:

Well I too could say "If you don't like n00b tubing and bunnyhopping, fuck off and play something else" in my argument, I haven't and neither has TehSeraphim so stop ranting on about Quake. If you want tactics play a Rainbow 6 game or AA as already suggested ya douche.

By the way the kill radius on the grenade launcher is quite a bit smaller than a normal grenade in BF2.
except for one gaping hole in your argument... EA has stated they put in a stamina bar for a reason, to try and prevent bunnyhopping.  theyre now fixing this system to eliminate it.  theyre also fixing noob tubing(which i didnt complain about, little sensitive about that are ya?).  so i guess the difference between our arguments is mine is officially supported, whereas yours is the opinion of a pissant who takes advantage of bugs/poor implementation of game mechanics.  nice effort though, take a lap and hit the showers.

do i care about the radius?  not so much.  considering a grenade doesnt blow when it hits the ground and isnt fired with as much accuracy.  doesnt mean that the noob tube is a helluva lot easier than a nade to get kills with.

Last edited by YitEarp (2006-01-13 15:48:21)

FromTheAshes
+53|6712

dankassasin42o wrote:

K, from now on I wont use the GL, but I will suicide jihad jeep, tk for planes, and other stuff.
Esker
+1|6735
Now I thought the stamina bar was to stop you sprinting all of the time, I guess I was totally wrong. The sensitive one here seems to be you, as you're the one telling people who don't play like you want them to, to go play Quake.

I don't honestly care if they nerf the tube at all, I do however get sick and tired of people whining about this game and saying it's supposed realistic when it really is nothing more than an arcade FPS with the added feature of being able to drive vehicles.

What you need to remember is people will use any means necessary in order to win, whether it be glitching, cheating or even using something in the game that's only regarded as a "exploit" because you don't like it. Come to think of it when did I say I take advantage of poor game mechanics and glitches? But yeah I really like how everyone who doesn't agree with you is obviously an idiot and you feel the need to slip in some snide little comment or insult.

Well the radius comment wasn't actually aimed at you, but thanks for taking the time to state your feelings on it. I was merelly stating it as it was mentioned by someone as being the same as a grenade when it clearly isn't.
YitEarp
+1|6733
i was merely making a suggestion that the quake style of game might appeal to bunnyhoppers more since its much more in theme with that game.  yes the stamina bar was for sprinting as well, but as i said EA has stated that wasnt its sole intended purpose. 

and i dont really subscribe to your rational for abusing glitches, just cause some other people will doesnt mean i will.  obviously people can do what they want, i dont have a problem with that.  but when EA is fixing the game so you cant do that anymore, i dont understand why people continue to try and say its not abusing a glitch.  if i were a bunnyhopper, at this point, i would say yeah its abusing a system not working as intended, but ill use it till they fix it.  its not just that i dont like it(it doesnt even bother me that much, just a disruption of the immersion is all), its that EA's stance is that its a bug thats getting fixed, since i learned it was an abuse of a glitch, i frowned on it a little bit more because i dont like to exploit glitches(and i like to do what i can to help the immersive quality of the game). 

its not disagreeing with me that makes you an idiot, just some of the spurious logic being passed around here is laughable.

hell it sounds like we agree a fair amount on some of the topics, im just glad theyre finally getting around to fixing dolphindiving/sprint exploit/noob tubing at your own feet, and the people trying to get these changes repealed are kidding themselves if theyre thinking those tactics are legit in the eyes of EA and its purely because of whiners that the changes are occuring.  i guess thats my biggest beef with the situation.

sorry if you find the pissant comment hurtful or something, if it makes you feel better sometimes i swear like a longshoreman at my friends also.  its all in jest.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6835|Australia
look at the top GL guys, see all those suicides.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard