Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany
I'm pissed off,really pissed off!

Damn idiots,everybody wants a tank yet nobody has the ability to fix it,they just f*ck it up in 30 secs.

IF YOU WANNA DRIVE ANY VEHICLE --> BE A FRICKIN' ENGINEER!!!!

Have you ever seen these morons,preferably assault-class(because they need their noobtubes),sitting in a tank in front of a damaged bridge and he's just waiting?

He should have taken the engineer-class!

Have you ever seen people who run off in a tank only to get punctured everywhere by SRAWs,dying in about 30 secs?

He should have taken the engineer-class!

I remember the good old days of BF1942,when you entered a tank and weren't engineer all people would say that you should move your ass out of the tank and fight on foot.
If you can't repair it you are not allowed to drive it.

And that's the bottom-line cause Blindfisch said so!!!!

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-01-11 17:37:09)

kodiak90
+0|6674
dont kill ureself bout it kill them
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6675|Stillwater, Ok
Lol you cry to much...i have been all sorts of classes in a tank and in fact i had a 35 person kill streak as the medic class.  Not everyone sucks when they hop into a tank.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6750|06-01
its not so bad if you are either a medic or support class in tank.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6736|Malaga, EspaƱa
Ahm.....i dont give a shit whos in the darn tank if he dies...his problem not mine, if hes an enemy, well les rockets that i need from my Eryx.

if ur looking for a good Tank experience:

driver (any class) but a Squad Leader
Mounted MG user (Engin Kit) Squad Member
so if the tank gets under fire the Engin guy can fix it behind the tank so the enemy Tank, AT kit, APC cant shoot the engineer down.
the Driver can keep returning fire at the enemy, but when the Engineer got killed he must get the hell out of there and wait for the Engineer guy to respawn at him.

thats the best way i think.
ishbu
+0|6683
i like to run with an engi and medic, so the guy on top doesnt die like hell
cocoasdad
+0|6734
Yea there is nothing like doing it the right way.

You go as an engineer.

You kill the other tank.

You pull over out of the fight to repair while the turret gunner covers you. { and so the tank stays blue and you get the repair point.}

1/2 second before you finish and head back to the fight some idiot on your team jumps in, steals the tank and runs over a mine, and leaves you standing all alone with your little tiny jackhammer. -  good times, good times.

Last edited by cocoasdad (2006-01-12 15:30:03)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

cocoasdad wrote:

You go as an engineer.

You kill the other tank.

You pull over out of the fight to repair while the turret gunner covers you. { and so the tank stays blue and you get the repair point.}

1/2 second before you finish and head back to the fight some idiot on your team jumps in, steals the tank and runs over a mine, and leaves you standing all alone with your little tiny jackhammer. -  good times, good times.
Word.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany

polarbearz wrote:

cocoasdad wrote:

You go as an engineer.

You kill the other tank.

Word.
Fuhgeddahboutit. ;-)

Seems you guys met the same idiots I did...
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

Waah Waah Read my TK guide.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6733|Vermont
I've found that being Anti Tank in a tank can be good too (especially if you aren't yet 1337 in a tank).  If you come across an enemy tank, shoot him with your cannon, then get out and blast him with the AT rocket, then get back in.
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6726|In a van down by the river
I tend to run engineer 90% of the time in the tank.  Usually one of my clan members goes engineer and sits on top.  Commander also helps with supply drops.  What I hate is when my gunner hops out to repair, and somebody else hops in the gunner as assault/medic/support/anything that isn't engineer.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6716|New Hampshire
Doesn't matter if they're engineers - you can ride shotty and repair their asses.  Being an engi in a tank is all well and good, but you have to get your ass OUT of the tank to repair it.  Most of the times when people do this, an enemy sneaks up and takes the tank from them, blowing them away and having a full health tank to dick around with.  Or, as stated before, some dick steals your tank after you've spent all that time repairing it.  OR even better - you're repairing it, you can't see who's coming, and you get c4ed.  Should I go on or what?

If you're gonna drive be a teamclass player (medic, support, engineer) but don't do it to help yourself.  When I tank in squads, I like to have a humvee or APC following me who's also an engy so we repair each other - I think that's the best way to go about it.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6711|Melbourne, Australia
i feel ya man... the worst is when u wait for a tank as engi and as it spawns u get killed for it by a spec ops...and by the time u respawn hes allready died and has the nurve to come back an wait for it again
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany

TehSeraphim wrote:

If you're gonna drive be a teamclass player (medic, support, engineer) but don't do it to help yourself.  When I tank in squads, I like to have a humvee or APC following me who's also an engy so we repair each other - I think that's the best way to go about it.
Basically correct,but you can't count on your teammates on public servers,unless you have a buddy on teamspeak nobody is gonna follow you around all the time when the opportunity for a chopper or a tank arises.

I still use the technique from BF1942(there was no repairing nearby units) : Go kill the enemy and if you have more than half of your energy down retreat,not just from the enemy,from anybody!!
Team-"mates" who steal my tank just to get 2 kills from mowed down infantry and then get destroyed in about 20-30 secs I consider to be "potential enemies".
general_rookie
Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!!
+6|6688
minimal damage is one thing, but an engineer cant repair everything.  mines, c4, claymore, artillery, ect.

When your tank blows up because of a mine, it doesnt matter what class you are.  your dead.
thinner44
+1|6802
I like tanks and apcs, I'll drive as SpecOps, do a couple of kills (more if there's opportunity) and if another tank or apc has virtually knocked me out, I'll pop smoke, run around the back, lay a couple of bundle of C4, wait for the enemy to finish off my tank, wait for him to roll by then .. BOOM !! . This tactic has served me very well and they still come back for more

It's fun, it makes a very loud noise (bass turned up full) and it's a very satisfying kill, or two if lucky. But I won't 'whore' the tank, and I certainly won't TK for it.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6750|MA, USA
I agree Engineer is probably the smartest class to play if you know you are going to be in armor...but sometimes you don't know you are going to be in armor.  So relax.

Last edited by whittsend (2006-01-13 14:21:41)

staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6727|Houston, TX
Depending on my destination I pick medic alot too. If Im headed to a mob of my men that is. Other than that yea, Eng is the wy to go. Unfortunatly people whore armor for there badges instead on using the kit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard