The_Lone_N00b
+2|6763
I JUST GOT IT, W00T!

It wasn't that hard, i even got my first shock paddles kill that round (Against a camping sniper)

Now, I just gotta repeat that and I'll have the vet one
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6686|Howell, Mi USA
I got mine on Kubra Dam at the lower dam CP. The other team owned it i was just sneaking around down there cuttin peeps But since i was trying for so long B4 that i had over 50 kills and when i got the 7 both Basic and Vet badges came up at the same time.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
t0mhank5
+319|6704|Surge
yea.. the knife badge realy sneaks up on you. you try so hard to get it, and do horrible. but when you just knife people for fun, you get it easy. thats the way it was for me.
Orion5413
+4|6679|Irving Tx
I dont plan on getting it... the most I have got is 1 in a round,,,, never more than that I suck at being sneaky...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD

t0mhank5 wrote:

yea.. the knife badge realy sneaks up on you. you try so hard to get it, and do horrible. but when you just knife people for fun, you get it easy. thats the way it was for me.
Like I said, my computer and luck don't work that way.
SAS-Topdog
+0|6699|Victoria Australia
The way I get knifes is to sneak up behind snipers or soilders who think you havent seen them and stab them from behind
Buckshot
+0|6673
Well I'm looking for some to help me the best I have been able to get is 3 after hours of game time, that just sucks!  Anyone that wants to hook up on a map somewhere can PM me and we'll both get that elusive basic knife badge.
cat4ever
+69|6745|CATALONIA
I can't post the screen of my expert knife but I got it in 11january and in this round I got 20 knife kills:)
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany
Got Basic on Karkand,but that was just an onslaught and cost me a lot of lives.
Got Veteran yesterday on Devil's Perch and had about 11 knife kills that round.

Don't force yourself to get it,just have fun humiliating people by killing them with a knife and it'll come by itself.

One advice:Assign the knife-button to middlemouse(like I have)or something similar.
When I encountered prone enemies before having the knifebutton set to middlemouse I usually just shot them,now that I can switch to knife very quickly I use it every time.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6774|The Hague, Holland

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Got Basic on Karkand,but that was just an onslaught and cost me a lot of lives.
Got Veteran yesterday on Devil's Perch and had about 11 knife kills that round.

Don't force yourself to get it,just have fun humiliating people by killing them with a knife and it'll come by itself.

One advice:Assign the knife-button to middlemouse(like I have)or something similar.
When I encountered prone enemies before having the knifebutton set to middlemouse I usually just shot them,now that I can switch to knife very quickly I use it every time.
My middlemouse button is set to NightVision, very handy
SodaBob
+-1|6835|Indiana, US

elite wrote:

omg basic knife badge is soo easy, jesus
Excellent post, very constructive!  Also, I didn't know Jesus was on this discussion board.

Last edited by SodaBob (2006-01-13 10:54:43)

^KonAir2|Ph0sph0ruz
+0|6687
I didn't think it was so easy when I first went for my basic badge, there is a bit of skill involved to getting it. It took me a few tries. I picked up my badge on Wake Island. I was MEC and the USMC captured the flag next to the MEC airstrip and there were a ton of people coming up that hill by the near the MEC scan station. I went prone in the bushes near the trees and waited for my prey and it was easy pickings because they were watching the airfield while I knifed them in the head.
Azygos666
+0|6701
Sub pens, leviathan, and thats about all I have to say...oh and a somewhat smaller map.  A lot of people roll into the pens with their NVG's still on and its semi-blinding.  Snagged both my basic knife and basic pistol in the same round (and was like 2 kills from the explosives one).  Have fun and good luck.

-Wolf
Bacon_Bazooka
+0|6700|Chester
On Karkand as USMC Medic.

IMHO you need three things to get this badge:
1) Sneaky skills e.g. attack an enemy from the side or behind
2) UAV - to show you where the enemies are and which way an enemy is facing
3) Luck - that the enemy isn't using his minimap - that his team-mates haven't spotted you - that his commander hasn't spotted you - that his team isn't using UAV - that he isn't a noob-tubin bunny hopper that will jump backwards and blow you away when you are 2 feet away - that you don't get next to him and knife the wall instead.

Other tips:
- Use ladders (see my other post: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=10403)
- Go as Sniper or Medic (not support!) as they both have long sprints. Snipers are hard to tell apart and medics can heal themselves.
- Learn to "Run - Jump and Prone" stab
- Stab people in the legs/feet
- Stay calm when using the Knife, although the enemy probably will usually cack his pants!
- Stop still before you stab someone
- Learn the effective distance of a knife - if you are too close you will hit the wall or ground behind the enemy
- assign the Knife to an easier to find key or mouse button. Mines Mouse Button 3
- don't run round with your knife out - if you meet an enemy at medium range - he will have killed you before you can switch back to your gun
- don't pull the knife out until you are near the enemy
- practice the above on single player...

Don't give up hope on this badge... I thought I'd never get enough knife kills - now, whenever I'm in a situation that combines 1+2+3 above I pull out the knife and go for it. I have 97 knife kills and will be going for my expert shortly

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard