ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
http://space.newscientist.com/home.ns;j … FJGLKNAJIP   
Dazzling new images reveal the 'impossible' on the Sun.
https://i11.tinypic.com/2zgz02g.jpg
Charged particles follow magnetic field lines that rise vertically from a sunspot – an area of strong magnetic field. On the edges of the sunspot, the magnetic field lines bend over to connect to regions of the opposite polarity
https://i7.tinypic.com/433wc4y.jpg
Long filaments of plasma connect regions of different magnetic polarity in the chromosphere, a thin layer of the Sun's atmosphere lying between its visible surface, or photosphere, and its outer corona
NASA Study Finds Increasing Solar Trend
Science Daily — Since the late 1970s, the amount of solar radiation the sun emits, during times of quiet sunspot activity, has increased by nearly .05 percent per decade, according to a NASA funded study.

"This trend is important because, if sustained over many decades, it could cause significant climate change," said Richard Willson, a researcher affiliated with NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies and Columbia University's Earth Institute, New York. He is the lead author of the study recently published in Geophysical Research Letters.

"Historical records of solar activity indicate that solar radiation has been increasing since the late 19th century. If a trend, comparable to the one found in this study, persisted throughout the 20th century, it would have provided a significant component of the global warming the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reports to have occurred over the past 100 years," he said.
Satellite observations of total solar irradiance have obtained a long enough record (over 24 years) to begin looking for this effect.
bottom line; technical data suggests The suns output is increasing. The best scientific data is only 24 years old. Al Gore is a Disater if taken seriously.

Last edited by ATG (2007-03-22 10:58:04)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6344|Twyford, UK
Gasp. I was right all along. Who'd have thunk it?

Hell, now I can go back to polluting, spreading carbon dioxide everywhere, and using air travel needlessly.
Never mind that I can't drive, can't afford air tickets, and only emit CO2 by breathing.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

I figured they would just say " The sun ........................... its fucking hot . "      thank you for the research money
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6691|Calgary
hey, don't tread on Gore's fantasy...............
aLeX
.?
+160|6331|:D

SEREMAKER wrote:

I figured they would just say " The sun ........................... its fucking hot . "      thank you for the research money
My money was also on "New Study of the Sun.. It's Hot!" Money please kthxbi
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6530|The lunar module

ATG wrote:

bottom line; technical data suggests The suns output is increasing. The best scientific data is only 24 years old. Al Gore is a Disater if taken seriously.
The improved technical data works for us Kyotoprotocolites. Not against us.

The data, while it demonstrates that solar activity is, indeed, on the rise, also demonstrates that its effect on global warming can be estimated more accurately as minor.

Beautiful, beautiful pics by the way. Thanks.

Last edited by apollo_fi (2007-03-22 11:18:45)

topal63
. . .
+533|6718

apollo_fi wrote:

ATG wrote:

The data, while it demonstrates that solar activity is, indeed, on the rise, also demonstrates that its effect on global warming can be estimated more accurately as minor.

Yep... it is hilarious, that he theelviscreator, I mean ATG, hasn't a clue.

Article (#2) date: March 21, 2003,
... nothing worth quoting ...
As it is old news, and contradicted by other facts: like the actual radiation being measured at the surface being down, confirming Global Dimming, meaning less sun-light, doh! LOL

Last edited by topal63 (2007-03-22 11:39:00)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Hell, now I can go back to polluting, spreading carbon dioxide everywhere, and using air travel needlessly.
Never mind that I can't drive, can't afford air tickets, and only emit CO2 by breathing.
Your carbon footprint is still too large.  I suggest holding your breath for half the time you'd normally breath daily.
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6559|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
i do believe the new counter for all this is Global Dimming... sure the sun is getting brighter and/or hotter but there is more cloud cover from the polution keeping out the extra rays out... i havent done much reading on the subject yet so i will refrain from makin any bold statements .. but really and truly i dont see myself havin kids so fuck the planet i dont worry about future generations

heres some BBC documentary (best part is it starts off on sept 12 hahaha)... real or more scientific hogwash is your decision ...  http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= … al+dimming
topal63
. . .
+533|6718

SuperSlowYo wrote:

i do believe the new counter for all this is Global Dimming... sure the sun is getting brighter and/or hotter but there is more cloud cover from the polution keeping out the extra rays out... i havent done much reading on the subject yet so i will refrain from makin any bold statements .. but really and truly i dont see myself havin kids so fuck the planet i dont worry about future generations

heres some BBC documentary (best part is it starts off on sept 12 hahaha)... real or more scientific hogwash is your decision ...  http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= … al+dimming
General comment:
Not only that but look at, or read, the actual articles... they are unrelated (the new one is about images content / clarity, and the old one is not accurate about solar forcing).

Last edited by topal63 (2007-03-22 11:57:41)

ATG
Banned

topal63 wrote:

Yep... it is hilarious, that he theelviscreator, I mean ATG, hasn't a clue.
That all you got Coolaid Drinker?

apollo_fi wrote:

ATG wrote:

You guys always ignore the fact that the data is:
A) new
B) ever changing and evolving
C) subject to interpretation.

Stingray24 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Your carbon footprint is still too large.  I suggest holding your breath for half the time you'd normally breath daily.
I'd vote for 3/4.

Anyone watching Al Gore , or listening to him testify yesterday who got inspired thinking they were watching a visionary man of princible is an IDIOT.

Al Gore  wrote:

Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore testified at a congressional hearing on climate change Wednesday, warning that the world "faces a true planetary emergency."

"Global warming is real, and human activity is the main cause," he testified at a joint hearing on climate change by the House Energy and Commerce Committee and House Science and Technology Committee.
Who's the more clueless, the guy who reads both sides of the issues and remains unaffected by hysteria or the ones who blindly follow popular trends?

Some of you younger pups on the forum have no recollection of when these same pointy headed pussbag enviromentalist sky-is-falling types were screaming about the second iceage. I do.
It's harder to swallow the bullshit when you've heard it before.

Reading of the data itself, the studies and who is funding what is the only thing that can lead to an independant opinion, which is what I have.

You scare mongers should strive to have that. It allows one to identify real problems instead of being led like sheep to care about imaginitive ones.

I have never done anything but advocate for radical new fuel source funding. I have stated that I support the death penalty for repeat corpporate gross pollutors.

Last edited by ATG (2007-03-22 13:19:32)

Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6707|NL
cradle-to-cradle, FTW
topal63
. . .
+533|6718
To: theelviscreator, I mean ATG,

topal63 wrote:

SuperSlowYo wrote:

General comment:
Not only that but look at, or read, the actual articles... they are unrelated (the new one is about images content / clarity, and the old one is not accurate about solar forcing).

&

As it is old news, and contradicted by other facts: like the actual radiation being measured at the surface being down, confirming Global Dimming, meaning less sun-light, doh! LOL
Hey pups, you are younger than I. Don't pretend (to yourself) that you can preach to me about being rational.

Also, the articles are unrelated brother, you know they are(!)... you did read them - no?

And then, it skips from the unrelated material, to another Al Gore bashing, a guy I could care less about? Gee, I figured it out a long time ago - you don’t like the guy (pray-tell who else would like to compare him to - other than the unibomber? A rhetorical question).

You just started another G.W. thread, which confuses me, why not add this material to the other one you recently made: "The end of the Global Warming Debate" ?????

Last edited by topal63 (2007-03-22 13:38:19)

jonsimon
+224|6495

ATG wrote:

Al Gore is a Disater if taken seriously.
I think it's fairly irresponsible to say conserving energy and reducing pollution is a disaster.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
Is he really reducing pollution? They only seem to be concentrating on carbon dioxide emissions but none of the other emanations.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6530|The lunar module

ATG wrote:

apollo_fi wrote:

ATG wrote:

You guys always ignore the fact that the data is:
A) new
B) ever changing and evolving
C) subject to interpretation.
Que? That data was not new, it was from 2003 fcs. Here's new data, and plenty of it.

Reading of the data itself, the studies and who is funding what is the only thing that can lead to an independant opinion, which is what I have.
Independent opinion formed through research and study is a great thing. In this specific instance, however, your opinion is WRONG.

IMO.

I have never done anything but advocate for radical new fuel source funding. I have stated that I support the death penalty for repeat corpporate gross pollutors.
Hear, hear. Although, I'd favour life imprisonment for them. They'd live to see what they did to their children.
ATG
Banned

jonsimon wrote:

ATG wrote:

Al Gore is a Disater if taken seriously.
I think it's fairly irresponsible to say conserving energy and reducing pollution is a disaster.
Read my lengthy post above.

DesertFox423 wrote:

Is he really reducing pollution? They only seem to be concentrating on carbon dioxide emissions but none of the other emanations.
+1
jonsimon
+224|6495

DesertFox423 wrote:

I don't know if he is personally reducing pollution, but the ideas he is spreading certainly aid the cause. Even if they focus on CO2, reducing energy use reduces more than one kind of pollution.
PureFodder
+225|6285
@ the first link. That's some fantastic research, interesting stuff indeed.

@ the second article. It's old data. More recent data disagrees. Yawn.

@ AL Gore. It must be hard when half of your country want to tear you down simple because you used to belong to a particular political party.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

New study of the sun: ITS FUCKING HOT!

but cereal, I've been looking on with my cousin (astronomer), there has been these massive Magnetic and Plasma discharges over the last 10 years. The currents of the plasma on the sun are also changing. Some people say that its beginning to shut down internally, which means in 10 million years, we are the new Mercury.
PureFodder
+225|6285

stryyker wrote:

but cereal, I've been looking on with my cousin (astronomer), there has been these massive Magnetic and Plasma discharges over the last 10 years. The currents of the plasma on the sun are also changing. Some people say that its beginning to shut down internally, which means in 10 million years, we are the new Mercury.
I've set my watch to see how long it takes someone to blame it on Liberals/Conservatives/Muslims/Al Gore/GWB.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

PureFodder wrote:

stryyker wrote:

I've set my watch to see how long it takes someone to blame it on Liberals/Conservatives/Muslims/Al Gore/GWB.
I give it 2 years before fingers start to be pointed.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6549|CH/BR - in UK

Whoopdeedoo...looks like this has become another bash session.
I think it's great that people are trying to conserve energy and prevent pollution, but I'm sick and tired of hearing this crap about Earth's demise.

-konfusion
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6517|USA
it's hard to study sun spots - solar energy becuase they are in a cycle of 11 years (i think).

also, living in upper minnesota, global warming seems not apply.
Fen321
+54|6497|Singularity

Konfusion0 wrote:

Whoopdeedoo...looks like this has become another bash session.
I think it's great that people are trying to conserve energy and prevent pollution, but I'm sick and tired of hearing this crap about Earth's demise.

-konfusion
Yeah, the earth isn't going anywhere we are .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard