Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6773|Derby, England
I am thinking of going for my expert repair badge, but I'm extremely sceptical of being able to get the required 25 repair points within a single round without padding (I know I need the time first before anyone tells me).

As far as I know I can get repair points for:-

- Repairing assets (assuming they are blown up)
- Repairing friendly vehicles using wrench
- Repairing friendly vehicles by driving another vehicle in proximity
- Repairing friendly vehicles by repairing while in vehicle i.e. blackhawk in the back

Has anyone got any good strategies for getting 25 repair points in a round, which do not involve stat padding (which makes the award pointless)?

For example, I know about the 'sitting in the back of a jeep in water' one, which I will not be using as I believe this is stat padding. However, if this damage is taken from the enemy or just driving around, I would have no problems in driving out of the way and sitting in the back and repairing my jeep.
elite
+89|6736|Sheffield, England
ok ok, maybe padding but easy to get, go on wake island, go china, spawn south base, get the van, drive it under the bridge into the water, sit is seat f3 and constantly repair, should get it in no time, nastie_butler told me that
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6707|Espoo, Finland
I don't know anything except that you better find a 64 player map with 32 or better 16 players in it...
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6732|Gütersloh, Germany

elite wrote:

ok ok, maybe padding but easy to get, go on wake island, go china, spawn south base, get the van, drive it under the bridge into the water, sit is seat f3 and constantly repair, should get it in no time, nastie_butler told me that
NASTIE_BUTLER should've told you to read whole posts. He already mentioned it and it's stats padding.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6811|England
Every so often you come across some guy on the other team that seems to be obsessed with blowing up your assets and will just spend an entire round spawning and going back to blow them up even If he gets killed each time. I never understand why they do it but its useful if you need repairs.

I don’t see any other way to get this badge other then the situation I mentioned above or constantly repairing in the back of a Blackhawk that’s taking a lot of enemy fire and a good pilot.
Rumfuddle
+14|6740
I got veteran on Warlord as Insurgent when the other side was spec ops happy.  There were swarms of spec ops blowing up all the assets at the northern end of the map.  I hopped in an apc and just drove this little circuit over and over again repairing the assets over and over again.  It was boring but all of a sudden up pops the vet badge.  But vet's only 10 points and expert is 25?  Tough to do w/o padding.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6729|67.222.138.85
Maybe get in the back of a blackhawk with  a good pilot, then get some of your friends on the other team and tell them to shoot you down? Don't really think that's padding, since it really is in the best interest of MEC to shoot you down...
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6718|NJ
I will be going for this as well, can you get repair points for repairing an unmaned vechical?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6729|67.222.138.85
nope, not as far as I know
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6780|06-01
don't even have the vet. closest i've got is 8 repairs IAR i think...
randomfire1977
+1|6755|Florida
focus only on repair.  nothing else.  do not even think about bringing out a gun.  just keep that wrench available to repair. 

If your in a helicopter repairing it, have the pilot fly over team assets, and team vehicles,  he gets extra points for doing that if you use your ability to repair their things.  Once I took an unused BH sat on top of a silo and fired down on the enemy (some would consider this camping) I shot people until the vehcile was at half damage, repaired it then got back in gunner seat and fired more.  Got 5 repair points and a bunch of kills. even a decent streak.  The thing that is a problem is focusing on time and tickets.  Allow the flags to remain at a balance of flags between teams.  Then focus on repairing assets, vechiles, anything your team can man (even turets, AA, etc)  one day They make buildings repairable who knows.

Just a thought
teckng778
+2|6720
get on a 16 man 300tick Warlord server and repair the Arty, Scan & UAV...

In SF people are religious about blowing it up... I can get 25 easy in a round...

Oh and if you see someone thats about to destroy your stuff dont kill them until they are done... better yet dont kill them unless you have to.

Last edited by teckng778 (2006-01-13 12:00:48)

[g0t]JediPimp
Banned
+0|6771
Wow dude you have a long way to go. You have less than 30 hours as an Engineer.

Below is the stat padding method that has been explained on these forums several dozen times. I have heard of people earning 500+ repair points in a day.

THIS METHOD IS NOT FOR EVERYONE IT MAY GET FIXED WITH EA PATCHES, SO IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT, YOU MAY WANT TO DO IT BEFORE IT IS PATCHED.

Go on Sharqi map (preferably a 24x7 Sharqi server if you can find one)
Select MEC
Spawn at the flag that has the APC (Top left)
Grab a Transport and drive down road that leads to the coast.
Drive the Tranport out into the water until you see it start to take on damage
Quickly Switch to position F3 or F4 (Back of Transport)
Pull out your wrench and go to town.

The Transport will continue to take on damage while you repair. The wrench refresh meter seems to keep up with the damage, so you do not run out of wrench power and blow up.

You usually do not get fucked with by other players because most people are focused on the flags, etc. Ocassionally, the enemy commander will try to drop arty on you, but it is not very effective when you are in the water. That is not to say you can't get hit though.

It's a pretty boring method, so find somthing to rest on your mouse/kb to keep the button pressed while you go watch TV, take a shit, etc.

Watch the repair points build buddy. Remember Repair points count towards your Meritorious Service Medal.

Last edited by [g0t]JediPimp (2006-01-13 18:42:15)

slidero
Oh you crazy stat padders.  I got mine on kubra when the enemy f-15 just kept blowing up the UAV/scanner over and over again.  Call me lucky I guess.
Orion5413
+4|6709|Irving Tx
thanks for the idea
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6775
My kit of choice is Engineer, I have about 100h.
FWIW, I don't think the Expert Repair is achievable without some sort of prearranged setup.  Even using a statpadding exploit, the time needed for 25 repair points is considerable, and the round usually expires before you get there.
I won't say it's impossible, because I keep my eye out for the perfect circumstances.  And it will take the absolutely perfect circumstances.  But it's extremely improbable to earn under normal gameplay.
First
+3|6742|Canada
get on karkand 64 size map with 2 buddys grab all the mec armour all be engineer and drive up the alley by hotel and just blow the shit outta the us  while repairing each other, just wacth out for spec ops trying 2 ruin ur fun
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6731|th3 unkn0wn

Ali wrote:

elite wrote:

NASTIE_BUTLER should've told you to read whole posts. He already mentioned it and it's stats padding.
LMAO, ignore the little bugger. It's not his fault that he's dumb and can't read properly
[Valhalla]iMac_Attack
+2|6783|Houston, Texas
Special Forces Warlord, behind the palace.  You alway have 2-3 guys blowing it up.  don't save the commander assets, just let them blow it up.  Make sure it 64
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6850|Australia

[g0t]JediPimp wrote:

Wow dude you have a long way to go. You have less than 30 hours as an Engineer.

Below is the stat padding method that has been explained on these forums several dozen times. I have heard of people earning 500+ repair points in a day.

THIS METHOD IS NOT FOR EVERYONE IT MAY GET FIXED WITH EA PATCHES, SO IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT, YOU MAY WANT TO DO IT BEFORE IT IS PATCHED.

Go on Sharqi map (preferably a 24x7 Sharqi server if you can find one)
Select MEC
Spawn at the flag that has the APC (Top left)
Grab a Transport and drive down road that leads to the coast.
Drive the Tranport out into the water until you see it start to take on damage
Quickly Switch to position F3 or F4 (Back of Transport)
Pull out your wrench and go to town.

The Transport will continue to take on damage while you repair. The wrench refresh meter seems to keep up with the damage, so you do not run out of wrench power and blow up.

You usually do not get fucked with by other players because most people are focused on the flags, etc. Ocassionally, the enemy commander will try to drop arty on you, but it is not very effective when you are in the water. That is not to say you can't get hit though.

It's a pretty boring method, so find somthing to rest on your mouse/kb to keep the button pressed while you go watch TV, take a shit, etc.

Watch the repair points build buddy. Remember Repair points count towards your Meritorious Service Medal.
why arty them when you can
A) report them to admin who perm ban them and report them to EA (means dont try on internode)
B) drop supplie crates on them. its harder to get your points.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6850|Australia

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

My kit of choice is Engineer, I have about 100h.
FWIW, I don't think the Expert Repair is achievable without some sort of prearranged setup.  Even using a statpadding exploit, the time needed for 25 repair points is considerable, and the round usually expires before you get there.
I won't say it's impossible, because I keep my eye out for the perfect circumstances.  And it will take the absolutely perfect circumstances.  But it's extremely improbable to earn under normal gameplay.
sorry double post.

its easy to get with out padding or setting something up.
i got mine on wake, normal setting just with 17 players.
everytime the airfield was taken things were blown up, i repaired them after we took it back.
Bacon_Bazooka
+0|6730|Chester
Don't know if it's just me, but I think it's faster to stay in your car, to repair anything. E.g.:

Drive your car next to the broken UAV - F2 to get on the Gun and keep yourself covered until you get the repair point.

That's faster than:

Drive up next to the broken UAV - get out of the car and walk to the UAV - get your wrench out (ooh-err!!!) - find the Circle icon - start wrenching until you get the repair point. Also when I use the wrench it sometimes stops working part of the way through and I have to click on the mouse again ...

To get 25 points I'd recomend a city based map that you can drive around and park next to anything that is taking damage...

Good luck
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6773|Derby, England
Loads of ideas, thanks all for your feedback.

Sounds like the favourite non padding idea is the mobile repair vehicle. All I got to do now is get my hours up.

Again, thanks for the info all

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard