Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Now... http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net … =macs_cant

This thread is not about which is better. It is about the persona Apple has created. They come off as a bunch of whiners in their advertisement.

To me at least

If you want to discuss performance go here. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32352

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-21 18:55:07)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6602|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
Maddox is the light that guides many.
topal63
. . .
+533|6725
Eula, iTunes:
https://i11.tinypic.com/2vwwdbb.gif
From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement.

Huh?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

topal63 wrote:

Eula, iTunes:
http://i11.tinypic.com/2vwwdbb.gif

Huh?
I am forced to use iTunes now until they get some better third party software that is compatible with Vista 64.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
kilgoretrout
+53|6477|Little Rock, AR
i got cold fusion to work with my copy of itunes, but i couldn't publish my article for fear of being sued... 
motherdear
+25|6658|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
i hate itunes with a passion, the same goes for macs, even if you got to hock your mac up with another screen you need a special cable which cost you extra (and ordered from apple's website) becuase a normal plug won't fit.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6772|Cambridge (UK)

topal63 wrote:

Eula, iTunes:
http://i11.tinypic.com/2vwwdbb.gif

Huh?
Damn, I was just designing an inter-ballistic missile with built in iTunes player...

(SARCASM! (for any intelligence agents that might be reading))
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6297|Éire
Mac's rule!!!!!!!!!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

Mac's rule!!!!!!!!!

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6297|Éire
How dare you Kmarion!!!
TheOriginalUberN00b
+16|6492|Hereford,AZ. USA
macs are they gayest shit on earth
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6297|Éire
So how exactly can a piece of technology be gay?

Mac's are much more reliable than PC's, nowhere near as prone to viruses and such, UNIX is a rock solid OS and on an aesthetic level they are in a league of their own (the new Sony range of laptops are the only brand to come close to the same high level of design). Macs are much more user friendly as well, you can take a Mac straight out of the box plug it in and you're ready to go.

The only shitty thing about them is it's harder to find games for Macs and they can be very pricey. I think they are worth the money though, I work in the design industry and everyone swears by them.
golgoj4
+51|6781|North Hollywood

Braddock wrote:

So how exactly can a piece of technology be gay?

Mac's are much more reliable than PC's, nowhere near as prone to viruses and such, UNIX is a rock solid OS and on an aesthetic level they are in a league of their own (the new Sony range of laptops are the only brand to come close to the same high level of design). Macs are much more user friendly as well, you can take a Mac straight out of the box plug it in and you're ready to go.

The only shitty thing about them is it's harder to find games for Macs and they can be very pricey. I think they are worth the money though, I work in the design industry and everyone swears by them.
Macs are much more reliable than pc's - you fail. The inherent stability of any system is based on the dipshit using it knowing what they are doing. I've had to help plenty of mac idjuts fix their crap.

nowhere near as prone to viruses. - 1. fact is nobody bothers writing viruses for mac when there is money to be made in windows. 2. Any system can be cracked and your a fool if you think otherwise. Its a matter of the idjut behind the controls.

they look pretty - you have a point. they have that design down. i'll make a note on my convertible laptop pc. *writes note on screen*

macs are user friendly - depends on the user. I would throw something that was so arrogant to assume that i didnt need contextual menus out of a window. keep your 1 button. and its nice that steve jobs finally got his ass in gear (though it was all him as ibm left them hanging i believe) and now they have machines that aren't so slow that I would rather crash 3x than wait for a mac. and dont get me started on price and choice options.

you my friend, are brainwashed. like so many annoying people with macs that waste my time on a daily basis. But then I see what they can do when not in the hands of some sniveling bratty kids. pro tools, final cut pro are two awesome programs that come to mind. And I would recommend a macBook pro to anyone in the film industry (that actually works). Im not completely shitting on macs, its just all the bs fanboys out there have no idea what they rant about. Call me old fashioned, but computers are just toys/tools and everyone will have their own use.

p.s. i still think writing on the screen is the coolest thing since the fracking thing was invented. its so good i can trace landscapes for my job. 

and i have NO idea how a technology can be gay...unless it inherently involves homersexuals?

Last edited by golgoj4 (2007-03-21 17:06:25)

<SharpShot>
chronic gamer
+17|6326|Canadia
LIES ALL LIES!!  pc ROX
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6627|Mhz

Am I the only one sat here watching the OPs vid thinking, PCs do all those things and I've non of those problems?... I work in IT support, I know all the shit they're complaining about comes about 'coz they're too dumb to do it properly and I can usually fix it in less than 20 seconds, that or point out how fucking retarded their mistake was.

I've also had a bash with the iLife thing that comes with Macs, its basically software for babies that doesn't really do anything to the standard I'm used to, I suppose it's ok if you just use it for pissing about with, but professional quality? lol forget it.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6676|Everett, WA, US
I feel I must direct your attention to this locked thread.  We've been over this guys.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32774

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Apple in general is just plain not a very friendly company.  They were very innovative back in the day, but refused to share any of their technology.  PCs are owned by a community now, instead of a general company.  Of course they have some minor beneifits, for instance they develope their software specifically for what hardware they run.  And they might look good, depending on your style (I don't like them, looks like something they would use to decorate in Qweer Eye).  But as for speed, and ease of use, that is all hearsay.  There are major factors to consider.

As far as I know, you cannot build your own Mac.  If you can, you don't have a whole lot of hardware choices, so it would be pretty pointless.  That said, most Macs ARE faster than a Dell or whatever pre-built POS your buying.  However, you cannot compare a Mac to a custom built machine.  Most customs will blow Macs out of the water.  If you could run any MacOS on a custom, then it would most likely run faster (the OS, not the PC).

Which brings me to the actual OS.  MacOS loads faster and runs faster because of it doesn't load as much into its memory upon startup.  Which is because of its lack of flexibility and, well...... overall usefulness.  Some may say it's easier to use than Windows or Linux.  That again depends on what you prefer.  I was in school when Macintosh had a deal with the school system.  I had to use one of those god-awful things everyday, but then I started using Win98 and preferred it much more.  People just plain prefer different things.  As far as design, you cannot compare OS's. It's all based on preference.  But as for as functionality, flexibility, and overall quality, Mac loses.

I would like to say this is an unbiased remark, but I have to say, when I see those new Macintosh commercials, I want to drive an axe through my T.V.  As far as I am concerned, they are the Evil Empire.

As for all of you PC users who bought I-Pods:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!
I KNEW Apple was just using the I-Pod for funding for another invasion!  I told them, but noooooo.  They called me crazy! But who's crazy now?!?!  Buwahahahah!  First the I-POd comes out, the first I have heard from Apple in years.  Suspicions rise, then Intel moves in and goes all buddy-buddy with 'em.  Then I saw what was coming.  I tried to warn you!  THE END IS NEIGH!  I told you to wait!  Microsoft would come out with the I-POd killer (and they are).  But you couldn't wait!  You threw out your 500-song MP3 player and got a doohickey that could hold 1000.  Then you just needed 998 more songs to PUT IN IT!  Damn you people.  THE APOCALYPSE WILL BE LAID ON YOUR SHOULDERS!!!

Thank-you.

We're all DOOMED!
Note I posted this before Zune was even named.

Last edited by NemeSiS-Factor (2007-03-21 17:23:58)

TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6375|Netherlands

Mac's are for people who are to stupid to keep their PC in normal working order...

DON'T TOUCH STUFF WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT DOES!!

In Mac you don't have this problem because it only has two settings: On and Off.

On top of that, nothing will RUN, including viruses, on a Mac so it's better for all the retards that are to lazy or stupid to install a decent virus scanner on their PC.

I bet most of these people have no more knowledge on how the Mac OS works then they do on Windows. In Mac there's just no stuff you can fuck up.

Tiger
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6477|New York
Maddox <3
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

How dare you Kmarion!!!
I use a Mac everyday at work. I'm just poking fun at all those whiny guys.

This thread is not about which is better. It is about the persona Apple has created. They come off as a bunch of whiners in their advertisement.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-21 18:52:47)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475
dubbs
+105|6638|Lexington, KY

golgoj4 wrote:

1. fact is nobody bothers writing viruses for mac when there is money to be made in windows.
From my understanding you do not get money to make viruses. 

I just wonder how many people here that said that Macs suck, have ever used one.  PCs and Macs are both useful in their own rights.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

dubbs wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

1. fact is nobody bothers writing viruses for mac when there is money to be made in windows.
http://www.amazon.com/Norton-Internet-S … amp;sr=8-1
What if the AV companies intentionally created them $$? There is a thought.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
theexterminator222
Banned
+16|6316
the search button is very useful.....
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=66140 the videos already been posted
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6445|King Of The Islands

dubbs wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

I just wonder how many people here that said that Macs suck, have ever used one.  PCs and Macs are both useful in their own rights.
Uh... SPYWARE?!

"I found teh spywarez! Go site now to quickly for FREE* detox!'

Kmarion wrote:

What if the AV companies intentionally created them $$? There is a thought.
AVG Antispyware, AVG AntiVirus, Avast Free, AOL's Kaspersky, Spybot, Ad-Aware, CWShredder, HijackThis, SysInternals and Windows Defender. Yeah, you pay an arm-and-a-leg for those.

And I have used a Mac. Back in school I did Media, all Macs naturally. But the school had little study rooms with computers (PCs), and I went to them, until of course I got my laptop.

In any case, anyone that's concerned about security and want the greatest, most stable, most customizable operating environment... uses Linux... for free.

* Not even remotely-
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard