Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6455|North Carolina
Alright, this is a serious discussion, so that's why I didn't put this in the Junk Drawer.

What car company is the best, and why?

Personally, I prefer Mazda.  They may not have the highest quality vehicles, but they seem like the best for your money.   I'm getting a new Mazda 3 soon, and it gets good gas mileage, handles well, and is a shitload cheaper than a Civic, Altima, or Corolla.
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6581|Sydney, in 1978
Ford, without them we would'nt have mass produced cars. Or mabye Mercedes Benz for inventing them. not sure, but i drive a Ford so my vote goes to Ford.
devildogfo
+32|6373|Camp Lejeune
Nothing beats German automotive engineering. But as far as "best" car well thats relative. Best bang for buck, best aesthetics, best performance? All of the above?
tktarget
+1|6325
yup i agree Mazda > all but for other reasons.  2 words - Rotary Engine (RE). 

oh and btw don't even bother flaming me about the reliability of a RE blah blah because until u've driven a 250rwkw+ street car that weighs around 1000kg (ie. a hardass 13b turbo rx7).  nothing else compares. nothing.   RE's are reliable as long as u look after them just like u would any other motor.

4th gear wheelspin FTW
twood375
+16|6699|Washington, D.C.
It depends on the aspect, every company seems to have its forte

I would say Toyota in terms of reliability. Ive owned an avalon since 96, and it still runs great. never had a single problem. Bought a '06 sequioa, great vehicle, great resale value, and exceptional repair service.

I do agree that Mazda is probably the best in terms of value.

Mercedes Benz in terms of engineering

Ford in terms of Manufacturing

Ferarri in terms of style

Last edited by twood375 (2007-03-20 21:08:39)

Turquoise
O Canada

devildogfo wrote:

Nothing beats German automotive engineering. But as far as "best" car well thats relative. Best bang for buck, best aesthetics, best performance? All of the above?
It's your choice...  prioritize however you like.  I went with bang per buck.
Turquoise
O Canada

tktarget wrote:

oh and btw don't even bother flaming me about the reliability of a RE blah blah because until u've driven a 250rwkw+ street car that weighs around 1000kg (ie. a hardass 13b turbo rx7).  nothing else compares. nothing.   RE's are reliable as long as u look after them just like u would any other motor.

4th gear wheelspin FTW
Yeah rotaries are cool.  The only thing I don't like about them is how they can freeze up if you don't use one for a while.  Like, if you don't drive your car for 2 weeks and it's rotary, you can have problems starting it up again.  At least, that's what I hear....
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6673|Camp XRay

kia - you don't fuck with a man driving a kia
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
twood375
+16|6699|Washington, D.C.

Turquoise wrote:

tktarget wrote:

4th gear wheelspin FTW
Yeah rotaries are cool.  The only thing I don't like about them is how they can freeze up if you don't use one for a while.  Like, if you don't drive your car for 2 weeks and it's rotary, you can have problems starting it up again.  At least, that's what I hear....
rx8 ftw
Turquoise
O Canada

Marlboroman82 wrote:

kia - you don't fuck with a man driving a kia
...because he's clearly insane for buying one...  j/k
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6506|the guy in the hind on gator
bmw ftw
paper_pieon
+7|6354
german
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6673|Camp XRay

russ)=spetsnaz wrote:

bmw ftw
i personally have never driven anything other than a landrover or a cadillac. my father never drove anything but a cadillac his entire life.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Fen321
+54|6548|Singularity

russ)=spetsnaz wrote:

bmw ftw
Amen to that.
=n0s=Mykeee
Lock Up Your Daughters, The Scottish Have Arrived
+8|6332
I have to say that although I like Mazda i own and dearly love a Honda Civic Type R and it's my favourite toy (thats not part of my body) in the whole world so Honda get my vote.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6381|teh alien spaceshit
Kia and Hyundai
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6689|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Mazda make lots of progress in the past years, the 3, the 6, 6 speed and this year they got a new 7 passenger called mazda cx-9 and cx-7 ( http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/moto … cx-7-f.jpg ) ( http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/moto … -cx7-r.jpg ), just amazing design and the price is not bad... i also like nissan !

Last edited by Andoura (2007-03-20 21:31:27)

commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6463|Michigan, USA

Honda gets my vote as well.  Reliable, relatively well priced, good gas mileage, well-manufactured (i.e. no body panels are going to be falling off), and has a decent selection of vehicles.  To be more specific, I'd go with the Honda Civic: it's gotten excellent reviews all around, and has a very wide range of model types, i.e. Coupe or Sedan, Natural Gas or Hybrid or tuned-up SI.  Personally, I'm interested in getting a Honda Civic Si Sedan.

Last edited by commandochristian (2007-03-20 21:33:47)

russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6506|the guy in the hind on gator

Marlboroman82 wrote:

russ)=spetsnaz wrote:

bmw ftw
i personally have never driven anything other than a landrover or a cadillac. my father never drove anything but a cadillac his entire life.
so why are u quoting me?
=n0s=Mykeee
Lock Up Your Daughters, The Scottish Have Arrived
+8|6332

commandochristian wrote:

Honda gets my vote as well.  Reliable, relatively well priced, good gas mileage, well-manufactured (i.e. no body panels are going to be falling off), and has a decent selection of vehicles.  To be more specific, I'd go with the Honda Civic: it's gotten excellent reviews all around, and has a very wide range of model types, i.e. Coupe or Sedan, Natural Gas or Hybrid or tuned-up SI.  Personally, I'm interested in getting a Honda Civic Si Sedan.
Great cars - was never a big fan til I got the Type R - I live in Greece and we don't have speed cams yet thank god ! Had the car for 4 years and never a problem - not to sure about the Hybrids though !
Widow_Warrior
+7|6538|SOUTH ENGLAND
Aston Martin  DB5
Subaru impretza wrx prodrive

Last edited by Widow_Warrior (2007-03-20 21:51:02)

tech_1200
+1|6299
Subaru AWD and flat engine design FTW!!!
Smithereener
+138|6366|California
I don't know who makes the best cars (heard good things about most of them), but a car I'd like to own (for now at least) is the Mazda 3 Hatchback or they call it the 5-door. It's relatively inexpensive stock and even with a few upgrades and accessories.

Yeah, I'd like to own one of those.
madmax
+12|6312|perth, w.a.
Holden Australia why for the 427 monaro 7 liter v8
Ford Australia for the f6 falcon 550nm of torque at 2000 rpm
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6625
Lotus.  End of argument.  You can all go home now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard