Microwave
_
+515|6664|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I've decided that a laptop is necessary now for schoolwork and the portability factor. + with uni coming up soon it is pretty much essential.

I'm VERY close to getting a macbook.  (2.0GHz 1gb ram)

So I'm just looking for some general opinions and thoughts from people with experience from seeing/owning one.

Thank you
DaBigDragon
+3|6749|USA
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6577|NYC / Hamburg

get a HP nx9420 (like I have) or a nc8430 (the 15 inch variant). They are fast, affordable and have insane run times with the extended battery (i get up to 11h on mine)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6502|N. Ireland
if you don't play games, go for it! my brother has one the exact same spec and wow.. it's amazing.
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6430|Melbourne, AUS
Macs are too expensive.
Plus you need to get all this extra software just to be compatible with MS i.e. word, ppt etc.
Plus you need to buy extra warranty that costs heaps.

Get a Dell - something like the XPS 1210 .
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6847|A Small Isle in the Tropics

If you can wait, then wait for the Leopard OSX annoucement and see if there are corresponding upgrades on the MacBook series. I think it is due.

I switched from XP to Mac OSX two years back, and no regrets and I am still using a Powerbook G4. I won't ever make that switch back to XP/Vista as the predominant OS even though my work requires me to do so. I adapted.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6661
I strongly recommend you read this thread before you go deciding anything, it has all the stuff that will save you a lot of time.
Microwave
_
+515|6664|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
MacBook it is then!

I'll get leopard when it comes out, 'time machine' and 'spaces' look very good.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6661

james@alienware wrote:

MacBook it is then!

I'll get leopard when it comes out, 'time machine' and 'spaces' look very good.
If you install VirtueDesktops then you get a very similar thing to what spaces is with Tiger on 10.4.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard