Poll

Is it ok to "kidnap" a player when they are being an ass?

Hell, yeah! It's the best way to show them the door!85%85% - 154
No Way! That's against the rules, I'm telling dad!7%7% - 13
I am legaly unable to make yes/no decisions...7%7% - 14
Total: 181
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6614|Gold coast, Aus.
I kidnap randoms. Makes me lol when they start crying "wtf is hapnin? OMG WTF D000DS:"
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6801|Marathon, Florida Keys
some nub tked me for a plane yesterday, so i kidnaped him. He is now my favorite victom.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6644|United States
people that teamkill for vehicles or do other stupid stuff deserve to get kidnaped
.da.Trademark
+0|6674|Middle America / Oklahoma
Better Questions:

Is it ok to break the rules?

Sure...TK someone because they are being an ass but you know you get a negative score...thats why it doesn't happen too often. Kidnap someone and you get a positive score. Its a cheap tactic applied by noobs and should be placed in a hall of shame along with the guys who were being an ass....because two wrongs don't make it right.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

The only time I would entertain kidnapping someone is if they are a sucky commander.  I seriously hate crappy commanders.  The ones that do not spot anyone, give supply boxes, continuously both you with stupid commands, etc., etc., etc.,
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

Any twat who tk's for vehicles, blocks jets, tk's people on purpose, drops arty on your own head, does nothing as a commander, is a blatent hacker, shitty server admin(s) or a complete nade spamming retard deserves to be kidnapped to some extent.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6832|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

killer21 wrote:

Kidnap someone for the following reasons:

Being a bad commander- You know the bad commanders.  The ones who do not spot anyone near a flag or near you.  The one who refuses to use the UAV and/or Scan.  The one who is in a chopper or plane and is not helping the team at all.

Constantly tking for a vehicle- The tards who tk for a jet, chopper, and/or tank.  They deserve to be stabbed over and over again.

Being a retard-Just being a complete retard in the game.  You know the type.  The player who runs around not really helping the team.  The lone sniper who is not in a squad.  The medic or ammo guy who refuses to drop any bags.  The commander who arty's a whole squad of people just to kill one enemy. 

Just an example of people who deserve to be kidnapped.
I agree with you on most counts that you mentioned even if I don't agree with kiddnapping, they deserve to be punished in some way. The only situations I disagree with you on slightly are the tking for vehicles and the commander stuff.

As for the intentional team killing, they desever much more severe punishment. IMO, that's an offense so significant that it deserves server banning as well as stats reset. I know that might sound extreme, but unless you are screwing around with your friend and he gets a kick out of you intentionally tking him (AND ONLY HIM OR ANOTHER FRIEND); there is no excuse for intentionally team killing a random person, especially for a greedy reason like wanting their jet or chopper or tank or whatever.

Now regarding the bad commander issue, I speak from both angles. I also realize that the idiot cmdr v. idiot players is a debate that has been done to death, but I will reiterate anyway! First let me say, I agree with you. I've seen a lot of really horrible commanders who either don't know what the f**k they're doing or don't care about being a team player. They give commanders a bad name! However speaking from the other side, being a good commander isn't always easy. This is especially true on the bigger servers like 48 and 64 player. For example, artillery takes some timing and skill. I have executed thousands of artillery strikes - almost every one with a warning or warnings first. It's always amazing how players and even entire squads will ignore warnings and drive/run directly into a strike; often yelling at me after I team kill them with arty. The other issue is: you are not the only player on the team. If I didn't spot a enemy around you, it might be because I was helping another squad to cap a base or defend a more important CP. If I didn't give you the resource you asked for within 3 seconds, it might be because I just gave it to a more important priority. When I command, I'm hardly ever not on the command screen doing something to help the team. If my command is not personalized to you, so sorry. Okay, so that's my semi-comeback rant!
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6287|Malaysia
Retards and twats deserve to be kidnapped. Had a game where the commander was being a completely idiotic tool and we couldn't vote him off.

Made me wish I had clanmates to help me out in kidnapping him !
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6832|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

BakaBakaNeko2 wrote:

Retards and twats deserve to be kidnapped. Had a game where the commander was being a completely idiotic tool and we couldn't vote him off.

Made me wish I had clanmates to help me out in kidnapping him !
Join a clan?
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6462|New York
Not only is it "okay" to kidnap an asshole, but it's encouraged--by me at least.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6357
I'd say yes. Once, there was an asshole captain on the other team of ghost town. I was in a squad with a nice guy, striker I think, and he had just started playing. The captain was telling stryker that he got owned or some such- I then took it upon myself to give this captain a good spanking. 101AB or something.

After 10 kidnaps he suicided. Naturally, he flipped out on me, saying that an admin was going to ban me. Strange- the server clearly stated there were no rules.
im_in_heaven
+27|6580
Whats to stop the kidnappers from getting kidnapped themselves? Nothing. Youlll just have a bunch of people being kidnapped. Pretty lame.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard