kptk92
u
+972|6440|tc_london
Its pissing me off now.

I play for about 2 minutes and then I lag (and I mean LAG!!) very badly and I can't shoot properly and one second the enemy is in one place and then all of a sudden your dead - they've just knifed you!!!

Its seriously pissing me off ... any hints?
Raphi
Banned
+354|6290|Basel, Switzerland
Ye, i have had the same problem some days ago. I reinstalled (after 2 days) my bf2142. It worked for me. Good luck

PS: Your sig pwns lol
kptk92
u
+972|6440|tc_london

KillahStyle wrote:

Ye, i have had the same problem some days ago. I reinstalled (after 2 days) my bf2142. It worked for me. Good luck

PS: Your sig pwns lol
Ok I'll half karma you for the answer.
Half karma you for the sig praise xD
Raphi
Banned
LOL. Have you made that sig?
kptk92
u
+972|6440|tc_london
No...I'll PM you with a link.
Raphi
Banned
That sounds sexy lol Thanks
Magius5.0
+106|6413|UMass Amherst

kptk92 wrote:

Its pissing me off now.

I play for about 2 minutes and then I lag (and I mean LAG!!) very badly and I can't shoot properly and one second the enemy is in one place and then all of a sudden your dead - they've just knifed you!!!

had that problem too...
also, fyi...you think you're a criminal, you should see the number of people who want ME dead or alive in-game.  Assuming I don't get a bad luck streak (in which I spawn ANYWHERE and am instantly killed by spawn rapers), I'll typically end most rounds with 3+ kdr...and numerous vehicle kills.
JovesApples
+4|6485|USA
i had the same problem (with lag)... so i went to start/my documents and deleted my Battlefield 2142 folder there (its about 30mb). seems to have worked for me without a full reinstall!
kptk92
u
+972|6440|tc_london
Well I did a full reinstall and went back online. Still the same problem on occasions.
Might be the servers I go on, as other players seem to complain about major lag when this kinda thing happens.
Raphi
Banned
Damn, it worked for me. Sorry m8.
PS: Thanks for the link
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6511|Sheffield-England
um.. shoudn't all these things your posting one after an other just be put into one big edited post? just spamming it up......

Edit: this is an edit... learn to edit your posts...

and another thing.. these look like they should have been in a pm?

Last edited by stkhoplite (2007-03-17 06:34:20)

kachunkachunk
+8|6421|Ontario
I posted a big thread on this kind of problem here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61476
kptk92
u
+972|6440|tc_london

kachunkachunk wrote:

I posted a big thread on this kind of problem here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61476
Its not Titan mode though. Then again I haven't read the whole topic yet...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6597|Area 51

kptk92 wrote:

Its pissing me off now.

Try snoozing or shutting down all Anti virus scanners and shit..
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6665|Florida
Same thing happens to me. Ever since installing Northern Strike, my ping will be great when I start up a server, but then shortly there after my ping goes to hell. I used an active port scanner and it appears that BF2142 can not properly close all the ports even after you have disconnected from a server. So it is constantly listening to the servers you were on... This is my uneducated guess. I don't know what else it could be. I've just been having such a hard time with it... It really sucks. I love the game but sometimes it gets to be completely unplayable...
Raphi
Banned

stkhoplite wrote:

um.. shoudn't all these things your posting one after an other just be put into one big edited post? just spamming it up......

I can edit whatever and whenever I want.. You aren't my mother. lol

edit: and not my father

Last edited by KillahStyle (2007-03-21 08:11:53)

cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6741
I had a lot of connection problems last night. It seemed to be my internet service, but other players in my squad were seeing the game hang for connection problems too.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6532|so randum

KillahStyle wrote:

stkhoplite wrote:

I can edit whatever and whenever I want.. You aren't my mother. lol

edit: and not my father
haha, bad though it is, for the wit, you get my daily karma
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6650|InGerLand
i get occasional really really really choppy gameplay but it goes away after a minute or so
is your temporary like that or permanent?
kachunkachunk
+8|6421|Ontario
I've given up on bothering to play on servers with more than 32 players. I think it's probably a combination of the game being simply inefficient, and also me not having a very strong system. It's pretty thoroughly midrange.

1.73GHz Centrino processor, 1.5GB of DDR2 RAM, GeForce 6800 Go 256MB. It's probably the processor, but it outperforms a 3GHz P4.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6742|Sweden
Have had it on some servers which i´m now avoiding got nothing to do with my comp. or connection so i blame the particular servers i have had it on. gets pretty unplayable you unload a full mag into a guy which continue to shoot at you and kill you then he drops dead a couple of seconds later.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6318|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
It is called "Titan mode on Boomtown servers"

But if you were on a decent server, i honestly don't know.. did you check your ping compared to the others??
If yours is way higher than theirs something is wrong with your pc/connection, if all pings are high its server-end bugs.... or if it is just choppy with normal pings it should be serverside..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
pasngr
+50|6677
Do you have Webroot Spysweeper?  Check out this link.  Another dude and I  have encountered multiple people with this same problem on these forums.

Just read the OP's and my posts.  Solved his problem, which sounds a lot like yours.

This thread too.

Last edited by pasngr (2007-03-22 01:00:51)

buttersIRL
+17|6629

JovesApples wrote:

i had the same problem (with lag)... so i went to start/my documents and deleted my Battlefield 2142 folder there (its about 30mb). seems to have worked for me without a full reinstall!
cool, done this and it seemed to clear up the prob. thanks Joves.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard