specxops
Banned
+18|6620|Boca Raton,Florida
neon_flux thats some great advice man i appreciate it, get me a video of you sparring at your gym id like to see you seem like you know what your talking about. Im gunna try and join up a gym but do i have matches and such or is it just practice there stupid question but.. i have another video that i throw some pretty good combos starting with jab, jab, hook and then another jab i gotta edit it tho cuz his mouthpiece fell out once lol
swedge
+23|6429|haggis hill

savking wrote:

kick him in the fucking balls, then nutt the cunt, and when hes on the floor double stomp on his head.

as for boxing dont let yourself be the one backing away, come at him strong anddont stop till 1)ur fuckin knakered 2) he batters ya (in eithercase turn n run)

while where on the subject of fighting some cunt bit my ear offon friday durring a pub fight, fuking wanker
nice to see the british way of fighting, im scottish btw
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6719|Mark it zero.
If you're going to continue boxing, I highly suggest you get a mouthgaurd. It will save you from getting bad concussions and also save your teeth/tongue. It looked like both of you had your mouth open a lot. If you get hit in the jaw with your mouth open, it will usually mean your ass is getting knocked out. Do a lot of conditioning and learn to breath with your nose. But of course when you are backed off it is fine to take some breaths with your mouth. The best time to hit someone is during their attack. Dodge it and follow up with a nice shot to whatever side they are punching with. Also you need to learn how to keep your gaurd up while punching. When you punch with one arm, you gaurd with the other. And also, do not try to learn from Rocky. Those movies show some pretty bad boxing techniques, but of course it does have some good ones. Just don't try to learn too much from it. Watch boxing on TV. Or my favorite, Ultimate Fighting. Watch their standup techniques, they are all great.

Good luck in your upcoming fights.
captainacton
+4|6533
Hi
Being smaller has its ups and downs,you can move faster,in and out of range but the bigger guy has strengh,stick and move is the key,looking at the big moose you where having a go with i would start off with a nice body attack doesnt matter how big or tough you think you are a good body shot will drop a rhino if delivered well,to many people go head hunting,stupid really hardest part of body and smallest??also learn how to foot fight,great,i.e leg sweeps shin breaks ,knee strikes,anke strrikes,i work on three things if your opponent cant see,breath or stand he cant fight,learn different styles of fighting,and adapt your strenghs.
hope this helped   Bye for now  The Captain
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6689|Melbourne, Australia
Barb Wire Around Ur Gloves.. Works A Charm
neon_flux601
+18|6221|Sidahnee Orstrayleeah
no worries mate.

i would love to video tape but it's very much against the rules - as in state law here in NSW.

your gym should be up to date on all these laws and regs in your state.

as for the gym experience - you will start out in a class shadowboxing and learning technique from one trainer who usually pairs people off - not to spar but to learn technique through repetition.

it's non contact - your instructor/trainer will tell you when you are ready (and definately not before) to spar and then you should be paired with someone a little better than you - so that you can learn how to spar properly.

some gyms will encourage competition fights, but most run programs based around self defence and don't expect you to fight competitively - like my gym. either way they should be running a gym with pro's who have real fight experience, you will get the most up to date training and techniques that are being used in the sport today.

you MUST have gloves (16oz), hand wraps, headgear, good mouthguard (not some crappy $2 guard - spend at least 30 - 50 dollars on a mouthguard - shock doctor are a well known and trusted brand, also comes with insurance for dentistry on some high end models believe it or not).

btw those prices are australian, but that brand is american, so you should be able to get one similar if you haven't already.

Last edited by neon_flux601 (2007-03-18 02:41:17)

savking
+37|6557|England

swedge wrote:

savking wrote:

kick him in the fucking balls, then nutt the cunt, and when hes on the floor double stomp on his head.

as for boxing dont let yourself be the one backing away, come at him strong anddont stop till 1)ur fuckin knakered 2) he batters ya (in eithercase turn n run)

while where on the subject of fighting some cunt bit my ear offon friday durring a pub fight, fuking wanker
nice to see the british way of fighting, im scottish btw
the only way to fight is the british way, nah lol we just get pissed and think wer hard but realy wer all big dosey cunts not feeling the blows to their full effect cos wev had a few to many shandeys
specxops
Banned
hey captain we are boxing not MMA i do some MMA with my other friend whos around my weight but he has a ton of expierence with kickboxing so he kicks my ass, o and neon can you send me a link to a nice mouthguard i think its about time i get one
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

Carry a knife.
specxops
Banned
lol sometimes i do carry a knife
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

specxops wrote:

lol sometimes i do carry a knife
Remember, Stab-Up, for maximum damge.
specxops
Banned
hehe but anyways lets get back on topic everyone
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6810|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

captainacton wrote:

Hi
Being smaller has its ups and downs,you can move faster,in and out of range but the bigger guy has strengh,stick and move is the key,looking at the big moose you where having a go with i would start off with a nice body attack doesnt matter how big or tough you think you are a good body shot will drop a rhino if delivered well,to many people go head hunting,stupid really hardest part of body and smallest??also learn how to foot fight,great,i.e leg sweeps shin breaks ,knee strikes,anke strrikes,i work on three things if your opponent cant see,breath or stand he cant fight,learn different styles of fighting,and adapt your strenghs.
hope this helped   Bye for now  The Captain
Absolutely. I'm 5'6" 155 lbs. and I love it. I love being underestimated. Since I wrestled in high school I usually resort to hard take-downs in the handful of real fights I've been in. Boxing with friends is a great way to relax though. Don't underestimate your size. You've gotten more than enough physical advice so I'll just remind you of a couple of things.
-Show your tenacity. You have the element of surprise. Use your opponent's hubris and confidence against him.
-Don't quit or let up! Until you're sure that you have your win, don't stop. That doesn't mean beat your friends into ICU, but make the victory solid and uncontestable. You'll know when you should stop (if you don't seek anger management ).

Keep working on your skills man and you could be a great fighter which might just come in handy some day!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Agility/Persistence > Brute strength
specxops
Banned
ya blue havoc im actually 5,6 or 5,7 150-155 im trying to get down to a lower weight so i wont have to fight bigger fighters ill fight people around my weight etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard