[M]Chicken
+1|6654|Texas
Oooo, nice one! He's just a little kid though, has no idea what he's talking about. WWII is fascinating, and the younger ones don't have a clue about it other than some idiot filling their minds with anti-US sentiment. Jealousy again imho.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

[M]Chicken wrote:

Oooo, nice one! He's just a little kid though, has no idea what he's talking about. WWII is fascinating, and the younger ones don't have a clue about it other than some idiot filling their minds with anti-US sentiment. Jealousy again imho.
WWII is why im passing that class, i know more than my teacher on numerous occasions, such as the Rangers @ Point Du-Hac on Normandy and the Battle of the Bulge, not bad for a 16 year old im my perfectly oriented opinion.
         u must also see, however, that age sometimes does not help a situation at all

wait i just confused myself
[M]Chicken
+1|6654|Texas
You seem older than your years! Good for you man!
187sKillz
+1|6656|Houston
hey guys guess what! this topic is stupid.
[M]Chicken
+1|6654|Texas
LMAO, pretty much covered everything.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Those guys are dickheads.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6738
esker
i'm proud of my school because they just won their 4th college football national championship since 1970, which is a big deal here in the states!!!  but you're right, i shouldn't have gotten offended, since i probably am older than you!

revelstoke
...you are so lame lol.  it's probably teh Foot and Mouth
72Wolf-
+1|6684

stryyker wrote:

owned?
on topic once more?
heres my 2 cents.
America censors their media, thats a known fact, blow me
that DOES NOT mean we dont learn about other nations from their POV. my history teacher (world history) is English, and it was nice to see a not so one sided view of everything.
I couldn't agree with you more, that yes, the big 4 (cbs, nbc, abc, and cnn) censor their stories.  FOX tends to tilt center to right (at times, maybe too far right).  As for major east coast (I have no information on west coast) news papers, NYT, AJC, Washington Post publish articles with a definite slant.

Regarding a later post of yours, yes, age is not always a factor.  I watched Senator Kennedy throw a big temper tantrum at the justice hearings yesterday.  THAT was funny to watch.
Esker
+1|6697
My school was the biggest waste of time, I can't say anything good about that place and I'm glad it got burnt down. Sadly the fiends rebuilt it, but like the school report said that year "You must try harder next year if you wish to succeed".

Tbh the younger generation in the UK doesn't really get taught much about WWII or any real history pretty much, I for one didn't. It's possibly because it's not PC or something and may cause offense.... To someone. This country is pretty stupid where political correctness is concerned, it's getting so bad even the Muslims in this country who it's meant be benefiting are constantly opposing them.

Heh, our media is also censored, we even had news blackouts during Falklands so you're not alone with that one. I think ours is probably worse for being censored though.

Back to the history thing It's pretty sad when you ask some teenager what Nelson's Column is, only for them to reply something about Nelson Mandella, or who won the battle of Trafalgar only to hear the name "Julius Ceaser" or something equally silly mentioned.

The one thing I did find amusing other than the French jokes the most were the IRA comments that were made on here, it might not hurt to actually look up where the IRA recieved most of their support and weapons from.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

Esker wrote:

it might not hurt to actually look up where the IRA recieved most of their support and weapons from.
*Looks in the general direction of [M]Chicken*

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-01-12 10:33:41)

[M]Chicken
+1|6654|Texas
LMAO, no, I didnt give em the guns!!!!

I was laughing the other day when I went to the gun range and started pulling out rifles, pistols, boxes of ammo, etc. The range officer walked up and said that there were third world countries who didn't have as much firepower - I was taking a friend to shoot and he wanted to try out several of the WWII period rifles so I brought too many

The IRA are predominately Catholic, right? I'm Catholic, so don't slam me for saying that. I am ignorant of the IRA, but isn't their bitch about England's role in Ireland? I need to read more, I know. Aren't they pissed about the Church of England and the Catholic Church and England in Ireland? Seriously, I dunno. I slept through that one.

Discuss amongst yerselves! (I am not taking sides, but some tard will flame me, just watch)
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6711|United States
You guys have covered everything in this post except the meaning of life.  Which we all know is BF2.
ex-static
+15|6659
nice double post. I didn't like your first post though. But the second one made it all good

Last edited by ex-static (2006-01-12 12:40:15)

Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6711|United States
Thanks, but I just deleted the other one...lol...
[M]Chicken
+1|6654|Texas
Don't forget pron!
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6672|Ontario

72Wolf- wrote:

Revelstoke wrote:

to Mchicken and the other person who posted against the UK
TAKE SOME FRIGGIN HISTORY CLASSES that DONT have to do with AMERICA.
The US came into the war extremely late... why? because they were attacked.
Have you ever heard of a term called isolationism?
It's another word for not caring about what's going on in the world, just in your own country.
Thats exactly what the United States believed in, until THEY GOT ATTACKED.
So what if they sent guns to the UK... that wasnt the biggest need at the time!.
By the end of the war, there was 1 million Canadians involved in the war.. and what was Canada's population at the time? 10 million. Why is it that a world super power would just sit and wait for things to progress as one of the world's most vicous dictators attacked eastern europe? Who knows.
So before you go posting SHIT like that.... JUST DON'T.
Someone woke up in bed with the wrong Moose.
When ya'll going to have your French and English war up there?
When are your adults going to stop screaming at visiting youth sports teams from the US?  Those kids don't set policy, but you burn our flag in front of them scream obscenities. Bah.

Its ironic that the United States is damned if we are isolationists, we are damned if we are pre-emptive in our actions.  No reason to bring Canada into this mix.  We didn't mention Canada.  We didn't slam Canada.  Little Brit boy started the name calling early.   

Now, since your understanding of American history is lacking (why else would you ask a question?)
Why did the US enter the war late and was isolationist in its foreign policy? Because a liberal booze runner named Joe Kennedy, our ambassador to Britain, was anti-Semitic, loved the Nazi ideals, and filed less than honest reports to DC.  That's one of the primary reasons we didn't enter the war in Europe until after we were attacked.

Revelstoke wrote:

no thanks i have one
But do you know his name?
Does your mom refer to him as your "Uncle"?
why the hell would i know that much on american history when im CANADIAN
when are your tv channels going to stop skipping the canadian anthem in sports events?
when are americans going to stop booing the canadian anthem?
go suck a dick you redneck
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6672|Ontario
forgot to say something... who do you think your decendents were... ! wow they were british...maybe i have some pride in my country and how the hell we got to be on north america... maybe thats why i stand up for the british
[M]Chicken
+1|6654|Texas
Someone skipped their meds today.
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6672|Ontario
Negative...
[M]Chicken
+1|6654|Texas
Sometimes my nads smell like swiss cheese.....
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6672|Ontario
wow you learn something disgusting every day hunh
ANGEL65
+0|6650
I didnt read through all the pages but i saw the topic and thought to post this.... I was playing in Moders Karkand and i saw 3-5 [M] players jumping off one of the buildings to injure themselves, while one other handed out medpacks in an attempt to pad stats im assuming, anyways i thought that this was wrong for the admins of a server to be padding to hell, didnt know if something like this was already mentioned so srry in advance if it was.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6738
chicken i got kicked again today, and i'm getting a little tired of it

i will probably quit playing there, since i can't even post in the modersgaming forums anymore.  how fucking ghey, after i tried sticking up for you guys lol.
[M]Chicken
+1|6654|Texas
Not sure what happened wagon, I will check for you.

I'd like the names of the players doing that from the previous post, I will ban them myself if what you say is accurate.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6715|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol

RadeonII wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

I'll just drop it.  Yes, I did like Moders Karkand, got my basic explosives badge there, which we all know is a pain to get.  And well, I guess I missed that admin warning about your kid playing.  I was commander, and saw him just at the emplaced weapon, and asked him to go in battle.  But hey guess it doesn't matter now, seeing how I'm banned.  It was fun playing on your server.  [M]Chicken, tell your kid I said congratulations on the new badge, and may you and your son have good luck in all of your future endeavors.
Hey  you got something on your nose...  it looks like SHIT... you re not brown nosing are you ?  lol
WTF is wrong with people. I was on my clans server b4 they were my clan, and they pissed me off, and I pissed them off. I got kicked a couple times. But I finally sat back, thought about it, and realised I was wrong, so I apologized to them, and IMMEDIATELY some random guy starts laughing and calling me a pussy. Why is knowing you're wrong and admitting it, and being nice after alot of hostility a bad thing? At least my future clan started cussing at the guy till he shut up. So heres me,

SHUT THE F#%$ UP AND BE A BETTER PERSON!!!!!!!!!1111111!!11!!1oneone 

And for that guy saying the lend-lease programs from ww2 were worthless, you're psycho. The P-51 MUSTANG alone was developed by americans, after the british wanted some p-40s and they said they could build a better airplane. THE P-51!! Guess how many of those were built in total. Thats exactly right 14,819. Guess how long they were used. That also is exactly right, it was used un til the 70's in Central and South america. That is ONE FUCKING PIECE OF THE LEND LEASE PROGRAM. probably a tiny piece. Stop bashing America and check your facts you canadian and british n00bs. And to all you other Brits and Canadians, I'm sry but these people desperately need to be shut up.

Last edited by n1nj41c l337ne55 (2006-01-12 17:40:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard