mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6728|Sydney, Australia
By the sound of it, your ISP sucks... I'm with iinet.

70 dollars a month (incl. VOIP phone for $10) gets me 24MBit internet and 40gig of downloads.

Mcminty.
jord
+2,382|6685|The North, beyond the wall.
Well i played it and the only bad thing i can find is lack of servers.

I'm getting really into it now.

I've only come off it because of:

https://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6274/screen094og4.png

My internet died,along with the other 5 passengers.

Last edited by jord (2007-03-17 14:15:52)

DesertFox
+4|6476

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

oh...my...god. Vanilla BF2 is a piece of shit compared to PR, I was so amazed at how much PR is better than BF2.  I don't think I will ever play vanilla again, at least not for a VERY long time.
Hey wern't you the guy who hacked with the A-10 on Al Basrah?
Nah, he doesnt hack just a glitcher.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6699

DesertFox wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

oh...my...god. Vanilla BF2 is a piece of shit compared to PR, I was so amazed at how much PR is better than BF2.  I don't think I will ever play vanilla again, at least not for a VERY long time.
Never even flown an A-10 yet. And that glitching incident can be explained. One of your insurgents tried glitching into the house with the grapple, I shot him after he threw the rope, then me and my squad decided to teach you naughty terrorists a lesson. That was my only and last time I have exploited a glitch in any battlefield game/ mod.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-03-17 15:43:29)

theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6757
@ the original post - I doubt I will ever play BF2 again either but mainly because of the teamwork issue. I loved BF2 from the day I started playing it untill 2142 came out. But once I started playing 2142, which has more of a squad work aspect, I started to lose my love for bf2, and now that I have started playing PR I have completely lost my love of BF2.

I have tried to play BF2 once or twice in the last month or so, and the fact that teamwork means nothing is just very off-putting. I mean when I join in a game there are about 10 squads on the one side, each squad has one guy in it who is a sniper. no one is playing together, and all they are interested in is how many kills they can get. This just does not interest me anymore, when I play the game I want to win the game. I want to take every control point, defend the main ones and make sure my teammates dye less than the enemy.

I love the fact that in PR you NEED to be in a squad to actually get anywhere in the game, and you NEED to have a squad of 4 + to be an good squad leader. fair enough sometimes the squad mates might not follow orders like they do in bf2 and 2142, but the majority of PR players do want to play in a squad.

love it.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6643|Wigan. Manchester. England.
I do like it but i still prefer Bf2 over them all. Its the "original" battlefield game.

Dont get me wrong certain aspects if not all are alot better than BF2 and 2142 but i still enjoy them. Well not 2142, not played that in months, dont plan on doing either

No one om my xfire list never play PR eitehr so that annoys me coz i never know anyone i know whos on.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6757
scottomus, you should get yourself on the BF2s EU server TS and then join some of us for some games of PR then. Me, Superfly and others try to form a good squad when we play, although watch out for Superfly as he tends to teamkill more than he kills the enemy (not on purpose).
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6713

Superior Mind wrote:

DesertFox wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Never even flown an A-10 yet. And that glitching incident can be explained. One of your insurgents tried glitching into the house with the grapple, I shot him after he threw the rope, then me and my squad decided to teach you naughty terrorists a lesson. That was my only and last time I have exploited a glitch in any battlefield game/ mod.
Well you started a huge wall glitching battle.  The other day that happened with the USMC and the entire squad was banned.  Of course the rest of my team decides to do it so I followed them in, warned them to get out, and when they didn't I TKed them all.  It was sooooooo satisfying.

Friggin Wall-Glitcherz!
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6762
Well it is a great mod, but it takes time to get used to it. I also dl'ed it today and right now, it is more annoying than fun, but Im working on it. (I cant hit shit and im a bullet magnet). I've been screwed many times because the default state of the weapons is single shot and not auto or burst like in vBF2 and in a VERY close combat situation it can cause annoying surprises...
The other thing that bugs me is that when sometimes i try to spawn at a rally point I appear at the main flag with no vehicles around and can take a 5 minute walk.
After I improve my aim, and get used to the kit system and the realistic recoil of the weapons (and their default single shot mode) I think I will play it more than vBF2.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6699

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

DesertFox wrote:

Well you started a huge wall glitching battle.  The other day that happened with the USMC and the entire squad was banned.  Of course the rest of my team decides to do it so I followed them in, warned them to get out, and when they didn't I TKed them all.  It was sooooooo satisfying.

Friggin Wall-Glitcherz!
Unfortuantly I got banned from that server (think it was that one). It is the 24/7 Al Basrah server. Suck because that is the only Al Basrah server ever popluated.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-03-19 18:29:22)

zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

Well it is a great mod, but it takes time to get used to it. I also dl'ed it today and right now, it is more annoying than fun, but Im working on it. (I cant hit shit and im a bullet magnet). I've been screwed many times because the default state of the weapons is single shot and not auto or burst like in vBF2 and in a VERY close combat situation it can cause annoying surprises...
The other thing that bugs me is that when sometimes i try to spawn at a rally point I appear at the main flag with no vehicles around and can take a 5 minute walk.
After I improve my aim, and get used to the kit system and the realistic recoil of the weapons (and their default single shot mode) I think I will play it more than vBF2.
yep it takes time to get used to. Specialy flying, tanking and ATing. You might want to try different stuff on a local server. This might help:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64613

If you have a mic (and you should for PR) than join VOIP and Teamwork squads. It doesnt matter that you are not 1337.
And that thing with spawning on main base.. that happens when you select a rally point thats not yours. For example, if you are in squad 3 you can only spawn on a rally point with a small "3" next to it. You cant spawn on other rally points. There are also so called "public" rally points that dont have a number next to them. You can spawn on those too.
Hope that helps
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6762
Thx!
I didnt know that!
Thanks for the help!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard