Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire
The end of Communism in China perhaps. Castro is still hanging in there and we don't know what way they'll go when he does go off to the great commune in the sky.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

Braddock wrote:

The end of Communism in China perhaps. Castro is still hanging in there and we don't know what way they'll go when he does go off to the great commune in the sky.
Do you really think they can hold Communism and the embargo without Castro in charge?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Do you really think they can hold Communism and the embargo without Castro in charge?
I'm thinking his brother does.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire
I have many friends who have been there and they say there is genuine love for the revolution there, granted there is dislike of it in places but make no mistake sergeriver it would not be easy to oust communism from that country, there are local civilian 'militia' that pass on all information in every little town. This re-inforces the siege mentality of pro-revolutionaries and dissuades anti-revolutionaries from risking voicing their opinions too vocally. It is a well oiled political machine in the same way that a country like the US would not sit back and let communism become the law of the land. He is the figurehead but he is not the revolution itself.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Someone been telling you stories Kmarion?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Someone been telling you stories Kmarion?
Yes the thousands of Cubans I live with all around me. The ones that risked their life and the lives of their families on an small boat to get away from that island. I have heard the "stories" all of my life and I have many Cuban friends.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

kmarion wrote:

Yes the thousands of Cubans I live with all around me. The ones that risked their life and the lives of their families on an small boat to get away from that island. I have heard the "stories" all of my life and I have many Cuban friends.
I meant about my brother ....?
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6800
I'm interested to know what effects this will have on the rural population. At the moment anyone born in rural China will be given the land to build their house on by the government. Will this mean they'll now have to pay for it?

It's good to hear some possitive news coming from China as I found it to be a wholey wonderful place.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

kmarion wrote:

I meant about my brother ....?
lol.. Castro's Brother
Xbone Stormsurgezz
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6557|Sweden
In fact Kmarion is right.
Raul Castro is in charge at the moment and he is quite popular with the people too. The cubans have no intentions of letting go of their beliefs just yet. The majority of the people still believe in the system and think it can work. They are not too pleased with their standard of living though, which is rather poor. The trade embargo against Cuba isn't helping etither, and in my opinion, totally unnecessary. Cuba is no threat politically or military and the embargo should be taken away. Most cubans only want to be left in peace and live their lives as everybody else.

I happen to know a bit about these things since i'm married to a cuban woman and spend several months there every year. It's a fantastic country and i suggest you check it out while it's still "cuban".
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire
Oh I get it, I thought you meant my brother, he's been to Cuba you see. I thought for a minute there you were psychic!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

klassekock wrote:

In fact Kmarion is right.
Raul Castro is in charge at the moment and he is quite popular with the people too. The cubans have no intentions of letting go of their beliefs just yet. The majority of the people still believe in the system and think it can work. They are not too pleased with their standard of living though, which is rather poor. The trade embargo against Cuba isn't helping etither, and in my opinion, totally unnecessary. Cuba is no threat politically or military and the embargo should be taken away. Most cubans only want to be left in peace and live their lives as everybody else.

I happen to know a bit about these things since i'm married to a cuban woman and spend several months there every year. It's a fantastic country and i suggest you check it out while it's still "cuban".
You are right on the money. Of course Raul is only like 5 years younger than Fidel. 70 something?

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-16 07:41:32)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6713|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Braddock wrote:

Not to mention the fact Sinn Féin are going from strength to strength here
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
China, if it ever was Communist, has not been for a long time.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Bubbalo wrote:

China, if it ever was Communist, has not been for a long time.
I agree, in the same way the USSR wasn't real communist after Stalin. They were Stalinist/Maoist (which is more like a megalomanical-totalitarionism under the facade of 'communism')
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616
commiechipmunk is not going to like this thread

Last edited by blademaster (2007-03-17 01:20:07)

Superglueman
+21|6330|The Great South Land
Thats why there will be another world war, because america want everyone trading under the banner of demoncracy, so that they control everyone in every way. Lift the sanctions on Cuba...why...that would "help" their culture?
America dont want other "cultures" to thrive...just one to dominate.
Like how they insisted to Russia about the kind of demoncracy they should have...and Russia said, no,  we'll have demoncracy "our" way...then america said there was still more room for discussion....our way or the highway i guess...accept corruption of your society or no profits for you!

Communism and islam are increasing, and the west has only to wait a decade or so and the matter will get settled for them...

Demoncracy..Communism...its really just about rich and poor....rich of the world telling the poor of the world how,when,where and why to live...

america/demoncracy stands for all the worst traits of mankind...
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

Superglueman wrote:

Thats why there will be another world war, because america want everyone trading under the banner of demoncracy, so that they control everyone in every way. Lift the sanctions on Cuba...why...that would "help" their culture?
Like how they insisted to Russia about the kind of demoncracy they should have...and Russia said, no,  we'll have demoncracy "our" way...then america said there was still more room for discussion....our way or the highway i guess...accept corruption of your society or no profits for you!

Communism and islam are increasing, and the west has only to wait a decade or so and the matter will get settled for them...

Demoncracy..Communism...its really just about rich and poor....rich of the world telling the poor of the world how,when,where and why to live...

you are one jaded motherfucker, and im glad we piss off people like you

dont like the whole rich/poor thing?
get a job and earn some money, then it wont bother you.
or rebel, rebel, rebel........you will make a difference, i promise....
LOL
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Superglueman wrote:

Mate... I respect your opinions, but...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Hillary.

Superglueman wrote:

That is so monumentally brainless that I'll have to mark you down as a troll. But you are right in one respect: the US wants power and influence. But how exactly does this set us apart from others?

Additionally, we're a constitutional republic.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-03-17 05:59:40)

motherdear
+25|6622|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

I'm interested to know what effects this will have on the rural population. At the moment anyone born in rural China will be given the land to build their house on by the government. Will this mean they'll now have to pay for it?

It's good to hear some possitive news coming from China as I found it to be a wholey wonderful place.
no it won't, the chinese goverment still own the land.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard