Kissmybumper
+2|6533
I agree with everything Hurricane said. I'd like to add some of my own wishes too.
1. Better reload animations. I kind of hate how on the ak-101's double magazine, its always just toss it in the air and there magically a fresh mag. All i want from that to make it so that one your done with both mags on that set, you get a new set of 2 magazines stuck together. In other words ( reload, toss magazine 180, cock gun, reload, drop the used set of double magazines and pull out a fresh set)
2. It would be pretty awesome if reloading was more realistic. I really want to see like when you still have one round in the chamber, you just pull out the magazine and put a new one in without cocking the gun rather than just putting a new magazine in and cocking it even if it has one round chambered.
GCroke
+2|6265
1. Release some Internet Only maps for use in Single Player, simply to allow players to get more of a feel for the maps offline before they go into a live fire game.  This will also give players more choice if they aren't connected to the internet and they still want their fix.  And maybe make the existing ones available in single player 32 and 64 maps with the corresponding extra bots

2. I don't know if this is possible but add in a new use for all weapons, for example in some situations you run out of bullets but are in the middle of a fight so add a function that should you run out of bullets you can use the secondary fire (aim) button before the reload animation to use the butt of the weapon as a smashing instrument, this could also be used if you are completely out of bullets where it switches over to your primary fire button as sometimes using your scope (in the case of Sniper) could still be helpfull, this could take off 25% health per hit.

3. Speed up the Animation for the L85A1 Medic weapon (I think its that one), where you actually can insert the magazine properly without banging it on the side before going 'Ooops, the holes there, dur' then inserting it properly.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6655|USA
maps where a few (16 or so_ players must defend a hilltop, key point, etc, from thousands of bots. That would be amazing. Like some position, heavily fortified with mounted MGs, etc, and you cannot leave a 15m radius. Kinda like a Zombie server, i guess. i just really like the gritty feel of being heavily outnumbered, expending all ammunition, hand to hand etc. whew, need a  cold shower now.
t0mhank5
+319|6713|Surge

R0lyP0ly wrote:

maps where a few (16 or so_ players must defend a hilltop, key point, etc, from thousands of bots. That would be amazing. Like some position, heavily fortified with mounted MGs, etc, and you cannot leave a 15m radius. Kinda like a Zombie server, i guess. i just really like the gritty feel of being heavily outnumbered, expending all ammunition, hand to hand etc. whew, need a  cold shower now.
just play Call of Duty 2, you silly boy!
David.P
Banned
+649|6275
Make PR ranked!(Man i was just thinking about making my own zombie mod for bf2, But sadly i have no programming skills)
bigdroo
+7|6428|Yooahss-ayy!
Are they even working on another patch? 2142 has been out for a little while now. Don't they usually abandon the previous game by now?
GCroke
+2|6265

bigdroo wrote:

Are they even working on another patch? 2142 has been out for a little while now. Don't they usually abandon the previous game by now?
From the general feel I get it seems as if people are switching back to BF2, probably because I think it's more playable

anywhoo another wish

1. Levels of vehicles used in game, for example three options:

[] Basic Transport
[] Armoured Transport
[] Aircraft

Basic transport consisting of Jeeps, Humvee's, buggys etc
Armoured transport consiting of Tanks, APC's, AA
Aircraft consiting of Heli's and Planes

Purely becuase on some large maps having a Humvee or buggy to get you around quicker would be nice, but you don't want the full force of heavy vehicles and heli's shooting at you... plus you could have race around the map.  Where as some maps you might want to have dogfighting only with helis and plane and reduce tickets that way.  Whereas on some maps like Operation Harvest, Taraba Quarry (one's that are more tank heavy) you could make the game last longer for infantry, but still having basic transort to get around.
theexterminator222
Banned
+16|6311
Okay well i know EA will probably never do this but i've always thought it would be cool if the carriers were mobile and destructible.  Not on all maps, but on oman/wake for example it would be cool if the carrier could move closer to land.  I am a huge wake whore but i think it would make the map more balanced and fun if the the carrier could come to land.  A couple adjustments would have to be made though.  First the essex guns would need alot more armor, or perhaps shorter respawn. As far as how the carrier would be moved and who would decide it would work like this.  Commander picks a spot where he wants the carrier to go.  Then a vote takes place.  If you don't vote it counts as a YES vote.  This would prevent retards from taking the carrier off the map etc.  The carrier could be destructible as well.  Say an equivalent of 75 j10 bombs would destroy it.  If this happens the carrier repawns in 5 minutes and the US can get its ass raped at arty island. 
Another suggestion.  Make all carriers like the one in Iron Gator.  If flags could be taken on the carrier by the chinese/mec if they had all the bases it would be sweet and give both teams something to do.  Plus all those j10/heli whores couldn't do shit to the battle inside the carrier.
MOST IMPORTANT AND REALISTICLastly There should be a THREE second period after you spawn in which you are invincible but unable to fire your weapon except when you spawn on your squadleader.  This would solve most spawnkilling problems
Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna
+42|6633|Norway
there is a bug with the grenades that needs to be fixed.

sometimes when you push the right mouse button to toss a grenade, the animations starts and the bar turns white, but when you release the button nothing happens. then sometimes the grenade is thrown seconds after, or you have to push the right button again 2, 3 or 4 times only to throw it the minimum distance.
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney
Eh, i hope this patch comes out, i might revert back to BF2 from 2142....again.
fantasio
+0|6665|Cologne/Germany
If I am the gunner in a chopper and press F9 immediately, so that i can see a lot more, switch to TV, fire and switch back i need to press F9 again. I wish my View is stored, so when i switch back from TV i dont need to press F9 again.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6653|The Netherlands

Hurricane wrote:

Attention soldiers! (hehe, EA trying to be funny...)

Given the recent light from the EA forums that says a new patch may come from DICE for BF2:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=61122

I say we make a big wishlist of all the things we want from this patch, to post on the EA forums once it's reached a satisfactory completion.

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST A SUGGESTION, BE CONSTRUCTIVE. SOMETHING LIKE "FIX THE GAY G36E" IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE AND LEAVES THE GUESSWORK TO DICE. PLEASE SAY SOMETHING LIKE "The G36E should be slightly less accurate, and have more recoil." Also, try to not request new weapons and the like; in an interview a while ago DICE said they couldn't put in more unlocks due to memory constraints or something. The main focus of this patch should be to fix all the balance issues and glitches that happen in the game, rather than new content. Also, I highly doubt that EA will give away the booster packs. ANY SUGGESTION THAT IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE OR IS ABSURD WILL NOT BE PUT INTO THE WISHLIST.

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS THE ORIGINAL BF2 1.5 PATCH SUGGESTIONS LIST. IF YOU SEE THIS ON ANY OTHER FORUM OR WEBSITE THAT DOES NOT GIVE CREDIT TO ME OR THIS TOPIC, PLEASE PM ME. TAKING MY WORK WITHOUT MY PERMISSION IS CONSIDERED PLAGIARISM. I WON'T SUE YOU, BUT IT'S A FUCKING LAME THING TO DO. THANK YOU

BATTLEFIELD 2 PATCH 1.5 SUGGESTIONS LIST

------BUGS, GLITCHES, ETC-----

-Fix the F-35B USMC fighter jet. Lots of research on Total BF2 has found that the issue lies in the hitbox of the F-35, it is simply too large. This causes it to get hit by the majority of missiles fired at it, which makes maps like Wake Island extremely unbalanced. Ideally, the hitbox of the F-35 should be made much smaller. Its performance should not exceed the F-18's, but perhaps match the MiG-29.

-If hitboxes cannot be modified, then perhaps making the air-to-air missiles less effective. Not as bad as 1.12's, but not as good as 1.4's. The ground-to-air (Stinger, IGLA, Essex) should retain their current effectiveness against air targets.

-Improve the netcode (hit registration). Many compelling videos have been made (search on YouTube for "BF2 hit detection") that show how bad the hit registration really is. One can experience this first-hand by just going into any BF2 server. The hitboxes should match the models MUCH more closely, rather than trailing behind them.

-Improve the helicopter netcode. A missile going through the front of a helicopter is unacceptable. The hitboxes are very erratic on them. As stated, a missile going through the front will never net a kill, and a missile can go underneath a helicopter and kill it.

-TV missile glitches need to be fixed. For instance, after firing a TV missile and switching to guns, then switching back to the TV Missile, the missile will reload again. This prevents you from firing. Another glitch that happens is the player hears the firing sound, and sometimes even the pilot sees the missile, but no missile is fired and the reload process starts again.

-Fix the Warlord palace glitch.

-Fix the Wake Island airfield glitch (players can glitch into some of the buildings near the flag)

-Fix the Karkand market glitch (players can glitch into the area near the TOW)

-Fix the hit crosshairs on aircraft HUDs. Currently only the Su-34 has the crosshair; the BFPro mod used in the CAL competition league fixes this.

-Looping sound for weapons is out of sync with the weapon's fire. BFPro also addresses this.

-Sniper rifles, when zoomed in, sometimes zoom right back out. Whether this is poor netcode or just network lag/packet loss is uncertain, but if it's a game issue it would be nice to have fixed. This also has been reported to be a problem with other scopes/ironsights.

-Fix the CTD issue where when a player picks up a kit, they crash to their desktop.

-Fix multiple server browser issues, such as favorites clearing when pressing "Refresh", not being able to type into the filters, and bad ping reports (the ludicrous 99823498 "ping"), and the browser taking a very long time to report server info (the entire interface freezes until the server info is retrieved).

-Some players have reported that their sprint immediately empties out upon sprinting.

-Fix the Private bug, where you show up as a private and/or don't have your unlocks. Whether this is a GameSpy feed issue or a game issue is unknown to us, but if it can be fixed it would be nice.

-Fix the "redlining" problem, where players can hover their chopper gunners out of bounds and have them die. If any passengers in the vehicle are out of bounds, all passengers should be considered out of bounds.

-Let users be able to click on ribbons in BFHQ to see their description. The only way to see the description for a ribbon right now is if it is in the "Recently Earned" section.

-The sound glitch where, if a player near you fires a full auto weapon, the firing sound keeps playing is still present.

-Players report that if a person is sitting in any position other than the driver's seat in a transport vehicle, the vehicle will not show up on commander scans.

-Defibrillators (shock paddles) do not always recharge right away after many uses.

-If a TOW or AA site is fired (AA sites have both missiles fired), if the user gets out before the site reloads, then the next time someone gets into the site it has to do the reloading sound before firing.

-Jets have buggy laser guided missiles. Sometimes when reloading the 4 missiles, the player cannot switch out of missile view until missiles are reloaded. Other times, the missiles are completely bugged and when a player clicks and hears the sound of the missile firing (they even see the missile), no missile is actually fired. This is usually not fixed unless the player bails out, or the jet is destroyed.

-Server loading screen is still buggy. It usually displays the default settings, and no IP and server name.

-If the Sergeant Major of the Corps is still an included rank, it should be fixed to be given to actual Sergeant Major. The last known SMotC was a person with 170,000 points who had not played since February, and thus never got promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel until he played another round many months after 1.2.

-On the kit selection screen, the unlock selection thing is messed up. The shadow of the next weapon is not accurate. For instance, if your Medic kit currently has the AK-101 chosen, the shadow next to the Weapon Change will show the G36E twice rather than the L85A1, then the G36E.

-Change the RIB so that MEC RIBs have an RPK-74, and PLA RIBs have the Type 95

-Players have reported not receiving the Middle East Service ribbon even though they meet all the criteria.

-MECSF and SEAL ribbons sometimes arrive to players before they have all the hours needed, and sometimes do not arrive until much later.

----GAMEPLAY BALANCE AND TWEAKS------

-Increase the rate at which engineers gain repair points. Rather than getting one point for a 'full' repair, the player should get one point for a 'half' repair. Example: if a UAV is at full health then destroyed by 2 packs of C4, an engineer that repairs it fully would get 2 points.

-Lower the Veteran and Expert Armor badge requirements. Veteran Armor should require only 75 hours in armor, and Expert Armor should only require 175 hours. Because of the abundance of armor on any map, this makes it so the requirements are more reasonable for all players while not being quite as easy as 50/150 hours.

-Tweak the Blackhawk helicopter's miniguns. They should have higher damage, slightly less than what they had in the 1.12 patch. Given the current changes that have happened to Blackhawks, the improved weaponry should be more than balanced by the lower armor and the longer amount of time it takes an engineer to repair the helicopter. This would also make maps like Wake Island more balanced.

-One content request: a PLA vs. USMC urban map. The urban maps (Mashtuur, Sharqi, Karkand, Jalalabad) are arguably the most popular maps in BF2, and this unfortunately means less servers with PLA maps. An urban PLA map would be a change from the usual MEC v. USMC fights in the streets. Although one of the reasons there haven't been any PLA city maps is because of a lack of good Chinese models for buildings, the map Great Wall from the Euro Force booster pack offers some good CQC battles. Simply making a map like Mashtuur but slightly closer flags and China instead of MEC would be fine.

-Perhaps increase the TV missile distance to 450 or 500 meters. Less than their original, but slightly more effective than their current limit of 350.

-Let SAM batteries (IGLA, Stinger, Essex) lock on once aircraft come into visual range. Players have even had times where a square appears around the aircraft but no lock on until they're already able to easily kill the guy in the AA.

-Claymores should be able to be destroyed again. This will essentially nip the claymore problem in the bud.

-Random deviation should be lowered. Not to CS or BFPro levels, just a tad better than right now.

-Possibly make the G36E about as accurate as the M16A2. It should be considered an alternative to the gun, not a better version.

-M95 should not be able to shoot the cockpits of friendly aircraft.

-Any TK's caused by running over someone in a jet should not count as a TK, and should instead count as a suicide for the person who gets killed. This will stop jet blocking.

-Choppers should be heard from a longer distance.

-Grenade launcher should be more powerful, maybe a SLIGHTLY larger splash radius

-ARMORED FURY: Increase WZ-11 and EC-635 armor

-ARMORED FURY: Increase attack jet armor, increase attack jet gun power.

-Smoke grenades should have thicker, longer lasting smoke and Assault kits should carry 2 smoke grenades

-The crosshair for TV missiles does not contrast well with the sky on Dragon Valley. This makes Chopper to Chopper combat very difficult for most players, as it's near impossible to see where the crosshair is. The sky should be darkened in TV mode.

---FINALLY---

-TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS PATCH. The 1.4 patch was for the most part fine. Even though there was a 3 month wait for the patch to come out, this isn't nearly as bad because the current patch has far better stability than the 1.3 patch had. So the community will most likely not mind you guys taking your time with this patch, since it was made evident that doing things right rather than rushing them will please the playerbase.

-Perhaps do a public beta as was done with the 1.4 patch. Did it take a while? Yes. But 1.4 ended up not having random freak server crashes, client crashes, etc because of the testing that went into it. Put love into your work and your players will love you back. Testing with Combat Testing (a division of Combat Studios that apparently worked on previous patches with DICE), BF2RS, and BFROE is also encouraged. A "Patch Feedback" forum on a major site such as Total BF2 would also be nice, as it seemed to work well for Patch 1.4.

Come on guys, if enough people (and the right people) can see this list, we can get what could be the last BF2 patch (assuming it is going to be developed) to be the best. We can make BF2 be at its prime, perhaps not as good as 1.12 but pretty close! POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS (REMEMBER TO BE CONSTRUCTIVE) AND I WILL EDIT THEM INTO THIS LIST.
i'll put my name under this good job if this is 1.5 bf2 is much more fun
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6529|Belgium

very nice list, one remark:
Perhaps increase the TV missile distance to 450 or 500 meters. Less than their original, but slightly more effective than their current limit of 350.
I didn't went through all these pages to look who suggested that, but the current range for a TV missile is 450 meters, not 350.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
Another thing what makes me mad.

If i run to the helo pad and wait to it to respawn and 2-3 others are also there (you know this situation) and im pressing " E " all the time to auto jump into the helo/jet.And what happens ?
Im happy that im in the helo/jet and that sec I already bail out and got lag and i didnt hold it longer.
I know if u stay there and u press E it will jump in and bail out after 1 sec if u hold that E botton.

*** I would like this to cahnge that u can bail out only if you press " E " again and no auto bailing out if u still hold it ***

*** And yes RED NAME bug is still there.I saw it on Ghost Town and on Op. Road Rage where i was the victim i was Tk-ed like 5 times by a team player ***

*** Include all missing ribbons,badges,medals what you still havnt added like EU ribbon etc. ***

Please add the 3 things into ur list.

Last edited by venom6 (2007-03-07 11:03:57)

David.P
Banned
+649|6275
I wish that they would let the M95 shoot through engine blocks of all transport vehicles and heli's.(Say you shot the engine of a fav thats coming towards you and ya damage it to smoking or shoot a heli twice in the engine to blow it up in mid air)

Please Give the L85 less deviation per shot when on full auto(It's supposed to be an upgrade is'nt it?)

And finally i know this is gonna sound stupid but for the love of god give us level 3 and kit specific unlocks! PSG1 for snipers, Timed demo charges for spec op's( I cant tell how many times i've benn killed waiting for someone to get in the plane while i rigged it with c4), And Javelin AT for us AT guy's who want the tank dead now not after a few Sraw/Eryx hits.
Commando
+8|6603

Doms wrote:

Eh, i hope this patch comes out, i might revert back to BF2 from 2142....again.
Im feeling the same. BF2142 is boring the hell outta me lately
{DHL}GrendeL
+2|6261|Narre Warren Victoria
its simple, only 3 grenades a round and drop the gay medic gun
gCASEy200
Banned
+40|6280|L-town MA
fix nothing
granpasam
+0|6261
Read most of everyones comments, I agree with most of main wishlist but a personal addition would be....

AT
Increase explosion zone on AT missiles as unless they hit vehicles or a man dead on they do very if any damage, so being a lone AT sucks. If you miss your target but land next to or on wall etc why cant it give a damage radius like a grenade or claymore which I feel kill far far to easily.

Also why can AT not carry a smoke or flash grenade to help mask them from a tank

Engineer
Really agree about engineers getting more points for fixing things as it takes more time than blowing it up which you get more points for and as an eng you are less likely to win average gun fight.

Plus you should be able to spot claymores this way an eng would know to remove it or others wouldnt need to run over it without knowing.

Would be cool if like in Enemy territory the engineer could erect fences guns etc, but that im sure would be wishful thinking but add other elements to the game.

Heli
I dont agree with the TV missile going further distance as it is already to easy taking out most things before you can even get a lock on or see the helicopter.

Aircraft
Dont see how Bombs from jets that you watch fly over your head and land way off can kill you, just isnt right. they take out infantry to easily ( wish I was a better pilot to maximise on this)

Stat padding
Wouldnt it also be nicer to have a quicker route for reporting Stat padders as they ruin the game and peoples efforts to gain quality scores. Would also be Nice for EA to actually act on the info.

Enough with my whinning, Im getting back to the game.
!ReuBeN
+0|6255
Everything in Hurricanes list was spot on imo, if they dont make claymores destroyable how about adding an ability to spot them, as with enemies (maybe same could apply for C4 and the mines also?)

Show up similar to a friendly claymore, visible through walls etc.
jay515
+0|6271
Just put it back to normal (no IO ever again). It was so much fun before 1.4 patch came out. Now we have 99% of servers running Karkand set on IO (= nade spamming nonstop, medic whoring with g36e...)
Killya
+4|6293
Great list!!!  The G36e is easily the best gun in the game, making medics the superior kit right now with all the extra bonus points on top you can get with healing and revives.  Medics effectively are a super assault class.  The assault class guns should have that type of accuracy afforded to the medic kit weapons, especially the 2nd unlock for assault which will not hit the broad side of a barn after the 2nd bullet in the burst leaves the chamber.  My fave weapon, the g36e should be slightly nerfed with range and/or accuracy, as much as I hate to say it.   The prop to have jet runway blockers get suicide penalties  is awesome...it is inevitable that some smacktard that can't fly wants a chance to tk punish those who stole "their" jet.   Those who can fly know how annoying that is and wouldn't likely punish anyways.

As long as we are wishing, for some time I have wanted to see a map or expansion for BF2 that is all about air power, a bunch of jets and choppers for everyone to use, with extreemely accurate bots on the ground in armour, transports, and in AA fighting each other to take the flags on the ground.  The accuracy of the bots would make it suicide to be on foot, making air power the only real option for the humans on the level.  The low difficulty of the bots in single player right now would make it too easy to consider this type of set up.  Something like Darksim difficulty for the bots that were in the game Perfect Dark, for example.   *Sigh*  I'm sure this is just a pipe dream...
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6653|United States
I would like to ea fix and add those thing

- Add the European Service Ribbon

- Make all ribbons show on bfhq

- Fix the Insugents hideout glitch on warlord

- Fix the palace glitch on warlord

- Make the black hawk mini gun more powerful

-  Wake Island should have this vehicle for usmc team.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6329|105 RVK

Private_Adam wrote:

I would like to ea fix and add those thing

-  Wake Island should have this vehicle for usmc team.
lol J10s gonna get 20 kills when they take that thing down
rouleed
+1|6255
One very annoying thing is that you sometimes can't walk between stones.
For example, there are the rocks by the flag at the peninsula at Road to Jalalabad. A few yards from the TOW there a two stones that's at least one foot apart. Even if one of the stones is small enough to climb with one step you still can't run between them. Fatal if you are running from, say, a tank.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard