=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6560|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Like CameronPoe, I also have a few issues.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim.
In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

According to the CIA World Fact Book, the US has 30m Muslims compared to Afghanistan’s 29m.  However, this is bullsh*t  statistics as the US has a population of 300m people.  So in reality, the US has 1% Muslim Population vs 100% in Afghanistan.  You could just as easily say that there are more Catholics in England than there are in the Vatican!

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

Hmm this guy should see “Root Of All Evil” by Richard Dawkins and he’d soon see that there are many places (especially the South) where Atheism is by no means tolerated.  Groups of them have to secretly get together in meetings called “Free Thinkers” as their views aren’t welcome in public.  To say that all of America embraces atheism is ridiculous.  He also contradicts himself next by then talking about “God given rights”.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

So is the first sentence suggesting that you shouldn’t dislike Rich people?  So if Bill Gates sh@gged my missus, I can’t be angry at him just because he’s I prosperous?  Also, the levels of poverty amongst the poor in America is disgusting, even before Katrina the people of New Orleans lived in conditions that made me think I was watching a report about a poor region of Africa.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

Ha ha, if he’s gonna generalise then so am I by saying that must be the first time a large Jewish population has been described as ‘generous’.  Also, does this guy think that the US got nothing from WW2?  The help they gave in Europe was in exchange for the dollar being the trading currency in Oil; which is the only thing that keeps America as “prosperous” as it is and is why they are the only country that makes a trade loss every year.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

And if memory serves me correct, the person you helped and gave arms to was none other than Osama Bin Laden.  Also, they only helped out because of their hate for Russia at the time; if it was any other country they wouldn’t have given two sh*ts.

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan.

Doesn’t that suggest that terrorism works?  Attack our country and we’ll give money to yours.

Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

Don’t we all welcome the best products?  If he means makes than I’m sure the car industry, William Shakespeare and Gordon Ramsey (or any other World Famous chef) would disagree with that.  Besides, Middle-Easten cuisine is far more edible than McDonald’s.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

The Statue of Liberty is French first of all and they certainly aren’t welcoming immigrants at the moment from what I’ve seen on the news.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6581|USA

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

I'm sorry, but I find this hilariously funny.  It's crap like this that gives Americans a bad reputation.
I know. Why a dentist? Should have made it a doctor.
while we're at it, shoulda just fucking made it god. or allah. or buddha. pick one.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
Nice post, some odd facts in there but its sort of true i guess.

However this guy:

fadedsteve wrote:

Some asshole from Europe or elsewhere will bash this topic as rubbish. . . .

Before they can spew their hate towards the land I love. . . I shall fire a pre-emptive. . . 

FUCK YOU!  Love it our leave it, if you bash it, I shall bash YOU! get off your soapbox
Sure as hell ain't an American, from personal experience. They ain't all blind like this man here.
[Ew]Ess
+2|6322

Bubbalo wrote:

Britain didn't go into Vietnam (or South Korea?), for one.
Britain did fight in the Korean War

Last edited by [Ew]Ess (2007-03-09 15:08:18)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6839|Grapevine, TX
Yeah I posted this and was flamed for this over a year ago, but I'm glad you posted it. I still love the content, whether  a Dentist or someone else wrote it. +1

EDIT: spelling

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2007-03-09 17:30:47)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6501|Menlo Park, CA

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Some asshole from Europe or elsewhere will bash this topic as rubbish. . . .

Before they can spew their hate towards the land I love. . . I shall fire a pre-emptive. . . 

FUCK YOU!  Love it our leave it, if you bash it, I shall bash YOU! get off your soapbox
Some asshole from Oregon here.

Fuck you right back, pal. I'm here for the duration of my natural life, not going anywhere else anytime soon and definitley not worried about being bashed.

America's not perfect. It's not above reproach and never should be. Screaming at anyone who makes a criticism that they're America-haters is dishonest and plainly dangerous. Our leaders are humans, not gods, and when they fuck up, they need to be called on it. We don't need people fanatically defending them no matter what decisions they make because of some childish notion that America can do no wrong or trying to define for the rest of us what's acceptable criticism. If you want to live in that kind of country, you're the one who needs to leave and find yourself a nice authoritarian state where they brook no dissent and no disagreement with leaders or government policy.
Oregon. . . .figures!!! I went to the Univ. of Oregon btw!! Very/TOO liberal in my book!! But good school and I love rooting for my Ducks!!

I have no problem with dissent, thats what our soldiers fight and die to preserve!! I DO have problems with outlandish America bashing!! Yes were not perfect, but things could be ALOT worse without the USA around!! And all you assholes KNOW IT!!! You guys all sweat the USA, our culture, our sports, our girls, celebrities, everything. . .this world we be a shitty boring place without us Yanks around!

And too all who say FUCK THE USA. . . . get over your jealousy, it seriously grows tiresome!! You guys hold WAY too many resentments!! USA is a great country, were not perfect, but we take care of business and thats all that matters. . . you little pussy ass Euro trash fags can blow me!!

off topic: I love how one of the most popular new names in Britain last year was Muhammed. . . . . .if thats the case you guys are FUCKED!! lol

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-03-09 15:34:31)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6503|Connecticut

Bubbalo wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

I'm sorry, but I find this hilariously funny.  It's crap like this that gives Americans a bad reputation.
I know. Why a dentist? Should have made it a doctor.
Actually, what I meant is that an American printed something, and then, in all probability, an American claimed it was an Australian.  Then people find out, and decide Americans must be arrogant.

And, personally, I think the mistake wasn't so much making it a dentist as making it Australian: we're (arguably) your closest ally.
sarcasm.
Malloy must go
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

According to the CIA World Fact Book, the US has 30m Muslims compared to Afghanistan’s 29m.  However, this is bullsh*t  statistics as the US has a population of 300m people.  So in reality, the US has 1% Muslim Population vs 100% in Afghanistan.  You could just as easily say that there are more Catholics in England than there are in the Vatican!
Hehe, nice math.  30M/300M = 10%, not 1%.  However, I suppose you mistyped because the CIA world factbook says 1% of the population is Muslim, which would be almost 3M people.  But, according to this article from religioustolerance.org, it's hard to tell how many Muslims are in the US.  I don't know how accurate their numbers are or what their political bias might be, but their article on how to find the number of Muslims in the US seems fair because they show different sources showing anywhere from 1 to 12 million Muslims in the US between 1995 and 2001.  In fairness, the 12M figure came from a Pakistani newspaper, so it's probably not reliable.
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR

fadedsteve wrote:

And too all who say FUCK THE USA. . . . get over your jealousy, it seriously grows tiresome!! You guys hold WAY too many resentments!! USA is a great country, were not perfect, but we take care of business and thats all that matters. . . you little pussy ass Euro trash fags can blow me!!
Who here has said "FUCK THE USA?"  I love my country, but I think there are plenty of great things about the European, Australian, and Thai cultures from what I've seen in my own experience.  You're being a serious douchebag by saying things like "you little pussy ass Euro trash fags can blow me."  You're being the exact type of American that makes the rest of the world think we're arrogant assholes.  There's plenty of room for appreciating our way of life, but it's not cool to act like everyone else in the world is stupid and useless.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6571

[Ew]Ess wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Britain didn't go into Vietnam (or South Korea?), for one.
Britain did fight in the Korean War
Ah, that's right.  It was a UN supported one.  My mistake.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6501|Menlo Park, CA

kilgoretrout wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Who here has said "FUCK THE USA?"  I love my country, but I think there are plenty of great things about the European, Australian, and Thai cultures from what I've seen in my own experience.  You're being a serious douchebag by saying things like "you little pussy ass Euro trash fags can blow me."  You're being the exact type of American that makes the rest of the world think we're arrogant assholes.  There's plenty of room for appreciating our way of life, but it's not cool to act like everyone else in the world is stupid and useless.
I'm not arrogant at all! I have an open mind, I have European friends (ex: for fuck sake I lived with a total liberal guy from France for a year!), I love people from all over the world.  I just think there is a lot of USA bashing on these forums, and I get sick of it. . . . You know, I know we arent perfect, we have made lots of foreign policy mistakes over the years. . . however, the benefits of the USA get overlooked by overzealous Euros/Aussies quite often here! Bottom line is the world would be worse off if say the USSR was around and running the show, and making world policy. . . .

Maybe I did over react with a "fuck you". . .i'll admit that! I just get frustrated cause I love my country and see that we get snubbed by others constantly.  But I guess that comes with the territory, when your number one, people try to knock you down or take cheap shots. . . Either way I shouldnt bother myself too much cause this is A. bf2 forums B. its the internet.  and arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded!!. . . . C. who really gives a fuck anyway!!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-03-10 00:03:22)

Smitty5613
+46|6537|Middle of nowhere, California
its not all aussies, its just that one... im sure there are some douches living in the US that would probably do the same stupid thing..... we shouldnt be dissing Australians, we should be pissed at the fukkin liberals all around the world

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard