Poll

Gonna see it this weekend?

Yes!56%56% - 109
No.43%43% - 85
Total: 194
link52787
+29|6531
I want to but all the tickets are sold out and I work on week nights.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6489|Somewhere else

I wanted too, but my girlfriend doesn't like action movies..gawd.  But, we might see Reno 911! Miami.  Good alternative I guess.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-03-09 15:34:37)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I wanted too, but my girlfriend doesn't like action movies..gawd.  But, we might see Reno 911! Miami.  Good alternative I guess.
don't bother.  It's like a 1-1/2 hour drawn out joke.  Don't get me wrong, the show is hilarious, but the movie, not so much.

Lots of cameos by other actors though.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6704|The Ville
I saw it on Wednesday, so I voted no.
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR
i saw it at midnight last night and thought it was fucking great.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6655

Hurricane wrote:

Anyways, I heard it's pretty good. But that "This is Spartaaaa"! line just cracks me up. Makes it seem like a grim comedy rather than a manly movie.
yeah good point I doubt thats how they addressed each other back then lol, plus they speak English too makes even less realistic. Also Spartan soldiers wore armor, and they were not bare chested as portrayed in the movie, in addition they all wore their plumed Spartan helmets.

Also  "Bill of human rights" was written by Persian king, Cyrus the great. He even declared a war with Babylon to defend human rights, in which he freed Babylon and thousands of Jews who were being kept as slaves by Babylonians. Persia is the only ancient empire in which slavery was banned. You can read many of these in old Testamone, too. Sparta is on the Peloponnesus, a hilly,rocky area at the southern end of the Greek peninsula. The Spartans conquered many people in the region and forced them to work as slaves. They developed their disciplined society because they were outnumbered by slaves, and needed to always be prepared for a slave revolt.

Last edited by blademaster (2007-03-09 15:55:36)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6458

What movie are u guys talking about? O_o

300! <<< wtf?

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-03-09 16:49:54)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

rabee2789b wrote:

300! <<< wtf?
google
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6398|New York
not this weekend, but i will see it.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
r'Eeee
+311|6458

stryyker wrote:

rabee2789b wrote:

300! <<< wtf?
google
yup
or.. vue cinema ftw
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

Probably won't be out in NZ 'till July.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
r'Eeee
+311|6458

oh thats cool, just saw the trailer! here its out on teh 23rd!
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6743|Singapore
Gah, 18 years restriction even though i am less than a month away from it. Watched Hannibal rising yesterday.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6845|Kubra, Damn it!

Looks okay, I'll probably catch it on Netflix. I like what this reviewer said about it though:

movies.com wrote:

Spartans, after a long day at the gym blasting protein and Creatine shakes to make themselves hugely muscled and eight-packed to outer space and back, enjoy nothing more than waxing their chests and backs, oiling up their pecs, lats, triceps, biceps, quads and glutes, then stripping down to loincloths and capes and chopping off the heads of their enemies.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6379|Calgary, Canada
too bad im 14. i guess i will try and buy tickets for like reno 911 or watever then go to 300. but sometimes the freakin security guards come in and shine a flashlight on u and are like, get out of here . Im hopin to see it Saturday tho.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6709|U.S

mtb0minime wrote:

I was gonna go see it. But then I read a review and apparently as far as a movie goes it just plain sucks. There's no real plot line, and it's all just a bunch of gratuitous violence. Well there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm just not in the mood to see a movie like that right now, let alone pay for one. I'll definitely rent it from my parents' Netflix though
WTF is wrong with you buddy violence in a movie like this is awesome.
Volatile
+252|6714|Sextupling in Empire

travisb05 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I was gonna go see it. But then I read a review and apparently as far as a movie goes it just plain sucks. There's no real plot line, and it's all just a bunch of gratuitous violence. Well there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm just not in the mood to see a movie like that right now, let alone pay for one. I'll definitely rent it from my parents' Netflix though
WTF is wrong with you buddy violence in a movie like this is awesome.
Yeah, if you don't like decapitations then this is definately not your film.

Who needs a plot? It's spartans kicking persian ass, that's all you need to know.

I give it 2 thumbs up.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6355|Twyford, UK
No, for these reasons:
1. I never see movies on release weekend anyway. People are morons.
2. No time, working.
3. Don't even know if it's out.
4. People who'd want to go with me are also working.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6473|Tyne & Wear, England
I'm a total film buff and I haven't even heard of it.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Master*
Banned
+416|6504|United States
I just saw it, if you want to see bodies bieng slaughtered for 2 hours then this is the movie for you. Not to mention the amount of nudity I saw in the movie, what sucked was that there was an ugly mutant right next to the half-naked hot chicks so that was bittersweet. It lived up to the hype in my opinion I just wish the plot was a little thicker.
bobby177
+129|6483|Texas.. getting out asap
I really liked it.

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6375|California
watching it tomorrow with all my friends! were all hyped!
USARANGER01
+35|6657|America
yup

i ordered my ticket for the 11 am show tommarrow
going with a ton of my friends then to get food, then girls basketball game
should  be a good day
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
Saw it today (I'd never seen a movie opening day but 300 was worth it).

Fucking. kicked. ass. SO MUCH BLOOD. IT WAS ORGASMIC..

This is like a "Drop everything and go see this movie" kind of movie.
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6541|Amherst, MA
If somebody uploads a TS or better, before monday... and there are enough seeds.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard