Go Ducks.
+346|6332|Oregon
I love IO.

Driving a tank is no fun.
Shooting at one is less fun.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

I play both depending on how I feel. You should all try that... It's amazingly fun at times... You know, to play BF2 for fun and not bitch about anything...

Hell, I even play 2142 at times for kicks! AND I DON'T BITCH OR GRIPE ABOUT IT!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
ethrion
+25|6389|Hong Kong @ the moment
Ive read in lots of places the IO is illegal and you can have your stats wiped if your caught on one of the servers. Ive also read the official rules that state this. However, there is an option to search for servers without vehicles so surely if there is an official filter then it cant be illegal.

p.s. Sorry for the n00bish question...
Baked Nut
+2|6461|Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I love IO best tghing Dice added to BF2

Not having to deal to deal with tank or jet whores i wonderful.....

But having said that i mix it up

I play normal BF2 (vehicles) then next night i might play Inf.....i also love a bit of the Expansion and boosters SF , EF & AF...

Variety is the spice of life IMO!
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6782|Bulgaria
IO sucks!
Nothing is better than 0wning n00bs with a T-90 on Karkand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do play IO from time to time, mainly to get some awards - like Expert Explosives, I got it on IO - I think you can't get this one on a regular server.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6760

SilentFox12345 wrote:

I'm really getting sick of seeing these.  Yesterday, when I checked all the ten or so really popular Karkand servers were inf. only.  Does anyone else want this to stop?
Umm, uncheck the no vehicles option, and quit your bitching.
ethrion
+25|6389|Hong Kong @ the moment

Sgt.Gene wrote:

SilentFox12345 wrote:

I'm really getting sick of seeing these.  Yesterday, when I checked all the ten or so really popular Karkand servers were inf. only.  Does anyone else want this to stop?
Umm, uncheck the no vehicles option, and quit your bitching.
Haha yeah! Personally I like IO servers. And if you dont like them then dont play them. This sounds like a job for...Captain Obvious!
Marinejuana
local
+415|6581|Seattle
using vehicles is easy mode. IO mode is easy mode.

playing infantry in vehicle servers is fun but difficult if you want to compete with vehicles for kills. their weapons work better and its harder to die. good bf2 infantry can dominate in a vehicle server or in IO, but it requires much less luck in IO.

If you are up against a good team of vehicle drivers (or say, one good chopper gunner, tanker, or jet pilot), and u have none of your own, yer gonna get raped. Given the dysfunction of teamwork in BF2, it can be annoying to participate in a game where "getting raped" is, i shutter to say it, out of your hands.

IO is just a more balanced, fair, and fun competition between a large group of people. A vehicle server is fun but if you think about it, its kind of stupid how some people have massive advantages with their vehicle. the result is "the wake island phenomenon" where literally half of the team can be neglecting the game as a whole while waiting over vehicle spawns. IO mode is a pretty level playing field unless you are averse to playing medic. in which case you gonna get raped.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-05 03:33:26)

master_blaster_josh
+67|6576|nl- utecht
no if u play with high skilled people it is not easy just play on waib dke unranked, then u know what skill is.
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6648|Norway
If you're tired of nade spammers go play SF. I have played SF 90% of the time the latest month and it's great fun. Some good servers out there with nice teamplay and decent players. Try the =GAY= clan server (no, nothing to do with homosexuals), or =USF=. Also, some german guys called C.D.R. has a pretty decent server. Most of these have plenty of players every night.

I won't go back to Karkand unless I want to play with some clan mates.

Last edited by Tor77 (2007-03-05 03:35:38)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

Check my stats...my game is mostly on maps that people in BF2 struggle to even recollect. I've got more time on AF than what most people have on all of the PLA, EF and AF maps put together.

Im a total vehicle map player, and have been since last May, June time and avoid Karkand at ALL costs since hitting 1st Sgt.

Therefore you'd think that my opinion would be totally biased towards vehicle servers.
Not so.

From my experience:
- IO on almost all vanilla maps sucks ass (all maps, all map sizes and all server sizes).
- IO on full 64man servers, especially Karkand2, aka Warlord, sucks ass.

IO is only good, with at the abolsute most - 16v16. And only on a select few maps: Night Flight, Warlord, Songhua, Devils Perch and maybe some other maps on 16player size.
IO is totally restricted because of how this game was designed and concieved from the word go. However, with small(ish) player counts, it can be good fun and all the revive muppets, nade spamming and claywhoring skill-less fucktarded 13year old kids are almost completely removed.

Although I do play IO from time to time, whenever I play IO, I just feel as if something is missing. Jets roaring over my head with bombs blowing up that tank on the other side of those trees, helis spinning in the air loosing off TV's at each other whilst that mobile AA is sat firing cannon and missiles at them, squads flying round in jeeps on flag capping missions whilst that transport heli is dropping off parachutists over another flag. Hell, even the "dreaded artillery" (grow the fuck up you whiners). The whole lot. Gone.

I agree that IO can be skillfull, but only outside of the massive servers littered with nade spamming losers. With smaller games it does test whether or not you really can go head to head with opponents and beat them.

However, in my experience, somebody who can pull off good scores on IO and somebody who can pull off good scores on normal mode, the normal mode players are generally more skilled because they have to put up with a variety of opponents, big and small, adapt and deal with more situations than just infantry vs infantry. And even then, its 99% medics, support and suicide bombers.
Even so called "heli whores". If they can avoid jets, AA, .50cals, tanks, APC's and other helis and still rack up huge scores - then that is skillful. If any IO player dubs a heli player "skill-less" then lets see you hit anything and everything with a TV missile. Or learn to circle helicopters around a CP. Dog fight in the BF2 jets and take down air units with mobile AA whilst living to tell the tale.

Whores only exist on city maps and those are the spawnraping tards.
To class somebody as a "jet whore" on a proper BF map is retarded. Is he supposed to just leave that jet there for somebody else - or even worse, the enemy to take? I think not. If you think otherwise, then you need to learn wtf teamplay is, and how to win games.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6418|San Antonio, TX
I've been mixing a little IO into my game play recently, and I've found that IO servers that run maps other than Karkand and RTJ can be fun.  (RTJ can be OK if you can move the major combat away from the USMC UCB).  Sharqi is an excellent IO map, and Dalian and Daqing (I know the trip to the first flag can be a little long) have produced some very interesting rounds for me.

I definitely will never (again) connect to a server that runs one map 24/7!  That is where you are going to find most of your nade spammers.  And the reason is the map NEVER CHANGES.  They know where to spawn, they know where to hide.  They know exactly what angle they need to get the nade where they want it to go.  But if you get on an IO that rotates maps, there seems to be more gun-fire.

I think I still prefer maps with vehicles, but some of the things stated above do ring true for those maps.  On IO, everyone is involved, you don't have people TKing for vehicles, or standing around waiting for their chance to TK for a vehicle.  But non-IO servers can suck too unless you can find a decent squad to run around with.
docnutz
+39|6755|B O S T ON area
I like both, and for io I love small maps which unfortunately are rare!

but i have no interest in 2142
Chillin&killin
+27|6671|Manchester,England
funny people complain about vehicles like the abram on a game and the real rebels that fight them dont.

"all out war on the modern battlefield" is what it says on the game case. true skill is not the ability to kill, it is the ability to live. which is alot harder on normal mode. so no one can say IO is for players with skill
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6542
I would rather play IO Karkand than watch someone park armor next to the hotel and spawn camp every single round.

People medic and nade whore regardless if it's IO or not anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6663

Hurricane wrote:

IO is lame. DICE's second greatest folly was listening to the fucktards who don't know how to use an anti-tank missile. What's that? Your team doesn't help you?

Hurricane wrote:

Most rounds of IO I've played are nothing but a bunch of running around with the occasional shooting. Mostly just flag-tag, stalemates, and pointwhoring. There's less thrill too. You don't have to be watching out for vehicles, you don't have to know how to effectively use AT mines, AT rockets, and C4.
Get off your high horse.  Your primary kits are Engineer and medic.  You only have 6 hours for AT weapon.  When not in armor, aircraft, or helicopter, you are medic-whoring.  I don't see much AA either or Ground Defense (shows how ineffective they are).  Very little AT mines, AT rocket, and C4 kills.  So, basically, what you are saying is, let someone else be AT while I vehicle whore and medic whore.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6663

bobroonie.bda wrote:

If people did'nt jet and helo "whore", then it might not have been a problem. But since jets and helo's "ruin" the game for many people they like IO.

a few reasons

1. Sick of being TK'd for jets and helo's.
2. Sick of half the team waiting for helo's and jets instead of playing the game to win.
3. when you finally get to helo gun the pilot wont take off because his "copilot" is not in the helo with him.
4. Being the helo pilot but now your gunner has no clue what he is doing, wont use T.V missles ect.

Dumbasses that only fly, pick cabbage at the airfield, team kill for jets, are the ones to blame for the IO servers. So many people like the game but are sick of having to deal with the "shitty" part of it.

Then theres the section of people that are just plain and simply going for points. what a better way to get points then play a karkand IO medic. Basicly the easiest way to obtain points. And the easiest game to play.

Then there are the few people that just like the change in game styles. Play for fun, IO is fun. Standard is fun to, but having a variety is always best.
QFT BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oronisi
+4|6440

Hurricane wrote:

There's a difference though. These "whores" of vehicles tend to help the team. My team has a baseraping "evil" J-10 whore? Good! Make their tickets go down, Maverick!
You are kidding me right?  I am not going to defent IO, but plane and heli whores aren't exactly team players.  I don't know how many times I've been TK'd be air-whores...its far, far less than how many times I'm TK'd by any other thing, infantry, armor, or transport.

I don't mind land vehicles or artillery at all;I join IO to avoid the air-whores.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

SilentFox12345 wrote:

People like infantry only. There are still plenty of vehicle servers to choose from, and many servers rotate modes by day.

The best teamplay you can find can be had on IO.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-03-05 12:54:58)

Fredline
+13|6616|Seattle, WA
I like both as well...but IO (especially in SF) has been a nice change of pace lately.
Variety keeps the game from becoming boring. And what the hell could be wrong w/variety?!?
It's not like there are not enuff regular(w/Vehicles) servers.
As it's been discussed before some blend of the two would be nice...as in "Infantry w/Transport Vehicles" (ie; Jeeps, Humvees, Blackhawks, etc.) Maybe even w/Bomber & Transport Planes(ie; F-117A Nighthawk, C17's, etc.) Even more variety.
Madman
+0|6275|Melbourne, Australia
I'll repeat what a few others have said. If you don't like IO then fuck right off and play a vehicle map where sometimes you're lucky to move more than 10 feet before your'e either strafed and bombed by some smart bastard who thinks he's Tom Cruise, showered in artillery by some cockwit commander that doesn't realise arty kills get him no kill points, you're pummelled by an armour whore who can't seem to function unless he has a tank wrapped around his pathetic arse or sniped by some non-team playing half-tard who likes to sit on a hill and make your life miserable.
I think IO is a welcome change and if you already have your vehicle medals then why not just have some fun by running around in a pack shooting other fools doing the same. Anybody after quick points will soon realise getting 100+ points per round is very easy on IO. It takes a lot more tactical skill when capping flags or trying to not get out-capped and you have to rely on your rifle, not some tank or plane that any tard can control and do mass damage. And if it was so shithouse as some of you suggest, then why is everybody playing it?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6554|Hungary
I played Daquing Oilfields and KUBRA DAM the last days and it was great.I wanna play Zater aswell !
Longbow
+163|6643|Odessa, Ukraine

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Nope . Just some examples of better teamplay :
1) helicopter - teamwork machine in right hands
2) bomber - same as helicopter
3) 2 AT's that know how to take out circling helo . Ever did it ? If no , you wont understand that kind of satisfaction .
4) Capturing\holding strategical flag , such as helipad on Zatar Wetlands , airfields on Dragon Valley , Kubra Dam , Wake Island . It makes helo\jet whores very angry . It's fun to defend against their counterattacks .

and a lot lot more that IO cant give to you .

Last edited by Longbow (2007-03-05 15:30:52)

bobroonie.bda
+143|6677

Longbow wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Nope . Just some examples of better teamplay :
1) helicopter - teamwork machine in right hands
2) bomber - same as helicopter
3) 2 AT's that know how to take out circling helo . Ever did it ? If no , you wont understand that kind of satisfaction .
4) Capturing\holding strategical flag , such as helipad on Zatar Wetlands , airfields on Dragon Valley , Kubra Dam , Wake Island . It makes helo\jet whores very angry . It's fun to defend against their counterattacks .

and a lot lot more that IO cant give to you .
hell yea bro.

Nothing more satisfying then double ATing a circling helo.

"I got him once"
"I got him to, haha fuck yea he's down."

"Capturing\holding strategical flag , such as helipad on Zatar Wetlands , airfields on Dragon Valley , Kubra Dam , Wake Island . It makes helo\jet whores very angry . It's fun to defend against their counterattacks."

again fuckin an A bro. taking and holding airfields takes teamwork. and is fun as hell to defend. holding off an airfield from none stop armor and helo's from another flag is fun as hell.

but hey according to the ,1337, elite infantry people out there, this is way easy to do. Shooting an attack helo down with an AT rocket while he's attacking you is WAY easier then playing karkand IO medic.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2007-03-05 17:03:02)

Sondernkommando
+22|6712
The search continues for the perfect BF2 player.

This player rotates between all vehicles and all classes equally, to avoid "whoring" at copter/tank/medic what have you. 

He never stays at one location on any map, or plays any map more than once in a row. 

He balances all maps equally overall.

Within classes, he rotates between main arm, sidearm and grenade in that order, to avoid overdoing it with 1 kill method.

He always joins a squad and follows orders without getting mad when someone kills him more than once.

If he sees someone spawn, he runs away to avoid "spawnkilling".  He drives by spawn points quickly with his eyes closed.

When flying a jet, he kills one or two people, then bails out to avoid too much pwnage.

If anyone finds him, please let me know.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard