seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6601|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Zero!. wrote:

IO is great

no tank whores, dont get tk'd for vehicles

good points

better than any shitty vehicle server
every vehicle server i've been in on city maps i've never been tk'd for a vehicle. only maps i've been tk'd on are wake and dalian, thats it. tank whores are easy to take down, a few AT rockets, c4, mines, and they're toast. points don't matter, it's just another way to show off you e-penis.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6597|Reisterstown, MD

Shocking....someone is crying about Infantry only.  What a surprise.  If you don't like it, don't play it.  Sounds simple right..I guess it is just easier to whine about it and hope someone will give a damn what your opinion is on a game they bought.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6574

Hurricane wrote:

I wonder why people bought BF2. I'm sure half the reason was for playing with all the awesome vehicles. Then suddenly they realize that they get boatloads of their all-important points playing infantry only. But the ROE doesn't allow it.
May can i correct your statement?

"I wonder why people bought BF2. I'm sure half the reason was for playing with all the awesome vehicles. Then suddenly they realize that they get boatloads of their all-important fun playing infantry only. But the ROE doesn't allow it. "
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

killer21 wrote:

Shocking....someone is crying about Infantry only.  What a surprise.  If you don't like it, don't play it.  Sounds simple right..I guess it is just easier to whine about it and hope someone will give a damn what your opinion is on a game they bought.
it's hard to find a good vehicle server that has a good ping and has competent players. most vehicle only servers are wake island, no good city servers play vehicles.
SmackDowN
+5|6476

d.cripz wrote:

Whats some of your guys favorite inf only servers? I want a change from wake after 500 hours so im thinking of playing inf only karkand but i want a teamwork based server if they're such a thing.
Project Reality
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

SmackDowN wrote:

d.cripz wrote:

Whats some of your guys favorite inf only servers? I want a change from wake after 500 hours so im thinking of playing inf only karkand but i want a teamwork based server if they're such a thing.
Project Reality
qft
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6333|Australia
I play mostly IO. As engineer. Seems pretty pointless, but you'd be suprised how well one can do by jackhammering squads of medics.

I don't have anything against vehical servers, but I just don't really find them fun. Unless you're AT, if a vehical rolls by, you're screwed. Even then, a tank can take 3 hits from a SRAW/Eryx before blowing up. Everytime I end up going AT, I blow up a few cars, run out of ammo, and all I have left is a weak-arse SMG and no grenades. The problem is, the rockets are too weak, the mines get run over by team mates, and you have to go right up to a tank to C4 it. Vehical servers lack one thing: teamwork. It take a well organised team to successfully stop a tank from raping everyone, and unless you're in a clan, teamwork is pretty much no-existant in pub servers.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6716|Oklahoma City

SilentFox12345 wrote:

I'm really getting sick of seeing these.  Yesterday, when I checked all the ten or so really popular Karkand servers were inf. only.  Does anyone else want this to stop?
I totally agree. There is no reason what-so-ever that people should be able to run the kind of server they want, especially when they are paying for it... They are only around to provide a service to us anyway. I thought about renting a server so I could set the rules like I wanted, then I thought Nah, I will just complain until all the other servers conform to my standards.
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6741|DUTCH snap ik!
IO is great no tanks no planes notthing!!
just some good old infantry vs infantry and lets see who has the skills then ^^
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

ThePriest1750 wrote:

if you call 16 medics on each team using the same damn gun skill, then yea.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6572|England

ThePriest1750 wrote:

Funny your forum member title is "Tank Commander"
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6569|I'm a Viking....Norway
No! don't stop it! it's the "EA legal way of statpadding".
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6296|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

While I understand the concerns of people who say "IO is only good for getting massive amounts of points", there are some pretty good servers that are actually teamwork based. It isn't that easy to get huge amounts of points on IO, even on Karkand. I usually average only about 30-40 points. The only reason why my best round in Karkand is 193 is because there were only 12 people on a 64 person map. Besides, if a squad's lack of cooperation is really pissing you off, just leave the squad and make another. Look for people who seem to have skill, and invite them. If anyone who joins your new squad isn't a team player, kick them out. It's simple, really.

Of course, IO does lack one thing that makes vehicle servers great. Jihading.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
PMcS
+2|6474
Is it possible to make a game that people don't whine about..... ? Why not just make the most of what's on offer, or do something else, instead of just creating endless bloody moany threads.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6653

killer21 wrote:

Why even buy BF2 if all you want to do is play infantry only? I know when I bought the game that mode didn't exist.
AtomicMoose
+18|6406

Zodiaccup wrote:

A Battlefield with Inf.only, sounds like some kind of oxymoron to me...
Microsoft Works is an oxymoron.

Inf only only really applies to karkand anyway. Play wake.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6537
I once ventured into a inf only server that was running karkand. What I discovered that it is the number one meeting place for all point whores. The mode should be called statpad mode. I ended up with like +200 points in a single round. That was on my other account so I dunno the exact number.

Its a shame how most of the servers are following the trend. Good thing is SF still has a couple servers without the noobness of karkand and warlord.

Only IO I would approve is non-city maps since they are the ones that make the groundpounders cry about getting bombed. For example try 16 player Oman as an infantry only map its awesome.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6597|Reisterstown, MD

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Why even buy BF2 if all you want to do is play infantry only? I know when I bought the game that mode didn't exist.
Because it is my game and I will play however the hell i want.  If you want me to play the way you are playing, then send me 50 dollars and I will take ur whine under consideration. 

Last edited by killer21 (2007-03-04 12:58:54)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6684|Middle of nowhere

Hurricane wrote:

IO is lame. In competition, it's fun. But in ranked servers, it's an orgy of medics and support who do nothing teamwork oriented. It's fucking pathetic. DICE's second greatest folly was listening to the fucktards who don't know how to use an anti-tank missile. What's that? Your team doesn't help you? Play something besides Karkand, it's a breeding ground for morons who think that their sniper rifle will destroy a tank.
QFFT (quoted for fucking truth)

IO is fun sometimes, but all anyone ever does is throw nades

playing with vehicles requires more skill, if you see someone that goes 78-10 on a regular server, it actually means something (maybe they did it in a vehicle, but who cares?)
bobroonie.bda
+143|6687
If people did'nt jet and helo "whore", then it might not have been a problem. But since jets and helo's "ruin" the game for many people they like IO.

a few reasons

1. Sick of being TK'd for jets and helo's.
2. Sick of half the team waiting for helo's and jets instead of playing the game to win.
3. when you finally get to helo gun the pilot wont take off because his "copilot" is not in the helo with him.
4. Being the helo pilot but now your gunner has no clue what he is doing, wont use T.V missles ect.

Dumbasses that only fly, pick cabbage at the airfield, team kill for jets, are the ones to blame for the IO servers. So many people like the game but are sick of having to deal with the "shitty" part of it.

Then theres the section of people that are just plain and simply going for points. what a better way to get points then play a karkand IO medic. Basicly the easiest way to obtain points. And the easiest game to play.

Then there are the few people that just like the change in game styles. Play for fun, IO is fun. Standard is fun to, but having a variety is always best.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2007-03-04 16:55:42)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6636|Washington, DC

Well now, I see some reasons for playing IO that are legit. And if you truly are playing it for fun, props to you. I just would find it hard to believe that even half the IO player base are not in it for the points.

I enjoy good rounds of IO. Those are just hard to come by.
Kissmybumper
+2|6538
IO is fun to a certain extent. I used to always play sniper class and i sucked getting owned by a tank but heck, it gets lame because now i've picked up on using the anti-tank class and well, heh theres no tanks on those servers. I mean not saying you can't kill anyone with the anti-tank class without vehicles, but seriously, i think IO is for people who are frustrated with getting killed by tanks/APC's over and over again. If you can't beat a tank or APC, get into one yourself.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6469|meh-land
IO is fun, but vehicles pwn IO

the thing is, everyone complains about how hard it is to win in vehicle servers because of people who just use vehicles all round...  but i've never really found much of a problem dealing with them...  to be honest i prefer karkand with vehicles for example...  Its just that if there are vehicles then the noobs who can't play for crap end up getting killed after being stupid and getting themselves in a 1v1 against a tank with their M16

if you want to play with more than medic/support/sniper on IO play on the TSC karkand server, pros like to hang out on there a lot so you'll tend to find more engineers/AT than normal
and of course you'll find the occasional assault as well
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6497|Menlo Park, CA
If you want to play infantry only, go play COD2 or FEAR, and Counter Strike!!!

BF2 is a combination of both infantry AND VEHICULAR combat!! I play IO, but its def not as good as having the combo of vehicles in the map. . . .

Every time I try and play Karkand/vanilla all I see are IO servers. . . .Thats why I play Warlord and spec forces mostly!! People can vehicle whore all they want, the grunt has an equal footing in spec forces if you choose to ground pound.  Faster gameplay, better players, and people still use vehicles. . .

IO should be modified to just remove tanks or something(not jeeps/vodniks etc). If the little bitches cant handle armor running up their dress, they play another game!!! As it is now, of JUST infantry no jeeps etc, its gay. . . The antitank kit and engineer kit shouldnt remain useless on the IO battlefield. . . yet they completely remain useless as it is set up now. . BORING!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-03-04 22:51:56)

agent146
+127|6393|Jesus Land aka Canada
i dont' mind IO but please put some tanks/apcs/chopters for some of the servesrs. But IO tends to be nade spam, sniper rushes, and chaos. dont' get me wrong great place to medic whore and get points but its ...boring and tedious with all the nades and claymores.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard