Shaguart
Titties
+56|6378|Calgary, Canada
yeah my tag starts with an S and im always near the front of a pack off the spawn if were running anywhere
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6838|Grapevine, TX

duffmancometh wrote:

First in = Fastest computer.. nothing else.  especially not that alphabetical BS
I cant belive that. I am still running a P4 Northwood 2.3Ghz. My Connection is Fiber Optic, which deffinetly helps. My ping is 7-9, nothing higher than 15. I use no prefix and my account is (T)eflon(S)hadow. I think characters probally has something to do with it. Im always spawning right with one or two others, unless its after the server restarts or loads a new map, then I'm one of the last, because I have one of the slowest computers.

This test is with an average ping of 71. Like I said above on my server, i ping between 7-9, so I think your connection and possibly having a character in your account name might help. I also notice any time I'm looking at the BF2S Forums Index  and you look at the bottom, when I'm online I'm usually listed first, unless some other member with a character is on as well.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/93760597.png
David.P
Banned
+649|6282
I heard it has to do with 2 things relating to Ping. First Upload speed and Second download speed. When you join a server you are uploading your self to the server and you are downloading the environment at the same time. Let's say your like me have cable 3 megs download 256 kbps upload so i usually spawn 2nd or 3rd, But if you have DSL 1.5megs download and 128 kbps upload your probably gonna spawn 7th or 8th. But say you have ADSL your average upload speed and download speed is the same let's say 1.5 meg's your probably going to be first since you have the environment and your avatar being up/down loaded at the same time, While i am still uploading myself your already done and first in queue to spawn no matter what team you join. The environment  is always changing(By you moving) So it is not as important as your avatar. (And thats also why my friend with ADSL always spawns first no matter where the server is.)

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-03-02 15:27:00)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6488|Somewhere else

I'm pretty sure when the round starts, and you have zero points,  YOU are at the top of the list.   At the same time,everyone else on thier screen on thier computer, shows they are #1.

I have been number one on the list on a server that had just started, and the admin ended the round. not one person getting one point.  I was first on the list for my team, which shoudl have given me a gold or a silver at least. but I was not in the top three.

So, its just you on top until the points start factoring in.

EDIT: at least evertytime I am in a server at the start of the round, im always at the top, regardless of what my clan tag is at that time, if i'm even using a clan tag.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-03-02 15:25:53)

Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6714|Alaska
my name stards with a d, and im ALWAYS first, no matter what. and i dont know how
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6379|Pittsburgh, PA USA
I have 5 different accounts & I'm always first with each one (on occasion 2nd or 3rd) even though they're all different letters @ different parts of the alphabet. I have a half-decent computer & a fairly decent internet connection so I assume it has to be one or both of those. I even tried putting three "Z"'s for my clan tag tonight & still beat almost everyone.....but maybe god just likes me because I'm Irish so that's why he lets me go first

I really don't think it makes much of a difference unless you get upwards of a 30 second head start though which isn't likely to happen unless everyone in the server happens to go AFK at the same time.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6630|Gold coast, Aus.

bootsy wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Omfg, OBVIOUSLY loading depends on your PC. I am thinking he means when the round starts, everyones loaded, who spawns nearest to the plane. And its still incorrect.
OMG your dumb,learn to read a post correctly,moron

OP wrote:

There was a topic ages ago trying to find out why some people always spawn 1st when a game starts on the same map as the last.

We spawn in alphabetical order. That's why I'm usually 1st, regardless of specs.
MEANING NO LOAD TIME.

Last edited by gene_pool (2007-03-02 22:11:07)

Flakturnal
+21|6450|Perth,WA
so thats why  AardvarkL33tDeathSniper guy always gets the chopper 1st
ramsie1
+2|6543|London UK
powerful computer, good connection + WD raptor 10k hard drive = 1st to spawn
theelviscerator
+19|6297
I vote fastest internet + fastest computer with lowest settings wins.

I usually get in first also, running dual raptors raid with fast internet, but only 1 gig ram...
weasel_thingo
+74|6335

BigglesPiP wrote:

There was a topic ages ago trying to find out why some people always spawn 1st when a game starts on the same map as the last.

We spawn in alphabetical order. That's why I'm usually 1st, regardless of specs.
if you are right then im fucked,
i think its on ping though.
PluggedValve
+17|6349
Its all about you PC.  Nothing to do with alphabetics, unless its the nano second difference on the 2nd round.  I attribute that to some ppl leave cpu to get beer etc... Whoever clicks "Join Server" first.  In the first round there is no question its all CPU specs.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6502|N. Ireland
Before someone has a point, everyone is seen as first. Player A who is a major and who has no points in shown as first on his team, but Player B who is a private and who has no points is also shown as first on his own screen.

So, everyones first screen is DIFFERENT - everyone is first on their screen before someone earns a point, but another person sees them as first.

/fact.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6312|The | Netherlands

Marlboroman82 wrote:

it's all related to the size of your penis
dooh....

PluggedValve
+17|6349
The names of people who have already loaded into the map and are running for the jet are in blue(like a teammate who is alive) and the ones greyed out are not loaded in yet. 
   Your name will always be at the top of the list until points accumulate.  Basically your cpu assumes that a tie means your at the top.  The only way to tell who loads 1st, 2nd 3rd is to watch  the names turn blue as they click "JOIN GAME" in the bottom right corner.  I load quicker than most but not amongst the quickest so i am usually 2nd to the jet (if thats what im doing).
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6345
lol alpha order
bs
its how fast your computer can load the map
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6606|Seattle

Wow, this is so not true. I'm going to close this so people don't get confused. Your PC has everything to do with loading times. I know this. There is no argument. I was first into every server when I used my buddy's bad ass computer. Same name. Different, faster pc.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard