(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6831|Grapevine, TX
If I were British I think I could just say rubbish, and leave it at that.
Chorcai
+49|6649|Ireland
4 gig of ram helps I load maps so quick that Im in the air before the last map has finished - bun-dum !
hutchy52
+12|6756

gene_pool wrote:

Not true, i know some guy who ALWAYS gets the j-10, his prefix is NUBR and his name starts with a C.

Also his friend has the same tag and his name starts with R and he gets the j-10 nearly always too.
I assume you mean Reaperkills the J10 whore

https://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4268/bf22007012804340660qj4.jpg
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.

hutchy52 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Not true, i know some guy who ALWAYS gets the j-10, his prefix is NUBR and his name starts with a C.

Also his friend has the same tag and his name starts with R and he gets the j-10 nearly always too.
I assume you mean Reaperkills the J10 whore

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4268 … 660qj4.jpg
Of course. And very well done tbh
paper_pieon
+7|6305
yeah isnt it just connection? and who clicks on join first?
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6358|the Great British Queendom :)
Hell yeah I thought it was a memory and ping thing as I play regular clan games and I am always last 1 in! yet my name starts with an "a"? Oh shit, I forgot I am lazy and never bother to press Join Now!
pebblebash
Banned
+9|6279
Sorry, but this whole alphabetical order thing is absolute bollocks.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6367
Its how much ram+how fast your connection is
BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6550|Windermere, GB
It has nothing to do with specs. If I go straight for a buggy I'm ALWAYS 1/4 mile at least ahead.

Even on my old Athlon XP rig, and my 1.6Ghz Laptop.

And I'm even 1st on the internet we have in the lake district (~200 ping).

Last edited by BigglesPiP (2007-02-19 06:34:45)

duffmancometh
+5|6491|Boca Raton, FL
First in = Fastest computer.. nothing else.  especially not that alphabetical BS

Last edited by duffmancometh (2007-02-19 06:32:49)

pebblebash
Banned
+9|6279
One thing I've noticed is you verify client data faster if you have an account on your computer dedicated to BF2. The less junky the account, the smoother it runs. Loading fast (Veryifing Client Data in particular) is mostly to do with the speed of your hard drive (I think)... So if you have a raptor or something like that, you should be one of the first to load up on the server.

Last edited by pebblebash (2007-02-19 06:33:31)

Zukabazuka
+23|6687
My name starts with Z so no its wrong, people with good computers starts first.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6350|Belfast
yes IM ALWAYS 1st

it makes me feel special

edit: my comp is shite sooo ur wrong

Last edited by henno13 (2007-02-19 13:14:22)

Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6625|Camp XRay

it's all related to the size of your penis
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6350|Belfast
Orly?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
So it ISN'T alphabetical?

Nuts, there goes my idea of adding an [AAA] tag to spawn first...
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6389|Scotland
better not be, mine starts with z lol
im_in_heaven
+27|6589
The higher your specs and internet connection the faster youll be on playing the map. Nothing to do with names.
bootsy
Banned
+9|6288
it depends on your setting,higher=longer spawn time, lower=faster, plus how often you play a certain map thats in your bf2 cashe
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.
Omfg, OBVIOUSLY loading depends on your PC. I am thinking he means when the round starts, everyones loaded, who spawns nearest to the plane. And its still incorrect.
bootsy
Banned
+9|6288

gene_pool wrote:

Omfg, OBVIOUSLY loading depends on your PC. I am thinking he means when the round starts, everyones loaded, who spawns nearest to the plane. And its still incorrect.
OMG your dumb,learn to read a post correctly,moron
Donald O' Brien
+104|6705
Some of the inhabitants of this thread are in serious need of 2nd grade reading comprehension.
theelviscerator
+19|6290
Raptors baby...Raptors in Raid FTW!
Killya
+4|6293
I usually spawn first (or close to it) and that gets you the hardware if that is what you are after.  It's all based on PING TIME.  I have a cable modem running right off a fiber connection in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and get 7.5Mb/s minimum with low pings to most servers in North America.   Better the connection, sooner you spawn... my tag is XXX_I_Killya_XXX so the alphabetical theory is bunk.  The other factor is rig speed and that is only if you are loading up the map for the first time that session or switching to the other team that you haven't played yet on that server.  Hope that helps....

Laterz...
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere

BigglesPiP wrote:

There was a topic ages ago trying to find out why some people always spawn 1st when a game starts on the same map as the last.

We spawn in alphabetical order. That's why I'm usually 1st, regardless of specs.
https://www.hjo3.net/orly/gal1/orly_rock.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard